PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
- Update, September 2012: I called the Methernitha commune about coming for a visit, and learned that 1) the inventor passed away a couple of years ago, 2) no one at the commune is continuing with the technology, 3) they don't know who has knowledge about how the system works. They didn't seem interested in propagating it in any way. -- Sterling D. Allan
The Testatika is an electromagnetic/electrostatic generator based on the 1989 Pidgeon electrostatic machine which includes an inductance circuit, a capacitance circuit, and a thermionic rectification valve. Allegedly a free energy machine that harnesses energy from the aether, the Testatika resembles in some respects a Wimshurst machine. It was built by German engineer, Paul Suisse Baumann, and promoted by a Swiss religious community, the Methernithans. Baumann has claimed that the concepts for the machines came to him via visitors from outer space while he was in a Swiss jail during the 1970's on child abuse charges related to a religious cult that he had founded. The Testatika is also known as the Swiss M-L converter or Thesta-Distatica.
The machine's operation has been recorded for several decades, reportedly. Operating Testatika devices were recorded in the 1960s at a place called Methernitha (near Berne, Switzerland). The specific and precise working principles in the Testatika are unknown. From various sources, Testatika reportedly ultilizes design features of the electrostatic Pidgeon machine. The Testatika seems to possess an inductance circuit, a capacitance circuit, and a thermionic rectification valve. Devices heretofore seen have not used semiconductors or transistors. The entire circuit has been divided in two parts:
- An electrostatic generator; and,
- An auxiliary circuits (inductances, capacitances, and rectification)
- Testatika Machine Video - The Methernitha commune claims to have invented a machine that produces three to four kilowatts of DC continuously from the static electricity in the air, depending on its dryness. Sepp Hasslberger provides an English transcription for their video.
- Directory:Videos#Testatika Scroll down for Testatika
Methernithan's electrostatic generator
Back-Engineering the Swiss Methernitha group's Testatika, the Wimshurst machine comes to mind immediately. Of the electrostatic machines developed in the last few hundred of years, the 1898 Pidgeon machine is the closest electrical circuit that matches the Testatika. From the basic Pidgeon system, modifications are indicated to boost, stabilize, and fix charge polarities at certain spots in the machine. The Wommelsdorf multi-disc condenser machine also have facets applicable to the Testatika.
The 1898 Pidgeon machine setup (apparent from the position of the neutralizing rods and how the charges are accumulated; the fixed inductors are positioned in such a way that there is a increased induction effect) and charges parallel pads via air gaps. The Testatika has 50 'gitter-grilles' per disc. These steel grilles are an innovation incorporated into electrostatic machines. The principle is from previous investigation and patents of electrical circuits inwhich the sectors are corrugated. Such corrugated electrostatic sectors are more efficient charge carriers in comparison of flat sectors. The discs transceive charges from the rotating discs to the collectors (or "tasten" antennae keys). The perforated key pads replace the standard brushes or pointed rails of historic electrostatic machines. The collectors do not touch the discs, the charge passes through a parallel air gap from the metal gitter-grilles to the pads. The air gap is, during operation, exposed to miniature eddy-currents that circulate around the perforated surface. This process is refered to as variable capacitance electrostatic generation. Testatika, in contrast to the Pidgeon system, has an additional indirectly coupled collector at the front disc in the front top center.
The disks have a rotational speed of just 60 rpm (varying to 15 rpm). Each disk is in close proximity. The front clear perspex disc ('cloud' disc; positive charge) and the back dark disc ('ground' disc; negative charge) corresponds to the triboelectric series. The discs may also be doped with paramagnetic particles. Testatika's neutralising rods are placed so that the charges induced from one area and accumulated elsewhere. The neutralizing rods equalize and stabilize the charges of opposite signs. Testatika's neutralising rods give the machine correct distributed charge polarity at specific areas.
Swiss M-L auxiliary circuits
There has been many a dubious claims and misinformation that the particular service of radioactive materials is implemented to achieve its pulsed output. various experts on the machine are not in the opinion that is the case. The auxiliary electromagnetic circuit near the electrostatic generator it is believed to represent the circuit to achieve this.
The Testatika converts static energy into an electromotive force by means of its oscillation circuit and valve rectifiers. Electric current oscillations is controlled by coupling a thermionic rectifier valve, cylinders capacitors, and natural resistance. As the electromagnetic circuit oscillates, the oscillations are modulated through transformers and, ultimately, rectified into DC pulses. Hermann Plauson, the Estonian inventor, describes such methods to convert static power. Testatika's thermionic rectifying valve has an anode mesh-plate, a coiled copper grid, a glowing (heated) cathode wire running horizontally across its centre, and the associated wires.
The horseshoe magnet contain four blocks of plexiglass-type media (p) alternated with copper (c) and aluminium (a) plates (in the series, c-p-a-c-p-a). It is unknown if these are perforated. This phenomenon is related to variable capacitance generation and dielectric absorpsion. Two horseshoe magnets with metalised-perspex laminated blocks alternated with copper and aluminium plates form, what various sources call, "electron cascade generators". The electron cascade (or avalanche effect) is a chain reaction forming 'free electrons'. Insulated wire is also wound around the horseshoe magnets (which may also be in a bifilar configuration) for induction purposes.
