PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Free Energy Blog:2014:02:17
Free Energy Blog posts from Monday, February 17, 2014
- Featured: PES Network > News >
Free Energy Blog - Latest include: Akula latern video translation • Greer's $100,000 STAR Challenge and Award • Earth Day: Add your photo to NASA's global selfie • Gary's Good Barking • Cano's QMoGen • Funny Car Recycler Photo • Photoswitches: a breakthrough material for storing heat energy • MORE...(index) (PESWiki; Bullet updated April 23, 2014; 3:25 GMT)
One-ring phone scam banks on people's curiosity
My wife brought to my attentin this report from KSL.
Here's an excerpt:
- The nationwide surge of a scam shows how thieves prey on people’s curiosity. The scammers call random cell phone numbers and let it ring once. Those who take the bait and call back face huge fees.
- Scammers use auto-dialers to randomly call phone numbers. After the first ring, they hang up. They hope those they called will see the number on the cell phone's missed call log and be curious enough to call back that number. “It’s on your cell phone, so you think it should be someone who knows you,” Driggs explained. When cell phone owners call back, thieves "cram" their mobile phone bill with bogus charges — $20 for the first minute, $9 for every extra minute. “Sometimes they place you on hold, the call goes through at more money per minute,” Driggs said. The calls are from area codes like 473, which is Grenada. But numbers from several Caribbean area countries are also included in the scam. It works because those numbers look like a run-of-the-mill long-distance call. “They’re trying to trick people into thinking it’s in the U.S.
Here's another story about this, with more info: http://phandroid.com/2014/02/05/one-ring-phone-scam/
I've been getting a lot of these one-ring calls in the past month or two, and often I do call back, thinking maybe there is something wrong with my Vonage connection. But the call doesn't go anywhere legitimate, so I hang up. A quick view of my Vonage call report doesn't show any of these danger prefixes, but I'm going to call my carriers, Verizon and Vonage and have them block my phone's ability to call these numbers.
If you happen to phone me, and the call doesn't go through for some reason, don't be expecting me to call you back, because I won't have time to verify that your phone number is legitimate. Just try again, or drop me an email.
-- SilverThunder 17:47, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
TPU website progress
- From: "Aaron Hiniker" <email@example.com>
- To: sterlingda
- Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:48 PM
- Subject: BruceTPU banner exchange
- Hello Sterling,
- I've been helping Bruce setup a website http://tpupower.net and subscriber forum these past few months and now we're starting a newsletter. Bruce is still hard at work testing his theory of the TPU's operation but is extremely low on funds. This newsletter is $1.66/mo and we're hoping to get some new guys to sign up and help pay for more experiments.
- We'd like to do a banner exchange, so we will put a banner to PESWiki in every email and in exchange maybe you could host a banner for our site to drive traffic to one another. This would be a great help to Bruce's efforts.
- If you have any thoughts/concerns or you would rather talk to Bruce directly let me know. You can contact me day or night at this email address.
-- SilverThunder 16:28, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Jet Stream Cause of Extreme Weather
The latest newsletter from Batros.
- by Mitch Battros -- Earth Changes Media February 17th, 2014
- A warmer Arctic could permanently affect the pattern of the high-altitude polar jet stream, resulting in longer and colder winters over North America and northern Europe, US scientists say.
- Equation: Charged Particles (sunspots, solar flares, filament, coronal holes, etc.) → Magnetic Field Shift → Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents → Extreme Weather and Human Disruption (mitch battros 1998).
- According to Jennifer Francis, a climate expert at Rutgers University, the Arctic air has warmed in recent years as a result of warming oceans in part caused by a weakening magnetic field and increase in outer core convection. "The jet stream is a very fast moving river of air over our head. Over the past two decades the jet stream has weakened." she said Saturday at a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science." This is something we can measure," she said.
- The jet stream, a ribbon of high altitude, high-speed wind in northern latitudes is formed when the cold Arctic air clashes with warmer air from further south. The greater the difference in temperature, the faster the jet stream moves.
- FULL ARTICLE - http://bit.ly/M5CkH7
-- SilverThunder 15:38, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
MEG demo by Lee Kenny
Deggary from India brought this one to my attention, and thought you might appreciate it.
- (YouTube; June 10, 2013)
- The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (MEG) device consists of a series of specialized permanent magnets and collector coils with switching circuitry that alternates the concentration of the magnetic flux within the overall apparatus to extract usable electric energy. The MEG technology utilizes dynamic magnetic flux transfer between highly nonlinear physically and spatially connected components and self-initiated alternation of magnetic flux transfer and recovery. The MEG laboratory prototype separates the magnetic vector potential into two potentials, one curled and thus a magnetic field, and the other a curl-free magnetic vector potential. Just as splitting an electrical potential (voltage) onto two paths results in the same voltage (energy density) on each path, the MEG gains extra energy density by this magnetic vector potential splitting.
- Even without design optimization, the lab prototypes have successfully demonstrated over-unity characteristics (more energy output than energy input) when measured with digital oscilloscope measurement equipment. The MEL team has begun the process of optimizing the design of the MEG prototype to allow the input energy source to be disengaged without ceasing the power output from the device. Once initiated, the MEG device would be "self-powering".
-- SilverThunder 00:12, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
FREE ENERGY BLOG FOOTER
- Free Energy Blog - latest
- Blog:Index - title and description only
- Bullet - the latest title listings
- Free Energy Blog:Archive:
- Free Energy Blog:Formatting
- PESN - Our feature stories
- Free Energy News (PESWiki) - daily, from around the world
- PESWiki News Archive index
- This Week in Free Energy™ - weekly wrap-up on SmartScarecrow show
- Free Energy Now - interviews featuring specific technologies
NEWS BY TOPIC -->
Active: Best Exotic FE | Cold Fusion | Conspiracy | Electromagnetic OU | Events | Fuel Efficiency | Fundraisers | QMoGen | Plasma | Rossi Cold Fusion | Water as Fuel
Trickle: Alternative Fuels | Batteries | Electric Vehicles | Emergency Preparedness | Engines | Geothermal | Gravity Motors | Grid | Humor | Hydro | Hydrogen | Hydroxy / HHO | Inteligentry | Keshe | Magnet Motors | Nanotech | Open Source | Quantum | Solar | Storage | Tesla | Thermal Electric | Top 100 | Waste to Energy | Water | Wind | Zero Point Energy