PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory of Political Action Committees and related resources.
Political Action Committee
Community-Built 'Free Energy' PAC Project Site Sponsored by PES Network, Inc.
If you don't find what you're looking for here, you can add it!
In the United States, a political action committee (or PAC) is the name commonly given to a private organized groups. The intent of the PES PAC is to urge a shift in legislation to protect the emergence and remove the suppression of new energy technologies, including such things (when scientifically validated) as magnetic motors, cold fusion, zero point energy solid state devices, and super-carburetors. PAC help elect or defeat government officials in order to promote legislation, often supporting the group's special interests. Federal PACs are limited in the amount of money that they can contribute to other organizations:
- at most $5,000 per candidate per election. Elections such as primaries, general elections and special elections are counted separately.
- at most $15,000 per political party per year.
- at most $5,000 per PAC per year.
However, PACs are not limited to advertising spent on the support of their own issues.
Lobbying in the United States targets the United States Senate, the United States House of Representatives, and state legislatures. They may also represent their clients' or organizations' interests in dealings with federal, state, or local executive branch agencies or the courts. Lobby groups and their members sometimes also write legislation and whip bills. The ability of individuals, groups, and corporations to lobby the government is protected by the right to petition in the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.online associate degree
- Corresponds to: http://www.pureenergysystems.com/pac/
Running for Office
- Featured: PAC / HHO Games >
HHO Games founder, Joe Shea running for U.S. Congress - One of our own is running for Congress in the 13th District in Florida - where HHO's most important pioneers have lived and worked for decades. "I hope to get important funding for our industry and wider recognition of its benefits to the American driver." (PESN; March 16, 2014)
- World First? Australia Switches Off Incandescent Bulbs - The Australian Environment minister announced that incandescent light bulbs will be banned by legislation in about 2009-10, claiming it as a world first, though California recently suggested a similar move. The minister reckons it should save 4 million tonnes of CO2 emissions by 2015, by replacing them with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs). (TreeHugger; Feb. 20, 2007)
- Climate Summit Emphasizes Profitability of Going Green - Mayors from around the U.S. meet to learn more about problem of climate change and to be armed with solutions that they can implement on the most local level of government. (PESN; July 13, 2005)
- Seven Governors Urge President to Lead on Energy (pdf) - Governors’ open letter urges energy independence within a decade. Letter comes at crucial moment in passage of energy bill. (Apollo Alliance; July 15, 2005)
Action Needed to Oppose Suppression Forces
- Featured: PAC > U.S. Govt. and Energy > Conspiracy > Suppression >
PESWiki Protested SOPA: Imagine a World Without Free Knowledge about Free Energy - For almost a decade, we have spent thousands of hours building the largest news and directory service in human history featuring breakthrough clean energy technologies. Right now, the U.S. Congress is considering legislation that could fatally damage the free and open Internet. For 24 hours, to raise awareness, we blacked out the home page at PESWiki. (PESWiki; January 19, 2012)
- Best Exotic FE: PAC > U.S. Govt / Nuclear > Cold Fusion > Rossi >
Petition to Obama Administration to test E-Cat - Sign the petition to the WhiteHouse to investigate the usefulness of Andrea Rossi's Energy Catalyzer. The petition urges the U.S. government to purchase a 1 MW unit and test it. "The economic benefit of the advent of cheap clean energy is obvious." Need 25,000 signatures by Dec. 13 to generate a response. (WhiteHouse.gov; November 13, 2011)
- U.S. Govt. and Energy > Oil > Subsidies >
Tell U.S. Congress: End oil subsidies - As Americans continue to struggle with outrageous, unstable gas prices, oil companies continue to benefit from them, continuing to rake in huge profits. Why does the U.S. Govt. still rewards them with $4 billion/year with tax credits and subsidies. (CredoAction; April, 2011)
- Feature: Grid / EMP / U.S._Govt. and_Energy >
Remedies for Grid Vulnerabilities to Solar Flares - If a blast like the Carrington Event of 1859 occurred again, we could see 100 million people out of electricity for a couple years. However, installing 'surge protection' for the power grid would not be that expensive or difficult – especially when contrasted with the expense of unprotected components failing. A call to action. (PESWiki; July 16, 2010)
- Oppose Suppression Forces > Polls / Suppression >
End Suppression of New Energy Inventions - NEC member, Gary Vesperman, has posted a petition calling for the U.S. Government to end its decades long suppression of new energy inventions. The U.S. Patent Office should declassify 5000 energy patents and review them for possible support by the Department of Energy. (Change.org; March 29, 2010)
- Oil Barons Dominate the Emerging North American Union - Traditional combustion-energy paradigm is over-represented at secret high-level negotiations under North American Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP). Scheduled to begin to exercise power authority by 2007, it is likely to be resistant to clean energy trends. (PESN; Sept. 29, 2006)
- Bush Administration Spent $1.6 Billion to Spin the News - How much is good press worth? To the Bush administration, about $1.6 billion. That's how much seven federal departments spent from 2003 through the second quarter of 2005 on 343 contracts with public relations firms, advertising agencies, media organizations and individuals. (Washington Post; Feb. 14, 2006)
New Energy Movement Legislation
- U.S. Senator Takes Second Look at Breakthrough New Energy Legislation - Roundtable addresses why the United States government is so slow to facilitate extreme leading edge technologies, and how that tendency could be changed for the better through visionary leadership. (PESN; June 4, 2008)
- Promoting New Energy in D.C. - New Energy Movement vice president, Steve Kaplan, recently returned from spending a month and a half briefing various Congressional offices regarding new energy technologies and promoting legislation that would support new energy. (PESN; Feb. 25, 2007)
Not necessarily ideal as much as reporting trends.
