PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
PESWiki News -- Oct. 2006 Archive
October 31, 2006
- Ocean Wave > ABB - The WEC device developed by Fred Olsen Ltd looks like a traditional rig with floating, egg-shaped cylinders hanging underneath it, that absorb energy from the waves as they move up and down. This linear, vertical motion is then converted to rotational motion by means of a hydraulic system – a hydraulic motor drives a generator to produce electricity.
- Space Heating > Draft Technologies - The Eddy Draft Regulator produces fuel savings up to 20% on boilers and hot water heaters by changing the way that air flows up the flue stack and by slowing down the air flow. See also Draft Control Solutions.
- Fuel Efficiency > Retrofits > Evans Cooling - NPG+™ waterless engine coolant virtually eliminates overheating and “Hot Spots�? that cause engine knock, increasing power and fuel efficiency from 5% to 15%.
- Ocean Wave > GEdwardCook - The floating wave generator uses three pontoons that pivot on rigid arms as the wave passes, driving gears that turn a generator. The Siphon Wave Generator pulls the water straight up above the wave then across and through a turbine generator, then down into the valley between the waves.
- Fuel Efficiency > Hydrogen Injection > LMG Tourer with Hydroxene technology - LMG’s system runs on a mix of both petrol and hydrogen from an on-board electrolysis device, resulting in an effective reduction in fuel consumption of up to 50%. These systems have been available as a bolt on device before, but this is likely the first system that comes with a production car. (poultan.org; August 15, 2006)
October 30, 2006
- Ocean Wave > Wave Star Energy - Positioned at right angles to the wave, two rows of hemisphere-shaped floats are lifted upwards in sequence, moving hydraulic cylinder pistons which drive a hydraulic motor connected to a generator. This multi point absorber produces energy 90 percent of the time and maximum power 30 percent of the time.
- Solar > Independent Energy Systems - Powerwagon XL combines solar PV panels, deep cycle batteries, tracking controller, inverter, and backup generator to make a portable power station that you can tow with your pickup.
- Fuel Efficiency > Retrofits > Mechron Power Systems - The CCS Lightning auxiliary power unit maintains cab temperatures while reducing truck idling, to save up to 3 litres of fuel per hour and reduce noise and maintenance.
October 28, 2006
- Solar Tower > Interview: EnviroMission Solar Tower - Through the patented solar storage capacity of salts, with selective release of the heat to run the turbines at the base of the tower, this will be the first renewable energy source to achieve "primary provider" status, meeting the demand profile, at grid-competitive pricing. (PESN; Oct. 28, 2006)
October 27, 2006
- Tidal > HydroVenturi - The Rochester Venturi is a pressure amplifier that accelerates tidal flows to create a pressure drop where the flow is most constricted, pulling air from another location into the primary flow. This secondary flow allows generation of electrical power without moving or electrical parts under water, and with minimal frictional losses over large distances.
- Air Conditioning > evelop - SeaWater Air-Conditioning is a system that uses cold seawater (between 6 and 10°C) from a depth of approximately 700 m as a coolant for air-conditioning systems in buildings situated within a close radius. The system can reduce total electric energy consumption and related CO2 emissions for cooling by up to 90%
- Fuel Efficiency > Transmissions > John Deere - Agricultural tractor Infinitely Variable Transmission automatically maximizes fuel efficiency in medium and light load conditions, with constant vehicle speed at reduced engine rpm levels. And because of the lowered engine speed, in-tractor noise levels are reduced and long-term durability is greatly enhanced.
- Fuel Efficiency > Retrofits > MotorSpark - 1Spark™ provides added storage energy to optimize inductive ignition coil output performance by up to 50%, producing faster, more powerful sparks for quicker and more complete combustion, yielding fuel savings of 5 – 21%
October 26, 2006
- Lighting > Kazekamome™ Remote Hybrid System - The RHS is a standalone lighting standard that needs no wiring, no electricity, no underground maintenance and generates its own electricity totally from renewable wind and solar sources, to provide security lighting and freedom from blackouts.
