Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter


OS:BoobTube713 Device 580

Lasted edited by Andrew Munsey, updated on June 15, 2016 at 2:03 am.

  • This page has been imported from the old peswiki website. This message will be removed once updated.

Device 580

This device is a simple rotary motor with out a timing method. This is from patent 6342746.

Construction Images

The raw pieces straight from the steel shop.


The pieces stacked up.


The pieces being glued.


The coils being wrapped.

Project Data

Post data/plans here.


The following section was added by boobtube713 July 2011

I have modeled some of the device from fig 24 above in cad software. The following zip file has the CAD version of "part1" saved in several file formats. You could download this and have the base part for Device 580 made for you. It also includes a CAD version of the matching rotor member. This design size was based on (2) 1x3 inch magnets being placed between plates. (See Fig. 24)D-580-part1 Zip File The quotes I received were $317 for part 1 and $107 for part 2. Obviously that will not work as a viable replication plan. I took a tip from Directory:Flynn Parallel Path principle device and started looking at sheet metal to make laminated pieces. This was a much more economical path for several reasons, works well as I only need to buy 2 different size pieces, there is no need for a cad drawing and to make Device 580 with the dimensions I gave it, only requires 6 pieces to be curved. I found a local steel company that manufactures steel buildings that was willing to sell a whole 4'x8' sheet and after some explaining I was able to order a much smaller piece and have them cut the pieces for me. They had 1/4" thick sheet in stock and by my (corrected)math that would be (2) 3"x9" pieces and (20) 3"x1" pieces. I have also ordered some pieces of 26 gauge sheet metal with the same sizes, from a company that does duct work. I intend to use these as shims to adjust the air gap.

I should have ordered (2)3"x91/2" or (16)3"x1" and (4)3"x11/4". However, note that because I did not,(the 3x1 pieces they gave me were 11/4" anyway) this will make the tops of the curved ends only 1" instead of 1&1/4" tall, when added to the ends of the 3x9 pieces or it would shortened the overall length by 1/2", if they were placed on top of the 3x9 pieces. These numbers are as compared to the cad drawing. This should have no effect on device operation or construction but could have a significant effect on construction if it were to result in any change to the over-all height of the device or the height of the curve in the end plates. There should be a minimal air gap between the rotor member and the curved end piece as shown in figs. 25A and B above.

Construction Log

I started to put the pieces together but I had to stop and file down the cut edges. I got rough cut because it was (much)cheaper but the pieces don't fit flush, this is a major issue as the pieces need to be in full contact to allow the most flux possible to pass through to the next piece. From a safety standpoint you should wear gloves when handling rough edge pieces, I cut my self several times on the rough edges. I am hand filing the pieces so it is taking some time. I still need to cut the pieces that will make the rotor members and the curved end pieces however, I do not have the equipment to do this at the moment. This particular device also makes a very good "Proof of Concept Device" with a slightly different magnet arrangement and would be great to experiment with as you could power all 4 coils separately and observe the effect on the field strength as coils are energized and de-energized. I am currently using a small number of "turns" in the windings in an attempt to show the relationship between number of "turns" and input power. It is my theory that the less "turns" used the higher the input current will need to be to manifest the Parallel Path effect. As such the reverse should also be true and I should be able to manifest the effect using very little voltage if I use a very large number of "turns". I feel because the "number of turns" is not a solid number I should also list the approximate length in feet as well. I have tried to add all of the relevant information to the image descriptions.