PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Review:Electric Motor Secrets DVD by Peter Lindemann
A review of the DVD: Electric Motor Secrets: A Demonstration and Lecture by Peter Lindemann, DSc; April 2007. 2 hours, 30 min.
- "In his DVD presentation, drawing on 30 years of his own research and development, Peter Lindemann explains in simple terms what back EMF is, and how one can build motors and generators that do not involve back-EMF. He asserts that such designs can improve upon the most effective motors of today by many-fold, not just a few percent." -- Sterling D. Allan (April 21, 2007)
Distributed by Clear Tech, Inc.
- http://electricmotorsecrets.com - Peter Lindemann's Electric Motor Secrets Part 1, Part 2 and Advanced Motor Secrets.
Introduction by Peter Lindemann
From Free Energy Update - April 7, 2007: NEWS FROM CLEAR TECH, INC.
This is my latest educational video on the subject of electric motors and how to radically improve their efficiency.
It's packed with information on why standard motors do what they do, and how to engineer around the problems they present. I show you how to build electric motors that don't produce any Back EMF, and bring back rare, historic documents about Bob Teal's amazing Magnipulsion Engine. I then show how Teal's Magnipulsion Engine really worked, and why he believed it could replace all other motor and engine designs. I also show some advanced motor designs that operate with a COP > 8. This DVD is 2½ hours long, and loaded with simple, practical information and designs that will astonish seasoned engineers and give new directions to research experimenters and model builders.
Conquering Back EMF
On April 21, 2007, Sterling D. Allan wrote:
The most efficient motors available in the market today are in the range of 95 to 98 percent effective in converting electrical input into mechanical output -- according to the present configurations and the laws of physics upon which they are founded. Building on that foundation, any gains in efficiency will be just a few percent at most.
In his DVD presentation, drawing on 30 years of his own research and development, Peter Lindemann explains in simple terms what back EMF is, and how one can build motors and generators that do not involve back-EMF. He asserts that such designs can improve upon the most effective motors of today by many-fold, not just a few percent.
The best illustration of back EMF is the fact that if you turn the shaft on a typical motor, it turns into a generator, producing electricity. Lindemann points out that when electricity is input into a motor that even though net motive force is achieved, that at the same time electricity is being produced that works against the input electrical force. This is back EMF. Present physics describes it as an inescapable fact.
Pointing to the seminal work of Bob Teal in the 1970s, Lindemann points out that it is possible to create a motor that does not produce back EMF. Simply put, this is accomplished by using a piece of iron instead of a magnet to go into an electromagnetic coil. It is even possible to wire the coil circuit such that rather than producing back EMF, the collapsing magnetic field can actually be picked up separate from the input electricity, rather than fighting against the input electricity.
Lindemann also points to the work done by John Bedini to develop simple circuitry by which what used to be back EMF can be harnessed for use, rather than working against the motor system. He also draws from the work of Roger Andrews who has patented several "executive toys" (desktop demo models) that run for much longer than they "should".
Lindemann then explains some motor designs he himself has come up with, including a prototype he build in the early 1980s that had tremendous torque. He has not had the resources to develop his later designs (e.g. the Lindemann Solenoid Engine), but is confident that they are an improvement on the earlier prototype he built, and that they will continue to push forward a new understanding of motor possibilities.
A forum has been created for those who wish to pursue these concepts and build and refine some of these later designs.
In an interview with me today, Lindemann said that he sees this new understanding opening a second wave of advancement in motor technology, similar to the second wave of computer technology advancement introduced by the world wide web, following the first wave of the development of the computer.
While he is glad to help people understand these concepts, he does not post his material for free on the web, but guards his copyright, not thinking it too much to ask that people pay a mere $30 for the DVD, for example -- "one dollar for each year I've worked on this," he says.
Reluctance Motors from Work
On April 27, 2007, 05:24 AM John Bedini wrote:
In this video I wanted to hookup one of the reluctance motors from work.(one pole only) I also want to point out that the circuit is using a hall device, but just like Peters circuit, just like he has posted on his home pages. The timing wheel is the most important part of the device. The iron rods are ground on the ends as to deflect the magnetic fields, same as the coil pole piece, (angles). The motor only runs because it is attracted to the electromagnet and then at the half way point the battery is disconnected and the ground angles take over with the bias magnet. The bias magnet is to apply a little magnetic field to the rods, the reason is to cause a differential in the magnetic field so recovery takes place easy and the rotor moves out of the field easy. I will post the diagram if the group finds this of benefit.
But the design Peter has posted for recovery does work and the motor does run. You may view the motor on my website at:
I admit that I had to do it in three sections as my camera is not that good. I feel that something is missing from the recovery in this type of motor, as I think the iron sucks up all the Radiant energy, you may see something different. The input power is 200Ma and it has about the same torque as the monopole 23%.
If you look at the wave on the scope you can see it almost gives back the input, Ben where are you now we need your input on the wave form. I just thought that the group would like to see this.
More research should have been done before the DVD was released
On April 25, 2007, 06:04 PM John Bedini wrote:
Peter should take his time and do methodical research before doing anything like this, you must know all the answers and not assume anything, as you will fail. Before you expect to build things from just theory you must prove it out as the theory never works the same way. The drawings of the little toy is in no way valid of my monopole machine in any way as it does not recover anything, it uses an autofomer arrangement, so I rest my case until proven otherwise. Peter worked here for a year and he knows I do not think in conventional terms in electronics when it comes to recovering energy, as I see something much different then he does. I have no beef with Peter, except he should have just let Gary and I see the preview like Gary asked. Doing a DVD on DC motors is one thing, as for energy recovery you are playing in a much different ballpark as is know by people who have tried.
DVD shows no Secrets as Advertised
On April 23, 2007, Rick Fredrich wrote:
My comments are below this relavent quote.
John_Bedini wrote in Gn0sis.com:
- Also in the NEW movie, I built the engine you see running, I did the switching. as Teal's motor was not capable of charging any battery. the circuit you see with teal's drawing is not for storing energy at all. The circuit is a spark suppression for the points. The teal motor is not capable of charging batteries until you use the monopole circuit for recovery.
- I'm not going to say anything more. Remember closing down all the fields is not an open system, no recovery possible.
I hesitated to post this but for the sake of the truth I had to write this. I also have no personal conflict with Peter, my last visit with him was very good. This email concerns Peter's new DVD, and the credibility of free energy videos, etc.
- Lindemann Rotary Attraction Motor - Peter Lindemann has been coaching a forum in replicating a modified off-the-shelf motor, adding a Bedini-like circuit for improved efficiency, smoother running, and possible over-unity performance.
- 'Cold Electricity' circuit - Ronald R. Stiffler has come up with a circuit that he calls a "cold electricity" circuit that appears to be harnessing free energy from the environment. "This is a totally self-contained, self-powered circuit. There are not tricks to it."
- Download (13 mb; 55 min; mp3) On April 21, 2007, Sterling D. Allan conducted a one-hour, live interview with Peter Lindemann about the "Electric Motor Secrets" DVD.
- The Missing Bob Teal Interview had been found (download) - background and link to video, posted April 14, 2007 at YouTube.
- Electric Motor Secrets - "For the discussion of the DVD by Dr. Peter Lindemann called Electric Motor Secrets." Lindemann, who participates in this forum, posts a link to it from the jacket of his DVD.
In the News
- Electric Motor Secrets / Build a 100 mpg car - Reprint of Lindemann's announcement of the DVD release. (ZPEnergy; Apr. 8, 2007)
Clear Tech, Inc.
PO Box 717
Liberty Lake, WA 99019