PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- For a listing of sites, see Directory:Magnetic Motors:Howard Johnson
Howard Robert Johnson was born in 1919 in Pound, Virginia, USA, and died Jan. 2, 2008 in Blacksburg, VA. He is the researcher and inventor of an all magnet motor, which modern physics deigns impossible. The devices is claimed to generate motion, either rotary or linear, from nothing but permanent magnets in rotor as well as stator, acting against each other. In his inventions (called a "Permanent Magnet Motor"), a permanent magnet armature is magnetically propelled along a guided path by interaction with the field within a flux zone limited on either side of the path by an arrangement of permanent stator magnets.
The unofficial "father of spintronics," pioneer researcher Howard Johnson began investigating magnetism in 1942 as a graduate student at Vanderbilt University, studying Bohr's work on the electron.
Permanent magnet motor
The permanent magnet motor was conceived by Howard Johnson sometime after the 1940s. Alledgedly it is a design for a perpetual motion machine. Reportedly, the device is designed on the principle that a constant imbalance of the magnetic forces between the rotor and the stator is created. He received U.S. Patent 4151431 (G.patent; PDF) on April 24, 1979. The United States Patent office main classification of his 4151431 patent is as a "electrical generator or motor structure, dynamoelectric, linear" (310/12).
Johnson's invention is directed to the method of utilizing the unpaired electron spins in ferro magnetic and other materials as a source of magnetic fields for producing power without any electron flow as occurs in normal conductors, and to permanent magnet motors for utilizing this method to produce a power source. In the practice of the invention the unpaired electron spins occurring within permanent magnets are utilized to produce a motive power source solely through the superconducting characteristics of a permanent magnet and the magnetic flux created by the magnets are controlled and concentrated to orient the magnetic forces generated in such a manner to do useful continuous work, such as the displacement of a rotor with respect to a stator. The mechanism's timing and orientation of magnetic forces at the rotor and stator components produced by permanent magnets to produce a motor is accomplished with the proper geometrical relationship of these components.
His magnetic propulsion system includes a plurality of specifically arranged permanent magnets and a magnetic vehicle propelled thereby along a path defined by the permanent magnets. The magnetic vehicle which is to be propelled includes a rigidly attached armature comprising several curved magnets. The propulsion system further includes two parallel walls of permanent magnets arranged so as to define the lateral sides of a vehicle path. Preferably, the walls are identical to one another except that the polarities of the magnets which define one wall are opposite from the polarities of the corresponding magnets in the opposite wall. A first wall, for example, includes a series of generally rectangular magnets, each magnet arranged with a North-to-South axis pointing longitudinally down the wall in the intended direction of vehicle travel. Each of the rectangular magnets is separated from the next successive rectangular magnet by a thinner magnet, which thinner magnet is arranged with its North-to-South axis pointing laterally toward the opposite wall and therefore perpendicular with respect to the North-to-South axis of the rectangular magnets. The opposite (or second) wall includes the same general arrangement of magnets, except that the North-to-South axis for each of the generally rectangular magnets is in a direction opposite from the direction of vehicle travel and the North-to-South axis of the thinner magnets points away from the first wall. In addition, the propulsion system includes several spin accelerators.
- Featured / OS: Magnet Motors >
MYLOW's Magnetic Motor based on Howard Johnson's Design - YouTube user "Mylow" of Chicago has apparently successfully replicated and is now open sourcing the late Howard Johnson's all-magnet motor, Stonehenge model, that Johnson worked on in the early 1980s to demonstrate to the U.S. Patent Office. (PESWiki; March 18, 2009) [MAY 29 UPDATE: Shown to be a HOAX.]
