PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
OS:LaFonte Perpendicular Magnetics Motor
For several years, Butch LaFonte and his group have been developing a technology based on a 50-year old technology used in sheet metal separation. It's based on orthoganol magnetic fields doing work, which LaFonte thinks could be harnessed for useful work.
The idea is based on a phenomenon in which a U-shaped core with a coil around the bottom of the U, with an inert rod across the opening, with ferrite washers on it, will cause the washers to space themselves evenly when the coil is energized.
- "Repulsion between rotor elements is perpendicular to magnetic field flow and this allows reluctance to remain constant in the stator core." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
Could that linear expansion be harnessed for power? (e.g. in a progressive piston array) Might it have enough OU to become a prime mover? LaFonte seems to think so.
LaFonte now offers to open source what he has come up with thus far, being far enough along to begin some serious building and testing and possibly start coming up with some useful output designs.
- "With my testing equipment I showed no counter emf in circuit when elements seperated or returned to unseperated position. Other researchers have reported the same results. I was hoping that through open sourcing more verification could be done." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
Right here. Butch LaFonte approached PES Network about hosting this open source project of his design.
Other Presentations of the Material
Q. Do you have photos/videos of prototypes?
- "Yes, a few, most testing was done before I had a video camera, but I do have a video of basic concept and have done extensive testing of cogging cancellation system for the permanent magnet version and documented it with video." -- Butch LaFonte
The following videos are artist concept presentations.
Animations of Washers Separating in Orthogonal Field
(.07 Minutes) Free Energy Magnet Motor 1
- The basic principle (YouTube; July 08, 2008)
_ _ _ _
(.06 Minutes) Free Energy Magnet Motor 4
- (YouTube; July 12, 2008
_ _ _ _
(.06 Minutes) Free Energy Magnet Motor 5
- The basic principle(YouTube; July 12, 2008)
Animation of Rotating Washers Separate in Orthoganal Field
(.07 Minutes) Free Energy Magnet Motor 2
- Operates on Perpendicular Magnetics Technology from the LaFonte Group (YouTube; July 8, 2008)
Animations of Possible Motor Application
Single piston system
Animation by Kevn Lambson, PES Network, July 29, 2008.
- CORRECTIONS: In the above animation, the wiring on the generator core (top portion of animation) needs to be wrapped horizontally rather than vertical, according to LaFonte. It would not produce a voltage as it is wrapped now. Also, the magnet needs to be the same length of the core and it needs to leave the core out the bottom completely and then move into the core and line up with it even at top and bottom. This is the only way it would work as a efficient generator.
- - - -
(.07 Minutes) Free Energy Magnet Motor 3
- Operates on Perpendicular Magnetics Technology from the LaFonte Group. (YouTube; July 12, 2008)
Perpendicular Magnetics Operating Principle
"When I was a teenager I worked Saturdays in my dad’s warehouse loading sheet steel on trucks. They were 4' by 8' and we had to pull the sheets off a stack six inches thick. To separate them so we could get our hands under the sheet we used large magnets called fanner magnets. When put on the side of the stack it separated the sheets. I remembered that and when I started this overunity research it was the fanner that first came to mind. I noticed that the electromagnet version experienced no counter EMF during the washer expansion or collapse. I drew overunity designs (5 or more) and ran tests and posted to the old Free Energy List and later to JLN Labs. I also have sent my collection of designs to countless people world wide over the years with the designs in the collection. They are also in my archives on the web.
To test this you can take mild steel washers (the kind that does not stay magnetized when magnet is removed) and place them on a vertical wood dowel. Now place a magnet on each side of the washers with the north pole of one facing the south pole of the other. Have a horse shoe shaped flat bar connecting the outer poles of each magnet so that you have a self made horse shoe magnet.
Now move the open air gap between the inner poles so that the washers will be between the two faces of the magnets.
Notice that the washers separate from each other. This is because the magnetic path through each washer has the same orientation and they repel each other. Now notice that the work needed to remove the horse shoe is equal when the washers are together and touching each other or when they are separated. This means that the work available from the separating of the washers is free because the washers separate at a 90 degree angle to the magnetic field or flux flow direction. After testing I posted a series of drawings years ago.
I have posted to my web page new variations based on this principle that include a new rotary version using this principle which makes use also of the conservation of angular momentum as part of it's operation. As you know when a mass is rotating in a circle and work is done to make the mass move toward the center axis of rotation the speed of the mass will attempt to increase and the work done on the mass shows up as an increase in the speed and kinetic energy of the rotating mass.
This is done in my design with out having to put additional work into the system.
This should open up a whole new field in overunity permanent magnet and/or electromagnet research and development.
The LaFonte Group
Q. What are some of the dangers/cautions/warnings that should accompany the project?
- A. 'NIB magnets can be very dangerious to work with. Also, as with all machinery, caution should be taken to prevent injury. Electrical shock potential should always be consitered." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
Q. Do you have a materials list? sourcing list?
- "No, not at this time. Among other materials, laminated electrical steel would be ideal, but has been outside my budget." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
Q. How many devices will you be featuring at the start? just one? two? more?
- A. "Four, linear motor version, rotary version, angular momentum based version, solenoid version, but configurations and applications seem endless." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
Q. How many others have replicated the effect so far?
- A. "Yes, one that I know of, but has asked to remain anonymous due to fear of action from big oil against himself and family." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
Q. How far away do you think you are from having the information available to compile into a well-formatted, complete plans document, that could be downloaded via clickbank for a fee, resulting in a practical device when constructed?
- A. "One month with assistance through open sourcing." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
- "Any application that now uses an electric motor could utalize this technology in time. This device can also be used as a replacement for most existing prime movers of any type." -- Butch LaFonte (July 22, 2008)
There is apparently a patent filed some time ago on this concept.
- "There is a sheet metal seperator that has been on the market for over fifty years, but it is not a motor or generator. It was the inspiration for my design nine years ago." -- Butch LaFonte
In the News
See Discussion page
- Metal Sheet Katcher - Fanner - Magnetic Sheet Fanners cut costs on any job where stacked steel sheets are handled in production. Magnetically separating the top sheets - even oily ones - increases press output by eliminating the prying and fumbling associated with handling stacked material.
MAGNET MOTORS FOOTER
- Directory:Magnet Motors
- News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:All-Magnet Motors:Theory
- PowerPedia:Magnetic motor - encyclopedic entry
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
LEADING (including legendary status)
- Directory:Muammer Yildiz Magnet Motor
- Directory:Michael MacInnes' Magnet Motor
- Directory:Perendev Power Developments Pty (Ltd)
- Directory:Torian Magnet Motor
- Directory:Magnetic Motors:Howard Johnson
- Directory:Steorn Free Energy
- Directory:Shinyeon_Energy Research Center
- Directory:Disturbed Self-Compensating Symmetry (Terawatt Research)
- Directory: Mechanical Opener for V-Gate Magnet Motor