Guiding Principle: You can't legislate technology into existence. Government's role should be to protect and encourage, not to create.
- Proposition 7 Renewable Energy Generation - Initiative Statute - California - Requires utilities, including government-owned utilities, to generate 20% of their power from renewable energy by 2010, a standard currently applicable only to private electrical corporations. Raises requirement for utilities to 40% by 2020 and 50% by 2025. Imposes penalties, subject to waiver, for noncompliance. (California General Election; Oct 20, 2008)
- Featured: PAC >
U.S. Senate Passes Energy Bill - A much contested energy bill that would offer the Solar Industry a major boost is closer to being passed into law now that the Senate has made some concessions. H.R. 6049 calls for approximately $18 billion of tax incentives for investment in renewable energy, carbon capture and sequestration demonstration projects, energy efficiency and conservation. (PESWiki; Sept. 25, 2008)
- Support H.R.6 Today -- U.S. Clean Energy Act of 2007 - One of the top agenda items of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is to cut Big Oil tax breaks and recover billions in unpaid royalties -- money that the industry owes the federal government for drilling on our public lands. These funds will be invested in efficiency and renewable energy. A vote is scheduled to take place Thurs., Jan. 18. (Defenders of Wildlife; Jan. 17, 2007)
- US House proposes $100 million hydrogen prize - In spirit of X-prize. Smaller awards of up to $1 million would be distributed every other year to inventions in four categories: hydrogen production, storage, distribution, and utilization. (CNet; Apr. 27, 2006)
- New energy law offers complex set of tax breaks - It's not always easy to figure out how much of a tax break you might receive. And if you wait too long, you might not get anything. (ZPEnergy; Aug. 21, 2005)
- Major Provisions in US Energy Bill - Review of the bill passed last Friday. (Reuters; August 1, 2005) (See Energy Policy Act)
- US Senate Energy Bill Strong on Renewable Energy - Energy bill version passed Tuesday contains many helpful policy items for renewable energy technologies, including the first-ever national renewable energy requirement on utilities and the first-ever federal policy to foster ocean and tidal energy technologies. (Renewable Energy Access; June 30, 2005)
- Renewable energy law in pipeline - Chinese law would require power companies to buy electricity generated by renewable energy sources. End users would share the costs. (Xinhua, China - Oct. 22, 2004)
- Renewable Energy Tariffs in Germany - Germany's EEG (Erneuerbare Energien Gesetz) establishes right of renewable power generators to connect to the grid. Article enumerates various ways Germany is leading world in renewable energy. (SolarAccess; Aug. 24, 2004)
- Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engines to Provide Alternative to Gasoline - Clean Energy, Inc. has licensed a turnkey hydrogen delivery system for existing internal combustion engines by an innovative hydrogen injector system. Compressed hydrogen stored onboard. (Fuel Cell Works; Aug. 23)
- Will Coloradans Choose Renewable? - Groundbreaking ballot initiative will be U.S.' first statewide vote on renewable energy and would require the state’s major utility companies to obtain 10% of their energy from renewable sources such as wind, solar, biomass, geothermal, and hydroelectric power by 2015. (Common Dreams; Aug. 11) [Comment: government quotas are inferior to free market performance]
- Indiana Congressman Cosponsors Biodiesel Tax Incentive Bill (2003)
- Bill Supports Fuel Cell Cars - would provide tax incentives to consumers who purchase vehicles powered by fuel cells or other alternative or advanced fuel technology. (Salt Lake Tribune; March 7, 2003)
- Hydrogen Car Legislation - In Feb., 2003, US lawmakers Sen. Ron Wyden and Rep. Chris Cox pushed for the development of hydrogen cars with proposed legislation that would put hydrogen cars on the road in 10 years and also reduce US foreign oil dependency by 30 million barrels a year.