- Ocean Wave > Brandl Motor - A floating disc rises and falls with the waves, while a pendulum mass hanging beneath a spring moves anticyclical up and down, driving direct-connected magnets through inductance coils producing electrical current.
- Electromagnetic > NovaTorque - Produces small diameter fractional horsepower motors for the appliance industry with coils wound parallel to the axis of rotation, resulting in much higher efficiency and lower waste heat production.
- Fuel Efficiency > Hybrid Vehicles > XcelPlus International - FlexTek conversion technology plugs into the wiring harness to enable a vehicle’s fuel system to burn ethanol (E85), gasoline, or any blend of the two fuels, and offers an optional E85 Engine Preparation Kit that protects it from corrosion.
October 25, 2006
- Ocean Wave > WavePlane - Floating anchored artificial beach flushes the wave crest through reservoirs that store water and accelerate its flow into a fly-wheel-tube, which induces whirling movement that continues between waves and powers a turbine.
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > Frisco - Combines a surface texturing technique (vibro-grooving) and polymer lapping to improve fuel efficiency by dramatically reducing the coefficient of friction of engine parts.
- Fuel Efficiency > Engines > Freedom Motors - Rotapower engine improves the Wankel-type engine performance with low cost lean burn combustion, combustion surface coating and pre-heated incoming fuel-air charge to greatly reduce emissions and fuel consumption. It offers long engine life in a low-cost design, twice as much power for its weight as most four-stroke competitors, and the ability to operate on any fuel.
- Tidal > Ponte di Archimede - The Kobold turbine is a rotor mounted on a vertical shaft which produces mechanical energy by exploiting marine tidal currents, rotates independently of the direction of the current, has high torque, is self starting, and has efficiency comparable to wind turbines.
- Will EEStor ceramic battery replace gas engines by 2008? - Texas company is working on an "energy storage" device made from ceramics. It's not technically a battery because it doesn't use chemicals. It can allegedly charge within 5 minutes with enough energy to move a car 500 miles on about $9 worth of electricity -- about 45 cents a gallon.
October 24, 2006
- Tidal Power > Pulse Generation - Pulse generators cause hydrofoils to oscillate up and down, efficiently taking energy from tidal flows and transmitting it to a generator held above the water, where it is accessible for maintenance. Ideally suited to near-shore, shallow tidal flows, located close to areas of high demand and large scale transmission networks.
- Solar > Sun Phocus Technologies - HoloSun™ is a thin holographic coating that can be applied on glass surfaces to concentrate sunlight onto solar cells, increasing their performance by 25-40%, for semi-transparent building integrated photovoltaic skylights, curtain walls and awnings.
- Ocean Wave > AW-Energy - WaveRoller is a plate anchored on the sea bottom, whose back and forth movement caused by bottom waves, which are more continuous and predictable than surface waves, is collected by a piston pump. This energy can be converted to electricity either by a generator linked to the WaveRoller unit, or by a closed hydraulic system in combination with a generator/turbine system.
- Batteries > Atraverda - Ebonex® Technology ceramic composite electrodes enable bipolar lead-acid batteries to be produced with simpler construction, less lead, lower weight and greatly improved performance levels.
October 23, 2006
- Waste to Energy > E3 Biofuels - Integrates three proven components into a single, closed loop system: an anaerobic digester that transforms animal wastes into biogas, an ethanol plant that operates on biogas from the digester and an on-site dairy/feedlot that uses the by-product of ethanol production (wet distiller grains) as the primary feed for the cattle.
- Ocean Wave > Ecofys - The Wave Rotor is based on simple wind turbine principles to convert wave energy in circular currents directly into electrical power without the need of inefficient intermediate transmission steps, and can be combined with wind turbines into one platform.
- Ocean Wave > AWS Ocean Energy - The Archimedes Wave Swing is a submerged air-filled cylinder with a 'floater' that rises and falls as the waves pass above, whose movement relative to the fixed lower part is converted to 1MW of electricity by a linear generator. Prototype tested; utility implementation expected by 2009.
