Lasted edited by Andrew Munsey, updated on June 14, 2016 at 9:12 pm.
Posted by Congress:Founder:Sterling D. Allan
February 5, 2015
Here are our new Forum changes and rules (open to discussion and debate). -- Directory:Aaron Willis.
An update to the Forum rules:
I have carefully reviewed the numerous posts and emails I’ve received regarding the PES Forums. After considering the different options and discussing them with Stuart, these are the changes that have now been implemented:
# Everybody gets a clean slate. All accounts will be unlocked.
# Instant posts. No more delays, unless your post triggers a moderation alert. Exceptions to instant: Any comments with attachments such as photo's or say YouTube links. And links to other web-pages.
# Less restrictive word use.
Forum Rules: (In addition to all of the common ones i.e. Don’t type in ALL CAPS, no Ads or Spamming)
1. If you are 99.999% skeptic, great. We still want you. That means you have at least 0.001% hope or willingness to believe that somewhere, somehow, someway, someday human ingenuity is going to figure this stuff out. If not, this forum is not for you and your posts are not welcome. There are plenty of other forums out there for you. Please go share your omniscient knowledge there.
2. Limit swearing, vulgarity, sexual innuendo: The standard here is PG-13. PES has a varied audience. Members often have the forum windows open at work and at home. For example: “WTF” is ok, The F-bomb is not ok. If you must use other swear words, don’t over do it. Try at least to be clever or humorous. If every other word you post is profanity, you’re either not very articulate or need to increase your vocabulary. Those who repeatedly show they cannot self-regulate will be banned.
3. Be respectful. Agree or disagree all you want, but treat others how you would want to be treated.
4. If you feel the need to use an Ad-Hominem attack, make sure it is based on known facts or your own personal experience with that person. Otherwise debates should be based on claims made or the content of a person’s argument. The intent of these forums is not to disparage anyone, but to foster open and helpful debate. In this, negative comments are occasionally more helpful than positive ones, just keep it respectful.
5. If you are a misinformation agent, government plant, alien spy, agent provocateur or other malcontent you are still welcome here. But as a courtesy to others, please make it known. (We are going to assume you are anyway, so just go ahead and state clearly who you are working for and provide contact info and the best time to reach your handlers. This will help should we wish to voice a compliment, complaint or helpful suggestion regarding your propaganda, modus operandi or crass negativity.) Your very presence on our humble forum is a testament that there is something of value here to suppress. Also please note that an occasional monetary donation to our cause is actually increasing your job security… just saying. In this economy, we all need to be careful.
6. Have some fun. Don’t take anyone on the forum too serious. PES is out to find the “impossible”. It takes a certain amount of crazy to believe that finding the impossible is possible. We understand the innate need for some of you to mock us, to believe we are uneducated, nuts or frauds. It makes you feel better about yourselves. That is ok, we also believe the same about some of you for pretty much the same reasons.
There was an error working with the wiki: Code- Aaron Willis has issued new parameters for forum posting. Everybody gets a clean slate. All accounts will be unlocked. Instant posts. "If you are a misinformation agent, government plant, alien spy, agent provocateur or other malcontent you are still welcome here. But as a courtesy to others, please make it known." (PESWiki February 5, 2015)