PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
News:110720:Mt Vernon Signal:Local man touts homemade alternative fuel device
Click here for non-cropped version.
Local man touts homemade alternative fuel device
Marcello Bartolotta of Mt. Vernon runs gasoline engines on used vegetable oil.
POWERED UP -- Marcello Bartolotta of Mt. Vernon demonstrates the device he created with plumbing parts that allows a gasoline engine to run on a variety of alternative fuels. In this picture, his generator engine is running on a mixture of paint thinner and water.
BY TIM JOHNSON, SENTINEL NEWS STAFF
MT. VERNON -- Two years ago, Marcello Bartolotta made a bet with a friend that he could find a way to make a gasoline engine run on virtually anything that burns.
The Mt. Vernon man began a long trial-and-error process in his backyard, with nothing but plumbing parts available at any local hardware store. His test subject was an unmodified generator engine, now connected to his one-of-a-kind "evaporizer" that turns liquid fuels into vapors and allows the engine to run smoothly and cleanly on all manner of fuels.
Bartolotta can now power his house with the used vegetable oil that he brings home from his pizza place, mixing it with a splash of paint thinner.
"You can run it on frying oil, propane, diesel, kerosene, E85, anything," Bartolotta said as he demonstrated his invention. "Basically, you can make your own fuel."
And he can mix the fuels however he likes. They burn in whatever combination he chooses because they are already turned into combustible vapors before they reach the engine's combustion chamber.
"There's no liquid going into the engine anymore," Batolotta said.
His engine, he said, runs cleaner and more efficiently on vaporized motor oil than it did on gasoline through the stock carburetor.
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars
- Free Energy News (PESWiki) - daily, from around the world
- NEWS BY TOPIC --> Active: Best Exotic FE | Cold Fusion | Conspiracy | Electromagnetic OU | Events | Fuel Efficiency | Fundraisers | Rossi Cold Fusion
Trickle: Alternative Fuels | Batteries | Electric Vehicles | Emergency Preparedness | Geothermal | Gravity Motors | Grid | Humor | Hydro | Hydrogen | Hydroxy / HHO | Inteligentry | Keshe | Magnet Motors | Nanotech | Open Source | Solar | Storage | Tesla | Thermal Electric | Top 100 | Waste to Energy | Water | Wind | Zero Point Energy
- PESN - Stories by PES Network, Inc.
- PESWiki News Archive index
- This Week in Free Energy - 10-minute weekly wrap-up radio
- Free Energy Now - radio show featuring specific technologies