- Solar > Concentrated Solar > NuEdison - Has created a low concentration photovoltaic module that gets up to 2x the power out of any solar cell, requires no tracking, is simple to manufacture, and can be installed on a roof just like one-sun modules.
October 22, 2006
- Aeroscraft > Would you Fly on this? - The Aeroscraft dwarfs the largest commercial airliners, takes off and lands straight up and down. It is not a Blimp, but requires propulsion to augment its helium lift. It's a sort of flying Queen Mary II. (Popular Science; Oct. 22, 2006)
October 21, 2006
- Electromagnetic > Magratten Electromagnetic Motor for Sale - ColdElectricity.info site launched to announce completion of the Gary Magratten motor, now available for sale, for research purposes. Said to be 200% over-unity; no independent verification known.
October 18, 2006
- Ocean Wave > SeaVolt Technologies - Wave Rider consists of a special buoy that bobs up and down with wave action on the ocean surface. A hydraulic circuit captures the slow rolling energy of the wave and converts it into high-pressure hydraulic fluid flow, spinning a turbine to generate electricity.
- Ocean Wave > Lancaster University - The PS Frog is a floating offshore wave energy converter that is designed to extract power from the Pitching and Surging (PS) motion, applying a reaction to an internal mass which slides along runners at the top of the device.
- Flywheels > Active Power - CleanSource® Flywheel Technology integrates the function of a motor, flywheel rotor and generator into a single integrated system which reduces the cost and increases efficiency. It provides ride-through power for power disturbances, and bridges the gap between a power outage and the time required to switch to generator power.
- Fuel Cells > CMR Fuel Cells - Compact Mixed-Reactant (CMR) fuel cell design eliminates bipolar flow-field plates yielding 5-10x increase in performance and 80% lower stack cost. A mixture of cheap low-carbon methanol fuel and oxidant flows through a fully porous anode-electrolyte-cathode assembly.
October 17, 2006
- 2001-2002 EBM Promo Video - Four-year-old video now online tells a story that is the same story being told today: commercially ready, first commercial prototype expected shortly, multitude of scientists have checked it out and been involved in its development. (Posted at YouTube by rjgaughan; Oct. 16, 2006)
- Solar > Solar Integrated - Solar Tent provides shelter and also produces up to 6 kW of portable power in remote locations for disaster recovery missions, military applications, and emergency medical care. Building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) thin-film amorphous silicon flexible solar electric roofing panel literally rolls right on. The lightweight panels produce electricity using a wider spectrum of light than traditional crystalline technology, enabling them to produce electricity even when it is cloudy.
- Tidal > Tidal Sails - Like a set of vertical blinds under water which are being pulled from start to end station by the tidal current. A magazine at the start station deploys sails at certain intervals; at the same time as the end station magazine is detaching and collecting arriving sails. Huge sails affixed to long cables under water are pulled by the tidal stream, feeding a generator, which in turn produces electricity.
- Tidal > Tidekraft - Three blade windmills that are relatively easy and inexpensive to produce are adapted to underwater tidal flow with a modular design, allowing all critical components to be lifted out of the water in one operation for maintenance and repair. By rotating the propeller blades around their own axis at slack water when the current turns, the mill is ready for the reversing current.
- Phase Change Material > Klimeo - Microcapsules containing a natural temperature-regulating ingredient applied to a fabric undergo a phase change depending on the outer temperature: it is solid in a cold environment and liquid when warm. This enables Klimeo® to compensate for swings in temperature, guaranteeing comfort and well-being for the wearer, while remaining invisible to the naked eye and without changing the fabric’s properties.