Two outside cylinders (with up to 20 concentric layers of perforated sheet) are utilized and the connection of each separate secondary winding may be based on the "disruptive discharge coil" devised by Nikola Tesla. The cylinders, at the sides, act partially as capacitors. This concentric condenser configuration develops a pulse forming network. Each cylinder has a core of 6 hollow donut-ring anisotropic ferrite magnets with plastic spacers for air gaps to form a transformer, also. A central input rod (or tube) connects at the bottom to a stack of inter-linked pancake coils (wound with the secondary outside and the primary inside). One transformer is wired to output negative and the other transformer is wired to output positive polarity with respect to magnetic reluctance gaps. Each is connected from the pancake coil secondaries to a brass ring via a brass screw terminal. The use of aluminium shielding mesh and solid copper shielding sheets are used to minimize stray electrostatic charges.
Two chokes assemblies are in the upright double glass tubes possessing spirally turned aluminium strip (with electrostatic shields). The tubes are two-thirds the tower height. The glass tube are terminated at the top with right-angled brass rods connecting with the rectifier. The wooden base has alternate layering of perforated metal plates and insulating plates forming a storage capacitor.
Ken Shoulder's Input
On May 21, 2007, Adrian Akau wrote:
According to Ken Shoulder's work on charge-cluster technology, EV's (Electrum Validum from the Greek elektron for electronic charge and from the Latin valere meaning to have power, to be strong and having the ability to unite) or charges clusterd in bundles under low power conditions act completely different than electrons. Ken uses only a few microjoules yet he can produce charge-cluster holes of about 25,000 degrees C (photograph pg.222 of Turning the Corner). In the case of the Testakica, the holes in the disk may have a similar function to Ken's method which uses only one hole (Patent #5054046). The Testatika holes produce EV's but may be of a less concentrated nature and of a lower energy level than the ones produced by Ken (Turning The Corner: Energy Solutions for the Twenty-first Century by the Alternative Energy Institute, Inc. www.altenergy.org, Mark McLaughlin, Lead Writer/Researcher P.O. Box 483 Carnelian Bay CA 96140, phone 530-546-5612, pages 282, 283).
Ken discovered (1980) that electrons clustered into very dense structures resembling miniature ball lightning. They were packed as tightly as atoms in a solid and yet did not repel each other as expected under normal laws of repulsion. From his patent #5018180 "Energy Conversion Using High Charge Density", he said :
"An EV passing along a traveling wave device may be both absorbing and emitting electrons. In this way, the EV may be considered as being continually formed as it propagates. In any event, energy is provided to the traveling wave output conductor and the ultimate source of this energy appears to be the zero-point radiation of the vacuum continuum" (pages 223, 224 of Turning The Corner).
We know, according to Henry A. Rowland in the article below, that charged particles passing through a magnetic field effect the field. Any type of EV's may have an even greater effect.
What seems to be happening is that small amounts of energy are used to form EV's. Then the EV's act strongly on the magnetic field to produce a current. The energy in the current produced is apparently more than the amount needed to form the EV's so part of the energy is recylcled back to keep the system running (the motor coil running the disks is wound of thin wires which suggests a high voltage and low current). One might surmise that some of the energy in the formation of the EV's is converted from the "vacuum" itself. To some degree, this is evident since the Testakica continues its motion with no apparent source of power.
Operation and ultilization
According to various sources, the Testatika first oscillates and then rectifies generated power as an RLC circuit. The electrical oscillations are made by the generator components. The electrical oscillations (AC) are turned into continuous current (DC) by the rectification. Replicated devices were hand started and, then, powered directly from the device's generated electricity. By this description (and without further components), a Testatika would be a perpetual motion machine.
No scientific investigation of these claims have been reported. Supposedly, the community is conducting perpetual motion research. Claims over copying the machine and replicating its operations have not been verified. Some claim that attempts to copy the machine produced a non working result. A Testatika device was demonstrated to over 30 technicians and engineers shortly before August 4, 1999. Researchers skeptical about the Testatika, said by some to be a free energy source, have not been allowed to perform verifiable measurements of the device.
- "Note it is speculation. No data about the Testatica machine has ever been verified. The Methernita community does not allow anyone to investigate it or even see it."
Speculation via theoretical logical, deductive thought through contemplative and practical experience has led some to expound on how the device is built and operated. Certain construction elements belie the reliqance on some of the early main electronics development eras: the 1900s and the 1920s. The 1900s saw the rise of radio transmitters and receivers with Nikola Tesla's resonating circuits and oscillators. The 1920s current oscillations were advance to rectifier valves, capacitors, and resistors. Also in the 1920s, Hermann Plauson patented methods to convert static power into usable power via rotary influence machines.
- Plauson, Hermann, "Gewinnung und Verwertung der Atmospharischen Elektrizitat". 1920. (German)
- Grossner, Nathan R., "Transformers For Electronic Circuits". 1967.
