PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
by Sterling D. Allan
Pure Energy Systems News
Oct. 29, 2010
The makers of the excellent, landmark documentaries Who Killed the Electric Car and I.O.U.S.A. have produced a documentary about bottled water, called Tapped.
In it, they address the high cost -- to both the environment and our health -- of bottled water. They enlist activists, environmentalists, community leaders and others to expose the dark side of the bottled water industry.
Americans may rethink their obsession with bottled H20 when they learn of the unregulated industry's willingness to ignore environmental and health concerns, and the problems that arise as a result.
- Use your tap water, with reusable containers, for portable water. You can get such containers very cheaply at a thrift store.
- Apply proper filtration at the point of use, if your local water supply isn't adequate.
- Remember to drink lots of water, it's very important to your health to stay properly hydrated.
- (YouTube / tappedfilm; Feb. 11, 2009)
- Amazon - Is access to clean drinking water a basic human right, or a commodity that should be bought and sold like any other article of commerce? Stephanie Soechtig's debut feature is an unflinching examination of the big business of bottled water. From the producers of 'Who Killed the Electric Car' and 'I.O.U.S.A.,' this timely documentary is a behind-the-scenes look into the unregulated and unseen world of an industry that aims to privatize and sell back the one resource that ought never to become a commodity: our water. From the plastic production to the ocean in which so many of these bottles end up, this inspiring documentary trails the path of the bottled water industry and the communities which were the unwitting chips on the table.
Directors: Stephanie Soechtig
Format: Color, DVD, Widescreen, NTSC
Region: All Regions
Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1
Number of discs: 1
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
DVD Release Date: August 10, 2010
Run Time: 76 minutes
In the News
- Featured: Water / Pollution / Recycling >
Tapped - The makers of the excellent, landmark documentaries Who Killed the Electric Car and I.O.U.S.A. have produced a documentary about bottled water, called Tapped. In it, they address the high cost -- to both the environment and our health -- of bottled water. They enlist activists, environmentalists, community leaders and others to expose the dark side of the bottled water industry. (PESWiki; Oct. 29, 2010)
- Water / Recycling / Pollution >
The Story of Bottled Water - Annie Leonard creates another hit animation depicting the cost, pollution, treachery and waste involved in using bottled water. In most places, it is not superior to tap water, it costs 2,000 times more, and the plastic it requires is hugely detrimental to the planet. (The Story of Stuff; March 2010)
- Directory:Water from Air
- Directory:Water Filtration
- Directory:Water Purification
- Review: Tapped
ENERGY FROM THE MOVEMENT OF WATER
WATER AS FUEL
- Directory:Water as Fuel | PowerPedia:Water as fuel
- PowerPedia:Water gas
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- OS:Water Fuel Cell
- Directory:Water-Powered Batteries
OTHER ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES INVOLVING WATER
- Directory:Mixing Sea and River Water
- Directory:Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion
- Directory:Deep Lake Water Cooling
- Directory:Energy from Sewage