PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Review:Breakthrough Power by Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon
Page first featured November 4, 2008
REVIEW: Breakthrough Power: How Quantum-Leap New Energy Inventions Can Transform Our World
- The New Energy Congress officially recommends that Breakthrough Power become the flagship public education tool for the movement.
(Based on a month-long vote, concluding Dec. 11, 2008.)
Here is a book to both round out your own understanding of game-changing energy technologies as well as to pass out to your family and friends to get them excited about the possibilities and to inspire them to get involved in helping to remove the barriers which have stood in the way of these things coming forward.
"This landmark book by two of my close and trusted friends and associates, Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon, can become a primary vehicle of new energy understanding and promotion. In addition to providing a great primer for newcomers to the field, it can help the well-seasoned veteran round out his knowledge of some of the most important historic yet-to-emerge, proven technologies in the field. It's not just educational, but it is a call to action to galvanize the public into awareness of these breakthrough technologies and to instill in them a cry to bring down the barriers that have hitherto kept these game-changing technologies from making it to market. We're talking about technologies that can be primary power producers, 24/7/365, portable, scalable, safe, and not only do no harm to the environment, but can help clean it up -- with a price tag that is far below what conventional energy technologies provide." -- Sterling D. Allan, CEO of PES Network, Inc. and the New Energy Congress; Nov. 4, 2008
- Download (470KB; mp3) - 30-second ad for KFNX News-Talk Radio, commencing daily Nov. 19, 2008 as part of the Free Energy Now radio series.
Authors: Jean Manning and Joel Garbon
Publisher: Amber Bridge Books
- download (5 Mb;mp3) - On Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, Sterling D. Allan conducted a live, 30-minute interview (at KFNX News-Talk Radio in Phoenix) with Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon as part of the Free Energy Now radio show.
- >>Download Free Energy Now Show (17 Mb; mp3) - On Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2008, Sterling D. Allan conducted a live, 1.5-hour, follow-up interview (at BBSRadio.com; channel 2) with Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon, also as part of the Free Energy Now radio show.
Opening Script for Free Energy Now Interview:
We’re joined this morning by two of my colleagues and friends: Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon, who will be telling us about the newly-released book they’ve co-authored: Breakthrough Power: How Quantum-leap New Energy Inventions Can Transform Our World.
It provides a fascinating overview of the more unusual and potentially disruptive energy technologies – “disruptive” in a good way; overturning the oil addiction and its associated dependencies -- and the obstacles faced by many of these inventors; as well as the hope that the future holds, as we are sure to see at least some of these begin to emerge into widespread use.
I’ve been enjoying my read of this book, making notes in the margins, and learning quite a bit about a field that I’ve been immersed in for half a decade. Yet it is written simply and compelling enough to appeal to even newcomers to the subject.
Jeane, who happens to also have been on the very first Free Energy Now broadcast I did back in July of 2006 – in person -- was again on our show last year talking about the New Energy Movement local support group she founded up in Canada that meets regularly. Chronicling the new energy scene since the 1980s, this is actually Jeane’s third book on this subject, the first being written in 1996: The Coming Energy Revolution: The Search for Free Energy, published by the Avery Publishing Group. Her books have been translated into six languages.
In 2007 after watching one of Joel Garbon’s public speeches and remembering the synergy and shared philosophy when they worked on New Energy Movement projects together, she asked him to join the Breakthrough Power book project. He brings a scientist’s perspective, and shares the intention to convey important messages to an even broader public than had The Coming Energy Revolution.
Joel has over two decades of experience in product development and as a technical consultant to the paper, chemical, building products, and water treatment industries. He is a highly regarded speaker and educator within these industries, regularly instructing classes of engineers. He is also a sought-after speaker on the subject of a concurrent evolution in energy technology and human consciousness to address our pressing global challenges.
Joel currently serves as President of The New Energy Movement, which in some regards could be considered to have been a midwife organization to the New Energy Congress that I founded three years ago this month to review, rank, and facilitate the most promising breakthrough energy technologies.
. . .
Listen to the Entire Show (17 Mb; mp3)
- Books > Breakthrough Power >
Breakthrough Power book receives silver award - For 26 years, Independent Publisher has been recognizing the work of publishers who exhibit the courage and creativity necessary to take chances, break new ground, and bring about change, not only to the world of publishing, but to our society. This year they recognized Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon's book with one of their Outstanding Book of the Year awards. (IndependentPublisher.com; 2009)
- Top 100 / Featured: Events > Breakthrough Power >
Video Report: Breakthrough Power Presentation at SJSU - On April 2, Jeane Manning, Joel Garbon and Sterling Allan, along with Raphial Morgado gave a presentation to some students at San Jose State University. Raphial demonstrated his Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) engine and said a few words about the inventive process to those assembled. (PESWiki; April 13, 2009)
- Zero Point, Over Unity, Nikola Tesla and alternative energy technologies explored in this book launch video
- Zero Point, Over Unity, Nikola Tesla and alternative energy technologies have been muffled for years.
