PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
News:Real-Time Updates on the October 6, 2011 E-Cat Test
For Current News on the E-Cat, see News:Rossi Cold Fusion
The following page is archived info.
PESN ARTICLE POSTED - E-Cat Test Validates Cold Fusion Despite Challenges.
(October 7, 2011)
by Hank Mills
Pure Energy Systems News
Page commenced October 5, 2011
On October 6th of 2011, a very important test of Andrea Rossi's E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) will take place in the city of Bologna, Italy. Attending the test will be invited scientists from around the world, including staff from the University of Bologna.
This test may be the most important so far, due to the fact many of the issues that remain unresolved in previous tests, will potentially be resolved. For example, one issue that remained unresolved in tests earlier this year was the issue of steam quality. In this test, the quality of steam will not be an issue. This is because the output of the E-Cat will be a closed circuit, in that the water will be turned into steam, allowed to heat a second flow of water through a heat exchanger, be recycled, and then used again. By removing this issue, the most controversial subject of debate will be eliminated.
Additional issues are also expected to be resolved by this test.
- The E-Cat module will be taken apart (except for the reactor core) so the components can be measured and weighed.
- The test will last for 12 hours or longer.
- The E-Cat module will be allowed to operate in self sustain mode -- with no input power -- for an extended period of time.
- Better measurement and data acquisition techniques will be utilized.
For the next few days, all news and information about the test will be posted below, in as close to real time as possible. Please share and spread the link to this webpage, as we plan to be providing top notch coverage of this pivotal test of the E-Cat.
(BTW, I will be around to answer questions in the comment section.)
October 6, 2011 Summary
Hank Mills writes:
So far, it seems that the test of the E-Cat went well. Around thirty scientists and engineers from around the world showed up. Among these individuals were Christos Stremmenos, who is on the board of directors of Defkalion. In addition, professors Levi and Ferrari from the University of Bologna were present at the test. Dr. Focardi also attended the test. Media representatives from NyTecnic, Radio 24, and Focus.it documented the test. They took many photos and videos that will be posted in the coming days.
On the technical side of things, it seems the E-Cat performed well. We do not have final numbers for energy in and out, but we have been told the E-Cat self sustained for four hours with no input. We were told the E-Cat itself got incredibly hot (so hot those present could not touch it), the heat exchanger worked well, a steam temperature of 110 C was recorded inside of the E-Cat, and the energy output was so much larger than the input, that there was no need to extend the length test.
What is very important is that no one has indicated the test was a failure, the results were bad, or that there was a major technical problem. From all reports, this test was a success. Of course we will have to wait until tomorrow for all of the information to be posted online, before we form a final conclusion.
If this test was as successful as it seems, this could be the dawning of a new age. Perhaps in the next few days the results of this test will wake up the dumbstream media from their slumber, and force them to admit to the world that cold fusion is a reality.
Keep checking here over the next few days for the latest news and information about the test! There is a flood of information that should be arriving over the next few days, and you can get all of the updates on this page!
Updates and News Regarding October 6 Test
(See also the Comments section at the bottom of the page. Feel free to post updates there.)
See also News:Rossi Cold Fusion - separate page covering all things E-Cat and Rossi since January, 2011.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Video with Professor Sergio Focardi about the Energy Catalyzer:
The video was shot during the test of 6 October 2011.
--Francesco 10:27, 26 October 2011 (PDT)
Friday, October 21, 2011
- Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > Cold Fusion > Rossi > Validations > Oct. 6 Demo >
Here are the analyses of the latest E-cat test - Mats Lewan of Ny Teknik in Sweden provides a summary of 4 different scientists reviews of the test done on the Rossi FatCat system on Oct 6. While one of the reviewers felt the test results were inconclusive or negative, the other 3 reviewers felt there were positive signs of excess energy. (NyTeknik; October 21, 2011)
-- SilverThunder 16:58, 21 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Relation of Professor Christos Stremmenos concerning the test of 6 October 2011 (in Italian):
PESwiki page on the upcoming test of 28 October 2011:
--Francesco 05:32, 21 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
New video (in Italian with English subtitles), Professor Christos Stremmenos talks about the Energy Catalyzer:
--Francesco 02:16, 18 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Friday, October 14, 2011
New video (in Italian, English subtitles here: http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/dhw3MsOXXYaH/ ), made by Focus, about the test of 6 October 2011:
VIDEO WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES HERE: http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/dhw3MsOXXYaH/
--Francesco 06:02, 14 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Photo gallery of the test of 6 October 2011, by Focus:
--Francesco 06:32, 14 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Focus published an interview (in Italian) with the delegation of Confindustria (the Italian employers' federation) that was present to the event of October 6, 2011:
--Francesco 05:31, 13 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Translation, in polished English, of the letter of Christos Stremmenos:
Reply to Defkalion G.T. Inc.