October 16, 2006
- Solid State > Potomac Energy Project > Whiteboard explanation of Eddie Sines electrical energy production concept (9:31) - Simplified description of how Sines Reluctance Generator is envisioned to work. Concept involves magnetic flux generation (for electricity creation) via laser input modifying the conductivity of a liquid-nitrogen-cooled-YBCO superconductor thin film on quartz crystal tubes. (YouTube; Oct. 15, 2006)
- Tidal > ScotRenewables - Free-floating tidal current energy converter with dual counter-rotating horizontal-axis rotors driving generators within sub-surface nacelles, suspended from a surface buoyancy tube. It is anchored to the seabed via a yoke arrangement and compliant mooring system with a separate flexible power and control umbilical that connects to a subsea junction box.
- Waste to Energy > Plasma > Plasma Environmental Technologies - Provides plasma-based systems for clean and cost-effective destruction of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Plasma-Assisted Gasifier (PAG) is a cogeneration system that destroys solid organic wastes while producing "green" energy as heat, steam or electricity. PARCON (Plasma Arc Conversion) is a mobile waste treatment facility that safely destroys liquid and gaseous organic waste.
- Wind > High Altitude > KiteShip - Very Large Free Flying Sails (VLFFS) for boats and ships provide up to 10,000 horsepower of controlled, inexpensive power from wind energy, to reduce ship owners' fuel costs by up to 25 percent, and vastly reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and pollutants.
- Concentrated Solar > CoolEarth Solar - Working to reduce the cost of solar electricity by a factor of 25 using low-cost plastic inflatable concentrators suspended on cables stretched between poles, to gather light and focus it onto photovoltaic cells. The design costs 400 times less per collected area than conventional mirrors, can withstand 100 mph winds, and enables vast areas of land to be converted for solar energy production with limited environmental impact.
- Solar > Concentrated Solar > Solarsphere - Technology combines elements of both direct intercept dishes and Solar Towers. The design philosophy that focuses on spheres and lightweight, thin film materials presents opportunities for concentrators that are large, cheap and mass producible.
- Human-Powered > Palm Imports - 2 & 4 Person Bicycle available as 2 or 4 person QUAD roadster, or 2,4 or 6 person SURRY with canopy top. Electric assist available on Surries and 49cc gas engine kit available on Roadsters. Features include rack and pinion steering, hydraulic disc brakes ( Roadster models) Marine grade vinyl, Shimano type high grade components.
- Lighting > Adura Technologies - Manufactures a wireless network lighting control solution for commercial buildings that is easy to install and use. It can reduce an office building's lighting electricity bill by 40% by adding greater control over lighting with the goal of only lighting spaces that are in use.
- Five of the Most Promising Clean Energy Technologies - See what clean energy technology expert, Ken Rauen, recommended to a financial consultant in Milano, Italy, looking for suggestions of where to direct some major funding. (PESN; Oct. 16, 2006)
October 13, 2006
- Solar > Stellaris - ClearPower™ translucent solar panels consist of small lenses that concentrate light onto narrow strips of PV material reducing manufacturing cost 40% and increasing efficiency 20%. It enables selective daylighting and shading for skylights, sloped glazing and building curtain walls while simultaneously producing power. Non-imaging optics work well on cloudy days and passive concentration has no need to track the sun.
- Lighting > Fiberstars - EFO (Efficient Fiber Optics) downlighting delivers light comparable to conventional lamps with up to 80% energy savings for spot lighting, accent and display case lighting for retail stores, restaurants and commercial buildings. By transmitting light without UV or heat, ambient cooling requirements and maintenance are reduced, while fire safety is improved.
- Electric Vehicles > Mitsubishi Accelerates Electric Vehicle Work - Mitsubishi Motors has unveiled a new, single-motor research electric car based on its i minicar. The new Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle (i MiEV) will be used for joint research programs with Japanese power companies beginning this year, and in fleet tests in 2007. (Green Car Congress; October 12, 2006)
- Solid State > Steven Marks' Toroid Power Units - Five 1997 videos of several solid-state TPU prototypes posted. Small unit (6" diam x 2" high x 1" thick toroid) is shown powering a 100W bulb, a 3-amp drill, a television, and a small vacuum. Said to harness the power of the Earth's electromagnetic field. Larger unit puts out 7 amps; could power an electric vehicle. Forum created to pursue the tech.