- Eaton, William J., "The Testatika Free Energy Machine". June 2004.
- Aspden, Harold, "Swiss M-L converter -- It's Secret: Why it operates Over-Unity". June 2004.
- John Gray "Electrical Influence Machines". 1903. pg 206.
- Philosophical Magazine. Dec 1898. pp564.
- Zahn, M., et. al., "Self-Excited, Alternating, High-Voltage Generation Using A Modified Electrostatic Influence Machine". American Journal of Physics, Vol 42. 1974. pp289.
- V. E. Johnson, "Modern High Speed Influence Machines". 1921, pg 76.
External articles and references
- General websites
- Potter, Paul E., "Methernitha Back-Engineered". (Notes) [Available Zip file]
- "Testatika demonstration with over 30 engineers" (ed., translation by Stefan Hartmann and Hans Holzherr on 4th of August 1999.)
- Egel, Geoff, "The Swiss Swiss M-L converter or Thesta-Distatica". Encyclopedia of free energy.
- Bahlmann, Calvin, "Wimhurst - Thesta-distatica - Power wheel". Exotic research conference. Mesa, Arizona. July 26, 1998.
- de Queiroz, Antonio Carlos M., "Electrostatic Machines".
- Smith, Michael Barrie, "Testatika : Some of the Questions around how the Testatika may work".
- Beaty, Bill, "Static Electricity".
- Holzherr, Hans, "Testatika demonstration with over 30 engineers". August 4, 1999. (Stefan Hartmann; translation)
- Sven Bönisch, "Electrostatic Discharge Power Transformation – An Approach to Understand the Working of the 'Thestitika' Free energy Device". ELEKTRIE, No. 5-8, 2003, Berlin, ISSN 0013-5399 (PDF)
- David Tiberio, "Testatika Device".
- Felix Meyer, Energy for the future, "magnetic energy". May 2006.
- Paul Baumann: Testatika Generator". Rexresearch.com.
- "Testatika Experiments". Non-conventional Energy Experiments, rimstar.org.
- "Testatica". volnaenergie.xf.cz/navody/Testatika/Testatika.htm, 9.7.2002.
- "sarahtripp". 20 minute documentary Commissioned by Scottish Screen and Cornerhouse. This 20 minute digital video tells the story of the Testatika.
- Testatika Machine ML converter Paul Baumann Methernitha Group. Photographs of the testatika free energy machines.
- Builders, message boards, and groups
- "Testatika Group". Yahoo.com.
- The international free energy research forum > Mechanical setups > Methernitha Testatika machines and replications. Overunity.com (Discussion Boards/Videos)
- D. Steven, Non-conventional Energy Experiments "Testatika". Apr. 18, 2006
- D. Steven, Testatika Small Machine Testbed Aug. 25, 2005
- Related patents
- U.S. Patent 459678 (G.patent; PDF) -- J. W. Davis & J. B. Farrington -- "Electric Motor"
- U.S. Patent 1119732 (G.patent; PDF) -- Nikola Tesla -- "Apparatus for Transmitting Electrical Energy"
- U.S. Patent 1415779 (G.patent; PDF) -- William Spencer Bowen -- "Electrostatic Generator"
- U.S. Patent 1540998 (G.patent; PDF) -- Hermann Plauson -- "Conversion of Atmospheric Electric Energy"
- U.S. Patent 1974483 (G.patent; PDF) -- Thomas Townsend Brown -- "Electrostatic motor"
- U.S. Patent 2522106 (G.patent; PDF) -- Noel Felici -- "Electrostatic Machine"
- U.S. Patent 3094653 (G.patent; PDF) -- Dan B. Le May, et al. -- "Electrostatic Generator"
- U.S. Patent 3187206 (G.patent; PDF) -- Thomas Townsend Brown -- "Electromagnetic apparatus"
- U.S. Patent 3187208 (G.patent; PDF) -- Robert J. Van de Graaff -- "High voltage electromagnetic apparatus having an insulating magnetic core"
- U.S. Patent 3239705 (G.patent; PDF) -- R. J. Kavanaugh -- "Electric rotating machine"
- U.S. Patent 3323069 (G.patent; PDF) -- Robert J. Van de Graaff -- "High Voltage Electromagnetic Charged-Particle Accelerator Apparatus Having an Insulating Magnetic Core"
- U.S. Patent 3411027 (G.patent; PDF) -- N. Rosenberg -- "Permanent magnet excited electric machine"
- U.S. Patent 4391773 (G.patent; PDF) -- Patrick Flanagan -- "Method of Purifying Air and Negative Field Generator"
- U.S. Patent 4622510 (G.patent; PDF) -- Ferdinand Cap -- "Parametric Electric Machine"
- U.S. Patent 4743275 (G.patent; PDF) -- Patrick Flanagan -- " Electron field generator"
- U.S. Patent 4897592 (G.patent; PDF) -- William W. Hyde -- "Electrostatic Energy Field Power Generating System"
See Discussion page
- Testatica - index at FreeEnergyNews.com
- Directory:Atmospheric Electrostatic Energy