Energy PAC Organizations
- Featured: Videos > Wind / PAC >
Pickens Plan Video Contest - Former oilman, Billionaire T. Boone Pickens, invites you to 1) sign a petition telling Senator Obama and Senator McCain to adopt the Pickens Plan to break our oil addiction, 2) come up with a < 60 sec energy ad to push the candidates to endorse the Plan. Deadline: Oct. 25. (PESWiki; Oct 22, 2008)
- Promote New Energy Solutions in Your State - The Apollo Alliance has produced a groundbreaking new report of proven state-based solutions to break America's dependence on foreign energy sources and create millions of new American jobs. Please share these clean energy solutions with your Governor today, and urge him or her to make these solutions realities in your state.life experience mba degree
- 2020 Institute (org) - Promoting public policy objective of energy self-sufficiency for the U.S. by the year 2020. Think-tank dialogue aimed to plan and implement a feasible, economical, and sustainable energy policy.life experience diploma
- Ocean Renewable - Washington, D.C.-based ocean energy lobbying group, emphasized the need for legislative and regulatory reforms to support the development of ocean renewable technologies.life experience phd degree
- Petition to U.S. Congress for Better Energy Bill - Makes it easy to: "Write your member of Congress and tell them to go back to the drawing board and send us bold solutions that address the looming energy crisis posed by our big oil addiction." (OurFuture.org; July 2005)
- Peace Army - Includes mission to promote sustainable energy solutions.
- Vote Solar Initiative - The Vote Solar Initiative is a non-profit organization with the mission of stopping global warming and increasing energy independence by bringing solar energy into the mainstream.
Environmental Action Organizations
- Green Action - Mobilizes community power to win victories that change government and corporate policies and practices to protect health and to promote environmental justice.life experience associate degree
- COOP America: Economic Action for a Just Planet - Non-profit group's mission is to harness economic power -- the strength of consumers, investors, and businesses -- to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
- The Citizen Power Alliance - is a coalition of independent groups organized to promote sound energy and environmental policy.
- Clean Energy Goes to College - A new wave of activism is sweeping college campuses. Student groups are coordinating efforts to reduce fossil-fuel dependency by pushing for more renewable alternatives, and putting forth specific goals for their colleges. (emagazine; July/Aug. 2004)
- It's Time for Some Campaignin'! - A little biting humor never hurt anyone - much. Promises, promises, promises. The US Voting machine at work.
Off Topic (OT)
- The Health Revolution Petition - Petition drive is the friend of those who take preventative health seriously, calling for an end of FDA tyranny and oppression of natural product companies, an end to the persecution of alternative medicine and healing arts practitioners, an end Big Pharma's bribery of doctors.... (Health Revolution Petition; Feb. 24, 2009)
Related sites and external articles
- SustainLane Government - Advancing Cross-Sector Sustainable Development for State and Local Government. Open-source knowledge base covers climate change, energy efficiency, green building, water and waste management. Articles include top ten alternative fueled City Fleets and top five US cities for CleanTech. (Thanks Abendigo Reebs)
- Activist > Energy Action Center (US) - to promote awareness of energy efficiency issues and events, while providing the necessary tools and tips for the public to communicate with their policymakers.
- Activist > Alliance for Energy and Economic Growth(US) - Broad coalition of energy consumers and producers from every state in support of a balanced national energy plan.
- Nova Southeastern University: Lobbying Links
- Public Private Dialogue A resource for practitioners wishing to promote policy reforms through dialogue (sponsored by World Bank, IFC, OCED, DFID, GTZ)
- Lobbying in the United States
- LobbyWatch, a project of The Center for Public Integrity
- Marlowe & Company, the premier provider of lobbying services for government entities
- Sourcewatch-- Wiki to collect information about lobbyism, formerly Disinfopedia
- U.S. Senate Office of Public Records -searchable database of registered lobbyists
- LobbyingInfo.org -- A Public Citizen project, including their July 2005 report in PDF format
- FundRace 2004
- Carmen Group-- Lobbyist site with huge collection of links, information
- A case study about lobbying concerning the U.S. steel tariffs in 2002-2003
- Yahoo Business Lobbyist Listing
- Courtroom - The purpose of this "courtroom" feature is not to be a legally-binding entity, but rather a means of providing fair representation in the non-formal courtroom of public debate, to hopefully provide out-of-court resolution to problems that might arise within the alternative energy community.
- Friends in Government - A listing of major movements by governments that are likely to be friendly with cutting edge alternative energy technology.
- Legal - index page