October 12, 2006
- Ocean Wave > SyncWave Energy - SyncWave™ Power Resonator is a deep-water frequency domain device that synchronizes with the dominant frequency in the wave field. It will be slack moored, not requiring expensive tidal compensation, permitting a relatively light structure with simple anchoring, yielding a high energy to mass ratio.
- Solar > Day4 Energy - The Day4 Electrode uses a new method of contacting and interconnecting crystalline silicon PV cells to replace solder-ribbon bonding on the front of the panel, decreasing shading and series resistance to increase power 5 to 10 percent.
- Solar > Quantum Dots > Cyrium Technologies - Developing a photovoltaic solar cell technology using semiconductor quantum dot NanoTechnology to increase photovoltaic solar cell efficiency by 40% above the state-of-the-art products.
- Conservation > Blue Line Innovations - With a PowerCost Monitor™ you can see at a glance how much electricity your home is consuming, and the difference in consumption caused by turning on and off the various electrical appliances in your home. Tests have proven that householders who use real-time feedback can reduce electricity use by as much as 20 per cent.
October 11, 2006
- Biodiesel > Biox - Turns vegetable oils, agricultural seed oils, waste animal fats and greases into high grade biodiesel fuel at a cost competitive with petroleum diesel using inert co-solvents that generate an oil-rich one-phase system. Over 99% complete in seconds at near-ambient temperatures with 1:1 yields, this process is 40% cheaper in capital cost and over 50% cheaper in operational cost than other biodiesel processes.
- Batteries > Axion Power - The e3 Supercell is a hybrid device that uses a lead-acid battery positive electrode and a supercapacitor negative electrode made of activated carbon. The high power output, rapid recharge (up to 10 times faster), multi-cycle deep discharge capacity, minimal maintenance and low cost, are ideal for electric vehicles and intermittent power sources like wind and solar.
- Waste to Energy > Agripulp Unlimited - Promotes the use of agricultural fibres for small-scale pulp and paper mills located in farming communities using Arbokem's energy-efficient and ecologically-sound pulping technology. The process includes co-manufacturing of bioenergy, producing its own steam and power to run the plant. Chemicals leftover from the pulping process are returned to the soil as fertilizer for the crops.
- Geothermal > Fort Knox's Buried Treasure - Trane has installed the world’s biggest geothermal heating and cooling system at Fort Knox that has cut base energy expenditures by 20%, reduced natural gas consumption to zero and cut emissions by a third. Trane bored 685 geothermal holes up to 500 feet into the earth that is a constant 57 degrees year around, keeping Fort Knox cool on hot summer days and warm in the winter. (Forbes.com; October 09, 2006)
October 10, 2006
- Waste to Energy > Agri-Therm - Portable and stationary equipment for producing BIO-oils and products from agricultural residues, wastes and transition crops using "fast pyrolysis" by exposure to high temperatures in the absence of oxygen. The process produces gases, liquids and solids from a mobile pyrolysis plant that can be transported to the source of the waste product.
- Solar > Thin Film > More Efficient Solar Cells - Researchers at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory have created a new type of semiconductor material that can capture low-energy photons for electricity, by introducing a few atoms of oxygen into a zinc-manganese-tellurium (ZnMnTe) alloy. LBNL has licensed the technology to RoseStreet Labs, which plans to commercialize solar cells made from these multi-band semiconductors, which could have efficiencies of around 45 percent. (Technology Review; October 04, 2006)
- Electric Vehicles > SUNN - solar powered car kit - uses no fuel - You can custom design and build your own car which can be driven on roads with a speed limit of less than 35 MPH (in states that have a low speed vehicle law). The car is recharged from the sun or can be plugged in, and has a top speed of 25 MPH with a range of 12 miles. Starter kits as low as $2,900.
- Electromagnetic > Energy By Motion (EBM) Going Commercial? - Out of the blue, a company in Hungary (originally from Toronto) springs on the scene with three humongous prototypes getting 6% over-unity, complete with patents, scientific certifications, demo hours, and a price tag for a power plant. The alleged rate: 6 cents/kW-hour.
