PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
User: John Coviello
Note: Feel free to contribute to or enhance my pages, as this is an open forum that anyone can contribute to. -- John
- Barometric Pressure Power - Directory about Barometric Pressure Differential Power being developed by Cold Energy, LLC. Created by John Coviello. (October 27, 2005)
- Field Emission Lamps Directory - New lighting technology developed at UC Davis, called field emission lamps, offers quality, cost and environmental benefits compared with existing types of lighting. Up to five times more efficient than current lighting. Created by John Coviello. (June 16, 2005)
- Mimicking Living Organisms - A directory dedicated to exploring new energy research efforts focusing on the potential of mimicking the way in which living organisms produce and use energy. How plants convert sunlight/solar into energy, etc. Created by John Coviello. (April 21, 2005)
- Compact Fluorescent - Directory page by John Coviello. Provides an overview of Compact Fluorescent Lighting, including advantages and disadvantages. (April 18, 2005)
- Energy Efficiency - A page dedicated to putting together the various energy efficiency options into a larger picture of overall efficient use of energy, and how these efficiency gains might have unexpected and positive consequences. (April 16, 2005)
- Light Emitting Diodes - Directory by John Coviello. Recent developments indicate that highly efficient and long lasting Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) might someday replace light bulbs. LEDs are now available in white and are starting to penetrate the lighting market. (April 15, 2005)
- Advanced Power Generation - Directory by John Coviello. Explores the latest in super-efficient coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear utility scale generating plants. (April 13, 2005)
- Solar Energy - Encyclopedic entry by John Coviello. Focuses on futuristic solar technology designs such as Spaced-Based Solar Arrays and Nanotechnology-based solar designs. (April 12, 2005)
- Hybrid Vehicles - directory created by John Coviello. (April 6, 2005)
The following directories were created by John Coviello:
- Cold Fusion overview (March 30, 2005)
- Proton Polymer batteries (March 30, 2005)
- Silver Polymer batteries (March 30, 2005)
- Lithium Sulphur batteries (March 30, 2005)
- Lithium Ion batteries (March 30, 2005)
- High Altitude Wind Power - Flying Electric Generators, windmills 30,000 feet high and tethered to the ground by power lines would capture the plentiful power in the strong, steady winds that blow in the jet stream. (Directory created by John Coviello) (March 26, 2005)
- Utility Scale Batteries ...have finally reached a point of technological development in which they can be integrated into the grid to ensure a constant power supply. This development will affect the entire alternative energy field, as large amounts of electricity generated by alternatives means from solar to wind can be stored in large quantities and used when necessary. (Directory created by John Coviello) (March 25, 2005)
- Ocean Wave Energy - Directory created by John Coviello, includes FAQs, overview, costs, state of the technology and more. (March 21, 2005)
John has an environmental science degree and currently works in the environmental field. He has always had a keen interest in the environment and alternative energy throughout his life, understanding that many of our pollution problems and even some social/geopolitical problems are a result of our over-reliance on dirty fuel stocks from coal/oil to nuclear. For years, it seemed like a hopeless battle. Oil was just too cheap and plentiful, and alternatives were too expensive and impractical.
However, he has sensed a distinct change in this equation at the dawn of the 21st Century. Oil is finally starting to run low in supply (nearing a peak) and has perhaps begun a sustained price rise higher as it grows more scarce. At the same time, alternatives of all sorts are really starting to make progress forward as cost-effective and practical energy sources. Related technological developments such as nanotechnology are contributing to this renaissance of alternative energy. It seems as if a number of related advancements in various alternative energy fields are complimenting each other, or will in the near future, to deliver workable alternative energy solutions.
With this in mind, John is very pleased to contribute to this exciting field of alternative energy by writing for PESWiki.com regarding the latest developments in alternative energy and possible future development scenarios. John can be contacted via the TALK function on PESWiki.com.
- John's "Talk" page - post a comment, suggestion, or question there so he can see it.