The statement issued by Defkalion GT Inc. (Athens, 10/10/11 - link) has come to my knowledge by chance. I feel the moral obligation to express my opinion, faithful to those convictions which I rendered public in the past. I maintained then, as I do now, the inviolability of the following values: scientific truth and its anthropocentric contribution ... the values of culture, democracy, human civilization, and of environmental health in the course of their development. My home country, Greece, is not parochial with respects to these values; rather, it bears them like a diachronic figure.
The statement by Defkalion GT Inc. strikes me as megalomaniacal and presumptuous! Not only does it damage the firm’s own image; in my opinion, with its patent inaccuracies, it is also damaging to the cause of an outlook onto a new energy era ... especially for Greece in its needy economic condition.
I am expressing my opinion not just on ethical grounds, but also in an attempt to curb the communicative jubilation expressed by Defkalion GT Inc., inasmuch as I feel personally responsible for the transfer of Rossi’s technology to Greece as well as for the very existence of Defkalion ... a failed instrument of implementation! I therefore state that:
1 - One cannot develop a technology if one does not know the fulcrum on which it is based.
2 - Defkalion’s failure to fulfill its contract for financial reasons has prevented it from gaining access to the crucial element, i.e. Rossi’s invention.
3 - Its alleged engineering might involve the exploitation of the energy produced by some ancient oil lamp... or some similar source. More seriously, computer-rendered sketches devoid of any scientific basis or long-term experience in the field can yield no support to statements such as “Enhanced technology and engineering on Rossi’s invention or similar inventions”!
4 - The aluminum fins of a heat exchanger cannot be Defkalion’s industrial secret! Industrial plumbers invented them many years ago. SERIOUSLY — it is unfair on Defkalion’s part to accuse ROSSI of using aluminum fins in an improper manner in a public demonstration!
I could add to the list of the scientific and technological inaccuracies therein contained; but I will hesitatingly acknowledge some laborious albeit clumsy attempts on Defkalion’s part in the economic and entrepreneurial field, which I shall comment upon as follows:
- Prepared business models for international expansion. DEFKALION HAD NO RIGHT TO DRAW UP INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS OUTSIDE OF GREECE AND THE BALKANS. THEREFORE, IF IT DID DRAW UP AGREEMENTS OUTSIDE OF GREECE AND THE BALKANS, IT DID SO ILLEGALLY AND WITHOUT ANY AUTHORIZATION.
- Prepared legislative and certification procedures. HOW COULD HAVE DEFKALION PREPARED LEGISLATIVE CERTIFICATION PROCEDURES OF THE PRODUCT IF IT NEVER HAD ANY COGNIZANCE OF THE PRODUCT ITSELF, CONSIDERING IT DID NOT RESPECT THE FINANCIAL TERMS OF THE CONTRACT? DID IT CERTIFY A UFO?
- Ensured national, regional and international network in politics and business. HAD DEFKALION COMPLIED WITH THE FINANCIAL TERMS OF THE CONTRACT, IT WOULD HAVE HAD EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS ONLY FOR GREECE AND THE BALKANS.
- Prepared global financing. VERY FUNNY! THE REASON WHY THE CONTRACT BETWEEN ROSSI AND DEFKALION WAS CANCELLED LIES PRECISELY IN THE FACT THAT DEFKALION PROVED INCAPABLE OF GAINING THE NECESSARY FINANCIAL RESOURCES.
Finally, I would like to stress that DEFKALION IS NOT GREECE!... and neither are A. Xanthoulis and his fanciful communication consultants... I can assure you that in that firm there are also some good elements... which have been deactivated.
