Lasted edited by Andrew Munsey, updated on June 15, 2016 at 1:12 am.
A general note about naming new files. Think departments.
- If your page is a directory page, it should begin "Directory:"
- If your page is an encyclopedia entry, it should begin "PowerPedia:"
- If it has to do with news, it should begin "News:"
- If your page has to do with open sourcing, it should begin "OS:" and then be followed by an abbreviation appropriate to the unique project, eg. "OS:BMM:" Then, within that subsection, if you have a folder for replications, you could name all files there "OS:BMM:Replications/..." with "..." being the name of the particular replication.
- The only names that will take the root domain (no preface) will be the department indexes.
- Be sure to include the colon ":" after the directory name in a new page.
The following prefaces signify a page that has to do with the following energy-related departments:
Listed in sequence of activity at PESWiki.
Directory: - a feature index for main topics, companies, inventors
News: - breaking stories and new bullets posted at PESWiki
OS: - open sourcing projects
Current events: - conferences, symposia, radio appearances
Academy: - course development
PAC: - political action items
PESWiki: - general wiki matters
Sites: - individual's project pages
Reviews: - reviews of movies, books, products, theories
Help:Contents: - help pages
Community: - watering hole stuff
PeerPedia: - working space for documents to be submitted for peer review
Classifieds: - classified advertising
Store: - items for sale, sales resources
Library: - suggestions for our hard copy collection
Game: - virtual free energy action game creation
Pending: - new departments under consideration or development
Additional Departments can be added as the need arises.
Please use initial caps for each word in page names, except on small helper words like "the", "of", "with", and "and".
For example, this page is named: "File Naming Guidelines", not "File naming guidelines".
Note that Wikipedia uses an initial-word-only capitilation convention. That is not consistent with the publishing world in general. We will go with the publishing world convention here at PESWiki.
Good recommendations from Wikipedia (which uses the same open source Mediawiki software we are using):
Naming conventions (How to title articles)
Disambiguation (How to resolve title conflicts)
How does one edit a page - includes all the codes for formatting as you wish.
How to start a new language section - for those who wish to provide translations or to contribute content from other languages.