PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
OS:Heat Source Unit Nuclear Reactor
Heat Source Unit Nuclear Reactor
This project is open design research project.
This project home is moved to: http://code.google.com/p/hsunr/
Design goals of HSUNR
- Provide simple heat source from nuclear reactor.
- The output can hookup to conventional steam-electric generation system.
- Maximumly limit the radiation.
2 ways to remove heat from the nuclear unit:
- by convection, about 50 MW can be removed this way, through boiling heat transfer.
- by heat radiation. The internal surface temperature is 3000k. About 5 MW. Through heating steam.