There are qualified persons (in that firm) with a long entrepreneurial experience and a track record of successfully implemented projects that should be valued without ... a broken continuity.
Now, in order to answer the question of why Greece can become a means to realize the use of this green revolutionary technology, and why it was chosen to be leader in its business applications (Greece and the Balkans), but hopefully also in the relevant research and technology, let me point out three basic reasons:
Our country has no primary energy sources except for lignite and hydroelectric energy. All other means of energy, especially renewable energy, rely on imported technology, which reflects greatly on their cost.
The current political leadership of our country was always sensitive to innovation, especially in the field of green energy growth. The current political leadership has been aware of this technology since 2004; progress reports in this scientific field were expected with great interest and with the hope that someday there might be some practical application of this technology.
In our country one may find businessmen endowed with courage and bravery, but also with a high patriotic sense of responsibility, willing to risk and invest in such an important technology. It is not a matter of what we shall gain from this Homeland of ours, but of what we are ready to offer our country, especially in these difficult times!
Therefore, it was quite easy, two years ago, to convince my friends who had for a long time shared my interest in LENR, Rossi and Focardi, that — based on the above premises — they would do well to consider Greece as an interesting point for the development of this technology. Naturally, the cultural aspect also played its role; the ancient Greeks are still working for us!
11 October 2011
Christos E. Stremmenos
Professor at the University of Bologna (retired),
Former Ambassador of Greece to Italy
--Francesco 06:43, 13 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
A continuation of the controversy.
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > Cold Fusion > Rossi > Defkalion Controversy >
Stremmenos Accuses Defkalion of Lies and Megalomania; Defkalion Responds - Christos Stremmenos, a member of the board of Defkalion Green Technologies Inc., has posted a bold statement slamming his company for lying, making false accusations, and for being afflicted with the mental pathology of Megalomania. Defkalion gives a magnanimous response. (PESN; October 12, 2011)
-- SilverThunder 09:13, 12 October 2011 (PDT)
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Translated into English:
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > Cold Fusion > Rossi > Validations > Oct. 6 Test >
Rossi Answers Questions on the E-Cat - E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) inventor, Andrea Rossi, responds to questions posed by readers of Focus.it regarding the cold fusion module demonstration that took place on October 6, 2011 in Italy. (PESN and BeforeItsNews; October 11, 2011)
-- SilverThunder 14:11, 11 October 2011 (PDT)
- - - -
Focus interviews Andrea Rossi (in Italian):
ABOUT THE TEST CONCERNING THE 1MW PLANT ON OCTOBER 28:
ROSSI: a Bologna faremo il test della centrale da 1 MW alla presenza del cliente.
TRANSLATION: we will perform the test in Bologna and the US partner will be present.
--Francesco 07:34, 11 October 2011 (PDT)
October 9,10, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2012
October 5,6, 2011
- News:Archive:October 6, 2011 E-Cat Test Updates:Page 01 - day of the test
Test Result Reports
- New test of the E-cat enhances proof of heat - At a new test in Bologna on Thursday, the ‘E-cat’ invented by Andrea Rossi ran in a completely stable self sustained mode for over three hours. Ny Teknik attended the test. (NYTeknik had an exclusive agreement with Andrea Rossi to be the first to post the test results.) (NyTeknik; October 7, 2011)
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Cold Fusion > Rossi > Validations > Oct. 6 Test >
E-Cat Test Validates Cold Fusion Despite Challenges - The test of the E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) that took place on October 6, 2011 in Italy has validated Andrea Rossi's claim that the device produces excess energy via a novel Cold Fusion nuclear reaction. Despite its success, the test was flawed, and could have been done in a way that produced more spectacular results -- as if confirmation of cold fusion is not already stunning enough. (PESN and BeforeItsNews; October 8, 2011)
- 'Cold fusion: a new experiment arouses hope (Translated by Google into English) - Report by media attendee, Maurizio Melis of Radio24; Oct. 8, 2011)
- Bologna 06/10/11: E-Cat testing photo gallery (Translated by Google into English) - Report, with emphasis on photos, by media attendee, Daniele Passerini of 22Passi; Oct. 8, 2011)
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > Cold Fusion > Rossi > Validations > Oct. 6 >
Photos of the October 6, 2011 E-Cat Test - A collection of photos from the historic demonstration of one of Andrea Rossi's cold fusion modules that goes inside his 1 MW system (also present). (PESWiki; October 7, 2011)
- http://pureenergysystems.com/submit/index10.html - To submit an item to be included here. (You can also post comments in real time in the comment section at the bottom of this site.)