October 09, 2006
- EV > Roadster > Tesla Motors Honored with Breakthrough Award - For the first time, Popular Mechanics has awarded its annual top ten honor to an automobile, citing the Tesla Roadster, with its "6831-cell lithium-ion configuration that can propel the car 250 miles between charges". (PESN; Oct. 9, 2006)
October 07, 2006
- Renewable Solar Hydrogen Production - The SHEC labs system comprises a solar mirror array and advanced solar concentrator and shutter system, and two thermo-catalytic reactors to convert methane, carbon dioxide, and water into hydrogen, in a manner that appears to deliver more energy than it receives. (Environmental Science & Engineering; May 2005)
October 06, 2006
- Batteries > AccelRate - Decreasing charging time while maximizing battery life, AccelRate technology can be used with lead-acid, NiMh, NiCd, and lithium batteries, powering equipment from cell phones to electric vehicles. AccelRate’s charger technology utilizes a charge/discharge algorithm that enables a full state-of-charge in 80% less time than conventional technology, and will extend battery life to its original capacity because of heat reduction during charging.
October 05, 2006
- Plasma > PyroGenesis - Technologies which use the intense energy found in plasma to convert waste into energy and useful materials, treat a range of industrial, hazardous, clinical and municipal waste streams on land. PyroGenesis has also developed a specialty system designed to treat various waste streams on board ships.
- Magnet Motors > Steorn > Steorn scientific jury selection progressing - Company rocked the world in August with its announcement of a free energy device using permanent magnets, calling for a jury of skeptical, qualified scientists to confirm their results. Following an overwhelming response, Steorn will now begin contacting applicants on its shortlist to establish their availability. (PESN; Oct. 5, 2006)
- Lighting > Light Emitting Diodes > TIR Systems - Lexel™ is the first fully integrated and seamless LED-based light source technology. It has been designed for easy integration and is equivalent to lamp+ballast+socket. It provides controllable illumination, precise light output and color, and dramatic savings, with the potential to use up to 80% less energy than conventional light sources.
- Air Conditioning > Home Heating > Acrylic Window Innovations - The InnerG window is an insulative, sound deadening interior storm window made from shatter resistant acrylic plexiglas, mounted in a specially designed pvc molding with a magnetic rail. It snaps magnetically to the inside of your existing windows in seconds to reduce sound and heat transfer up to 60% and eliminate condensation, providing savings on both heating and air conditioning costs.
- Home Generation: Solar PV > Kyocera - MyGen Meridian is built directly into the roof of your home with easy installation by any roofing crew. Stylishly designed for optimal energy production, now you can enjoy the energy independence of solar power with pleasing aesthetics.
- Biodiesel from Algae Oil > Valcent Products develops bio-reactor for algae oil production - Vertical bio-reactor is a C02 sequestration system for the mass production of algae that consume C02 using sunlight for photosynthesis. Global Green Solutions is funding further development of the technology that is estimated to yield up to 4,000 barrels of oil per acre, per year, at an estimated cost of $20 per barrel, of high grade vegetable oil suitable for bio-diesel fuel. (Valcent Products; October 04, 2006)
October 04, 2006
- Home Cogeneration > Kokhala: Electricity from Low Temperature Heat & Storage in PCS - Technology harnesses 120+ degrees from a wide variety of sources to generate electricity, for reliable, affordable, clean power for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
- Solar Heating > Cansolair - Thermostatically controlled forced convection solar heating unit made of 240 recycled aluminum cans provides a cost effective way to go green and save on heating bills. Designed to be independent of, but complimentary to the existing heating system, it can maintain comfortable room temperature in a 1000 square foot dwelling with 15 minutes of sunlight per hour.
