Lasted edited by Andrew Munsey, updated on June 14, 2016 at 9:43 pm.
There are three types of magnets.
1. magnets - permanent earth magnets
2. ferro-magnets - magnets made by coiling wire around metal with an electric current.
3. dia-magnets - this is a Superconductor
From my study of Superconductors there are few main characteristics
1. A dia-magnet or Superconductor traps lines of magnetic flux from permanent earth magnets by internalizing the magnetic lines of flux.
2. A thickness of a Superconductor is important because there is a distance that must remain between the magnet and Superconductor. The two become to close and there will become a force of resistance which nullifies the utilization of the Superconductor.