See #See also section below
- http://twitter.com/#!/PESNetwork - where we will post key updates
- http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=510#comments - the current thread location (scroll down to the comments section)
- http://firstname.lastname@example.org/ - Vortex L is a great email list that provides lots of news and information about cold fusion in general and the E-Cat in particular.
- Focus.it page of questions - receiving comments/suggestions for a Focus.it guy who will be present at the demonstration.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Featured / Best Exotic FE: Nuclear > Cold Fusion > Rossi >
Rossi's Cold Fusion Energy Catalyzer: Frequently Asked Questions - Hank Mills has compiled a FAQ page about Andrea Rossi's technology that combines small amounts of ubiquitous and safe Nickel and Hydrogen in the presence of proprietary catalyst under pressure and heat to generate a large amount of heat. It also addresses questions about the commercialization under way. (PESWiki and BeforeItsNews; March 21, 2011)
- Directory:Andrea A. Rossi Cold Fusion Generator (E-Cat)
- News:Rossi Cold Fusion | 2011 | 2012
- Directory:Industrial Heat, LLC - acquired Rossi's technology
- PowerPedia:Energy Catalyzer
- Directory:Andrea Rossi's E-Cat Validations
- Directory:Andrea Rossi's Cold Fusion Energy Catalyzer (E-Cat): Frequently Asked Questions
- Directory:Andrea A. Rossi Cold Fusion Generator:Rossi's Hints
- OS:Cold Fusion E-Cat Case Design Competition
- News:Defkalion Hyperion
- Directory:Cold Fusion
- PowerPedia:Cold fusion
- DOE 2004 Cold Fusion Report
- PowerPedia:Foundations for Cold Fusion
- PowerPedia:Cold Fusion Theories
- Leslie Pastor's review of Cold Fusion
LENR NEWS, BLOGS, MAGAZINES:
- News:Cold Fusion | 2006-2010 | 2011 | 2012
- News:Rossi Cold Fusion
- Cold Fusion Times
- Directory:Cold Fusion Now
- Directory:New Energy Times
- Directory:Infinite Energy Magazine
- News: Cold Fusion: 60 Minutes: More Than Junk Science
LEADING LENR COMPANIES:
- Directory:Andrea A. Rossi Cold Fusion Generator (E-Cat) | News
- Directory:Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC)
- Directory:Francesco Celani's LENR / Cold Fusion Cell
- Directory:Dennis Cravens
- Directory:LENR-Gen Distributed Power Units from George H. Miley and LENUKO
- NanoSpire, Inc.
- Directory:Athanor Hydrobetatron LENR Cell of the Leopoldo Pirelli Industrial High School in Rome
- Directory: NUCAT Energy LLC
- Directory:JET Thermal Products
- Directory:Francesco Piantelli
- Free Energy News (PESWiki) - daily, from around the world
NEWS BY TOPIC -->
Active: Best Exotic FE | Cold Fusion | Conspiracy | Electromagnetic OU | Events | Fuel Efficiency | Hydroxy / HHO | QMoGen | Rossi Cold Fusion | Water as Fuel
Trickle: Alchemy | Alternative Fuels | Batteries | Electric Vehicles | Emergency Preparedness | Engines | Fundraisers | Geothermal | Gravity Motors | Grid | Humor | Hydro | Hydrogen | Inteligentry | Keshe | Magnet Motors | Nanotech | Open Source | Plasma | Quantum | Solar | Storage | Tesla | Thermal Electric | Top 100 | Waste to Energy | Water | Wind | Zero Point Energy
- PESN - Stories by PES Network, Inc.
- PESWiki News Archive index
- This Week in Free Energy™ - weekly wrap-up on SmartScarecrow show
- Free Energy Now - radio show featuring specific technologies
- News:Appropriate Slogans for Mainstream News