- Electromagnetic > Variable Torque Motors - Axial field weakening yields higher efficiency over the rpm range, creating a "built-in" transmission that mechanically enables an operating range up to 10x the motor base speed for electric vehicles. VTM offers hybrid retrofit packages installed on the drive shaft of rear wheel drive vehicles using Maxwell BoostCap™ ultracapacitors for energy storage.
October 03, 2006
- Electric Vehicles > Phoenix Motorcars electric cars - Phoenix Motorcars, headquartered in Ojai, California, is an early leader in the mass production of full function, freeway speed electric automobiles. Entertaining fleet orders.
- Fuel Cells > Superprotonic - Developing solid acid fuel cell (SAFC) stacks for small stationary / residential, automotive, and portable electronics markets. They are able to operate under intermediate temperature conditions (150-300° C), use less precious metal catalysts (platinum) and a less expensive electrolyte compared to polymer electrolyte membranes (PEMs). The cost savings should result in a SAFC that is cost competitive with the internal combustion engine ($35-50/kW).
- Lighting > Advanced Glazings - Solera translucent window glazing diffuses natural daylight throughout interior spaces reducing glare, shadows and hot spots. Delivering soft daylight further into a building's deep space reduces the requirement for lighting from conventional energy sources and creates a more comfortable environment. High incident angle sunlight is more effectively harvested for early morning and late afternoon lighting.
- Lighting > Group IV Semiconductor - Developing all-silicon semiconductor devices that generate light up to ten times more efficiently than conventional bulbs and more economically than LEDs. Compact fluorescent bulbs are only about 20 to 25 percent efficient, while solid-state lighting can achieve efficiency up to 80 percent, but are too expensive to mass produce or aren't bright enough. Silicon may prove to be as cost effective for lighting as it has been for computing.
- Electromagnetic > Bodine Electric - Extremely high torque, energy efficiency, and extraordinary precision make e-TORQ motors the practical direct drive solution in applications which traditionally required a speed reducer. North Dakota State University used one of these motors to finish first in a field of 30 teams in the American Solar Challenge in July of 2003.
October 02, 2006
- Hydrogen > Quantum Technologies - Hydrogen fuel technologies include the TriShield™ storage system that can provide fuel cell vehicles a range of 300 miles before refueling, hydrogen refueling systems for demonstration and test fleets, and the HyHauler™ portable refueling station that requires only electricity and water.
- Electric Vehicles > Venturi Eclectic - Urban 3-seater is the world's first energy-autonomous production vehicle. Eclectic takes advantage of moments of immobilisation to store solar or wind energy in its NiMH batteries. It offers a range up to 50 km at a speed of 50 km/hr and can also be recharged from the grid in 5 hours. Production of 20 vehicles has commenced and 200 will be launched in June 2007.
- Electric Vehicles > Venturi Astrolab - 2-seater tandem electro-solar vehicle uses photovoltaic cells covered by a film of nano-prisms concentrating solar energy to recharge NiMH batteries. It has a range of 110 km and a top speed of 120 km/hr. Solar recharging provides a daily range of 18 km or it can be recharged from the grid in 5 hours. First delivery is scheduled for January 2008.
- Free Energy News (PESWiki) - daily, from around the world
NEWS BY TOPIC -->
Active: Best Exotic FE | Cold Fusion | Conspiracy | Electromagnetic OU | Events | Fuel Efficiency | Fundraisers | QMoGen | Plasma | Rossi Cold Fusion | Water as Fuel
Trickle: Alternative Fuels | Batteries | Electric Vehicles | Emergency Preparedness | Engines | Geothermal | Gravity Motors | Grid | Humor | Hydro | Hydrogen | Hydroxy / HHO | Inteligentry | Keshe | Magnet Motors | Nanotech | Open Source | Quantum | Solar | Storage | Tesla | Thermal Electric | Top 100 | Waste to Energy | Water | Wind | Zero Point Energy
- PESN - Stories by PES Network, Inc.
- PESWiki News Archive index
- This Week in Free Energy™ - weekly wrap-up on SmartScarecrow show
- Free Energy Now - radio show featuring specific technologies
- News:Appropriate Slogans for Mainstream News