- ">Magnets > Magnet Motors > Howard Johnson
'"Discovering Magnetism'" - Video by Howard Johnson demonstrates a number of his unique magnetic gates, which accelerate cars on tracks using the little-known ability of magnets to fire bursts of energy like guns. These forces can be up to a thousand times more powerful than the base magnet strength. (Cheniere.org store)
- Featured: Videos >
Energy from the Vacuum series - Parts 1-9, now available, feature Tom Bearden as well as John Bedini, Walter Rosenthal, Deborah Chung, Howard Johnson, Peter Lindemann, Daniel Sheehan, Sparky Sweet, and T Henry Moray. "Even a tiny efficiency of tapping [space energy] could and will extract all the energy anyone could wish." (PESWiki; March 15, 2009)
- Magnets > Magnet Motors > Howard Johnson
The Secret World of Magnets - In this 1970 book, Howard Johnson claims that a magnet can fire an energy burst several hundred times stronger than its base strength, again and again…that similar magnetic poles often attract, not repel…or that the patterns of iron filings around a magnet bear little resemblance to the force fields, which are actually spinning vortices. (Cheniere.org store)
- Howard Robert Johnson
- U.S. Patent 4151431 (G.patent; PDF) "Permanent magnet motor". April 24, 1979. (referenced in patents since 1976: 20)
- U.S. Patent 4877983 (G.patent; PDF) "Magnetic force generating method and apparatus". Oct. 31, 1989.(referenced in patents since 1976: 7)
- U.S. Patent 5402021 (G.patent; PDF) "Magnetic propulsion system". March 28, 1995. (referenced in patents since 1976: 12)
- U.S. Patent 4074153 (G.patent; PDF) "Magnetic propulsion device", Baker, et al. February 14, 1978.
- U.S. Patent 4215330 (G.patent; PDF) "Permanent magnet propulsion system", Hartman. July 29, 1980.
External articles and references
- Johnson's motor
- Howard Johnson Motor Report #203 - 65-page report by Tom Valone includes scientific descriptions with articles and patents, including the only available copy of a Virginia Polytechnic professor's report on the motor and the importance of the unique shape of the arc magnets, Science and Invention article, analysis of the 1979 patented magnetic motor. (Integrity Research Institute store)
- The Howard Johnson's permanent magnetic motor, JLN Labs, 01-02-01.
- "The Johnson Permanent Magnetic Motor Simulation". JLN Labs, 02-01-01.
- "Howard Johnson: Magnet Motor". rexresearch.com.
- Welcome to FREE ENERGY, New England Webmasters. (ed., The information presented here is 100% copyright free.)
- Journals, papers, books and DVD
- Howard Johnson, "Energy From The Vacuum part 4 - Magnetic Exchange Forces Pioneer" (2008) "Buy EFTV4" (DVD, Cheniere Media)
- Howard Johnson, "Discovering Magnetism" (1970) 2nd edition re-title "The Secret World of Magnets" (2006) - sample pages
- "Discovering Magnetism - with Howard Johnson, Dr. Gerhard Beyer, and Steve Davis" (DVD, Cheniere Media)
- T.E. Bearden, "On Rotary Permanent Magnet Motors and 'Free' Energy". Raum & Zeit, 1(3): 43-53 (Aug.-Sep. 1989).
- T.E. Bearden, "Chasing the Wild Dragon: Foundations of a New Science". November 12, 1995.
- Other websites
- "Magnet Motors; Motors in which magnets are the only motive force. No validated documentation yet obtained of a system in which magnets do not degauss". PES Network Inc.
- "Permanent Magnetic Motors/Generators". JLN Labs, 04-05-01.
- Magnet Motors - index of claims to working magnet motors, as well as theories and skeptics. (FreeEnergyNews.com)
- Perendev Power Developments Pty (Ltd) - Has claimed a working unit for several years; claims to be preparing for market readiness. Video of motor available. (PESWiki)
- Howard Johnson Magnetic Motor. FreeEnergyNews.com, 2005.
- http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/hj_motor/ - Howard Johnson Magnetic Motor Projects; mailinglist by peswiki
- Directory:Magnetic Motors:Howard Johnson
- Obituaries:Howard Johnson
MAGNET MOTORS FOOTER
- Directory:Magnet Motors
- News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:All-Magnet Motors:Theory
- PowerPedia:Magnetic motor - encyclopedic entry
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
LEADING (including legendary status)
- Directory:Muammer Yildiz Magnet Motor
- Directory:Michael MacInnes' Magnet Motor
- Directory:Perendev Power Developments Pty (Ltd)
- Directory:Torian Magnet Motor
- Directory:Magnetic Motors:Howard Johnson
- OS:Magnetic Motors:HJ
- PowerPedia:Howard Johnson
- Directory:Steorn Free Energy
- Directory:Shinyeon_Energy Research Center
- Directory:Disturbed Self-Compensating Symmetry (Terawatt Research)
- Directory: Mechanical Opener for V-Gate Magnet Motor