- Humanity is demanding change and NOW the alternative energy devices written about in this new (October 2008) book Breakthrough Power by Vancouver BC Author Jeane Manning and Portland Oregon Author Joel Garbon are the catalyst for social change.
- Wars over energy are artificially created. These wars will stop when you become consciously aware of the motives, and the abundance of non polluting, natural energy choices that are available to us in harmony with nature.
- 2009 is a huge year of Alternative Energy Change. Let's be sure the government keeps their promises for quick launch Alternative energy in 2009. Get and give this book to teachers, government officials, alternative media, grass roots movements and others, because change is needed and is happening.
- Google research: Nikola Tesla, Walter Russell, Viktor Schauberger, Universal Law, Jeane Manning, Joel Garbon, Martin Burger, John Hutchison, John Wong, New Energy Movement and Nassim Haramein to learn more about what is covered in this ground breaking book - Breakthrough Power. (Google Video; Nov. 15, 2008)
New Energy Congress Endorsement
From Nov. 10 through Dec. 10, 2008, the New Energy Congress ran a poll of its members to see if they would approve a motion to have the NEC officially endorse Breakthrough Power as the flagship public education tool for the new energy movement. Books were mailed out to members and advisors, and the motion was passed with a healthy margin.
Other NEC Reviews
Reviews by members and advisors of the New Energy Congress.
Robert Nelson wrote;
- "Breakthrough Bower is recommended reading that may serve as a wakeup call for many people who are weary (if not dead) of America's oil wars. This book exposes the hidden history of suppressed inventions that offer realistic hope of liberating mankind from the thrall of the Powers that Be --- the global corporations, et al., that extract obscene profits by draining the environment while obstructing the emergence of many proven super-efficient technologies that can meet our needs --- and help preserve Earth for posterity. Breakthrough Power offers suggestions, references and resources so readers can choose a sustainable future for us all."
Andrian Akau wrote;
- "Thank you for your letter. I really enjoyed reading "Breakthrough Power" and feel that sooner or later, there will be an energy breakthrough that will be commercialized and will change the rigid fossil fuel structure upon which we are presently forced to depend.
- Changing to new forms of energy is like catching a sting ray. It clings to the bottom so at first it feels like a stone but as the pressure on the line is maintained, it gradually begins to ascend."
Mark Dansie wrote;
- "I would also add my endorsement to your book having now read it. Although I may not agree with every opinion expressed it was impressive, well argued and very timely. Your historical and well documented accounts of technologies that have shown promise in the past and future.
- Given I am a sceptic by default, I still highly recommend this as a great read for everyone interested in Energy Technologies that often fall outside of conventional science.
- Well done.
- PS I was a former manager of a University Press."
Terry Sisson wrote;
- "The book is a fantastic read. Even after 30 years of energy research, as I read this book I am constantly find things I am unaware of that keeps me inspired to turn one page after another. This book approaches complex technologies from a different stance. This is a rare book that offers the layman an opportunity to understand and embrace cutting edge energy innovations. The authors spare the technical jargon to allow the reader to gain a glimpse of the inventors often shattered lives and their tenacious struggles to develop their incredible inventions. It also adequately exposes the deliberate suppression that assures these phenomenal devices are kept off the market and from improving our world. If change is truly desired by all, this book expresses how the release of an advanced energy technology offers the largest potential to free mankind and enrich the quality of the lives of everyone on the planet. It’s an idea whose time has come.
- The release of an advanced form of energy on the planet is like removing the cork from a bottle of the world’s best wine. The struggle is well worth the effort for at that precious moment our bodies are freed from all toil and tyranny as we taste something far more grand than words can describe … for we have just entered the Age of Splendor."
Why we, the people, must help 'free the energy revolution'
On Oct. 31, 2008, New Energy Congress member, Robert L Pritchett; Director of PESWiki wrote:
- "Alternative energy abundance is humankind’s birthright, according to scientists interviewed for Breakthrough Power. They point out the rich variety of clean energy inventions that the public usually doesn’t hear about. Yet these topics directly relate to both climate change and the world economy and humanitarian projects. For instance, when the human family realizes that oil wars and polluting nuclear power plants are unnecessary, tremendous financial resources can be freed for planetary cleanup, social justice and local prosperity. Just in time for gift-giving, this long-awaited book provides hope for the future -- along with realistic reasons why we, the people, must help 'free the energy revolution'. With compelling stories of brave innovators and their various breakthroughs that can replace coal and other polluting fuels, it makes the case for open-sourcing clean-energy inventions. The book explains how even non-techies can envision and therefore help manifest a higher civilization assisted by energy abundance. It’s an easy-to-read wealth of information and illustrative stories."
This book review was also published. (macCompanion; Dec, 1, 2008).
Response from Authors
Joel Garbon wrote Dec. 18, 2008;
- "Jeane Manning and I extend our appreciation and gratitude to NEC for endorsement of our new book "Breakthrough Power" as a primary education tool for the public, policymakers, media, and investment community. We feel honored that so many of you have taken the time to read, review, and comment upon our work, and are encouraged by the favorable responses. We feel strongly supported, and this fuels our drive to deliver the New Energy message to an ever-expanding circle of our brothers and sisters across the planet. We are grateful for the work that each of you do and for your dedication to our shared mission and goal of transforming our world to something happier, healthier, and more beautiful.
- One of our short-term goals is to get the book and Energy Innovation Act draft legislation into the hands of key members of Obama's transition team within the next few weeks. The New Energy Movement nonprofit is sponsoring this initiative, and is seeking tax-deductible donations to offset the cost of books and shipping. Amber Bridge Books, our publisher, is providing books a discount to NEM for this project. If you know anyone who thinks this is a worthy endeavor and is inclined to help, please have them visit the New Energy Movement website or call me directly at 503-706-6193.
- There are encouraging signs for 2009 being the year of breakthrough new energy. Will the floodgates open if just a single potent new technology successfully enters the public domain? Perhaps BlackLight Power? A Papp Engine variant? Sonofusion? I believe we are poised for a remarkable and hopeful shift. And I'm glad we are all collaborating to make it come about.
- Peace to each of you and your families."
List of Citations
- Events : Breakthrough Power / Best Exotic FE >
Abundant Clean Energy seminar in Portland, Oregon - On 11/11 in Forest Grove, OR, Joel Garbon, Jeane Manning, and Sterling D. Allan of the New Energy Congress will be speaking at Pacific University at a free lecture to inspire and inform the public about the coming breakthrough energy revolution. If you have family/friends in that area, send them along.
- Featured: Events >
2009 Jarboes Mill AEPC Energy Show n’ Tell Event - Come and see who and what shows up in Maryland May 30-31 this year. It's the second annual Woodstock of free and renewable energy. Covering both conventional and exotic clean energy technologies -- mainly the latter. Bring your own tin foil hat. (PESWiki; May 19, 2009)
- Top 100 / Featured: Events >
Event: Breakthrough Power - Embracing the New Energy Frontier - On March 30 through April 2, 2009 there will be several presentations, including to the Harvard Club of San Francisco by Breakthrough Power co-authors, Joel Garbon and Jeane Manning as well as Sterling Allan, Founder of the NEC which generates the Top 100 energy listing. (PESWiki)
- Breakthrough Power -- Book Launch - Book launch in October 9, 2008 in Vancouver, BC, featured authors Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon, as well as several individuals mentioned in the book, including Martin Burger, John Hutchison, John Wong, Nassim Haramein, and William Baumgartner. (Google Video, 1.21 hours; Nov. 15, 2008)
In the News
- Oil > Ecological Impact > Gulf Oil Disaster >
Productively directing our Deepwater Horizon anger - In response to the Gulf of Mexico predicament, Author Jeane Manning urges against depression, which is anger turned inward. She suggests that people direct their anger into propagating awareness of solutions to our addiction to oil. The book she coauthored, Breakthrough Power, is a good tool for that. (JeaneManning; May 1, 2010)
- Breakthrough Power - How quantum leap new energy inventions can transform our world - - Book Review - Miriam Knight wrote; "From gas-pump rage to enviro-outrage, dependence on dirty fuel frustrates people. It also bankrupts national economies. Jeane Manning and Joel Garbon's new book introduces a variety of game-changing alternatives ˆ and discusses how people can help bring such clean energy breakthroughs to the world. (New Consciousness News; Dec, 4, 2008)
- BREAKTHROUGH POWER - ... Jeane Manning's book 'The Coming Energy Revolution' was a classic for the past decade, and now Breakthrough Power – everyone’s guide to the ... (ZPEnergy.com; Sep 16, 2008)
- Breakthrough Power: A Tidal wave of Wisdom - (Phoenix Voyage)
- Jeane Manning Reviews Viable Alternative Technologies - ... Speaking at the New Energy Movement conference in Portland, Oregon, Sept. 25, 2004, Manning described several technologies of promise to ... (PESN; Sep 29, 2004)
Amber Bridge Books
101-1001 W. Broadway
Vancouver BC V6H4E4 Canada
604 - 733 -0305
- Directory:New Energy Movement
- Congress:Member:Joel Garbon