PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
Free Energy Blog:2014:02:14
Free Energy Blog posts from Friday, February 14, 2014
- Featured: PES Network > News >
Free Energy Blog - Latest include: GoodGopher.com: alternative to Google's "truthiness" propaganda • Al Gore's Climate Change Lies Exposed • LPP Focus Fusion Report: Plasma Focus Progress • Hail Cannon Vortex Cloud Buster First Test Run with HHO Gas • MDI Air Car on Shark Tank • Hidden Homesteads 10 kW Biomass Genset for Sale • MORE...(index) (PESWiki; Bullet updated May 28, 2015; 15:20 GMT)
Hot Fusion finally breaks even -- far, far behind "cold fusion"
Fernando Lins from Brazil brought this to my attention.
Nature Reports: Fuel gain exceeding unity in an inertially confined fusion implosion (February 12, 2014)
- Ignition is needed to make fusion energy a viable alternative energy source, but has yet to be achieved. A key step on the way to ignition is to have the energy generated through fusion reactions in an inertially confined fusion plasma exceed the amount of energy deposited into the deuterium–tritium fusion fuel and hotspot during the implosion process, resulting in a fuel gain greater than unity. Here we report the achievement of fusion fuel gains exceeding unity on the US National Ignition Facility using a ‘high-foot’ implosion method, which is a manipulation of the laser pulse shape in a way that reduces instability in the implosion. These experiments show an order-of-magnitude improvement in yield performance over past deuterium–tritium implosion experiments. We also see a significant contribution to the yield from α-particle self-heating and evidence for the ‘bootstrapping’ required to accelerate the deuterium–tritium fusion burn to eventually ‘run away’ and ignite.
This is elaborated in TheHindu:
But "cold fusion" or LENR as it is now more frequently called, still mislabeled "junk science" by mainstream science, achieved overunity long ago, and the leading companings bringing it to market are in the region of 6-10x. The hot fusion world is still a decade and many more billions of dollars away from anything commercial, while three LENR companies are looking to go commercial (product available) in 2014. Rossi's E-Cat, Defkalion, and Brillouin.
p.s. We're running low here at PES. Donations are greatly appreciated. Thx!
-- SilverThunder 14:14, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
FREE ENERGY BLOG FOOTER
- Free Energy Blog - latest
- Blog:Index - title and description only
- Bullet - the latest title listings
- Free Energy Blog:Archive:
- Free Energy Blog:Formatting
- PESN - Our feature stories
- Free Energy News (PESWiki) - daily, from around the world
- PESWiki News Archive index
- This Week in Free Energy™ - weekly wrap-up on SmartScarecrow show
- Free Energy Now - interviews featuring specific technologies
NEWS BY TOPIC -->
Active: Best Exotic FE | Cold Fusion | Conspiracy | Electromagnetic OU | Fuel Efficiency | Hydroxy / HHO | QMoGen | Rossi Cold Fusion | Spirituality | Water as Fuel
Trickle: Alchemy | Alternative Fuels | Batteries | Electric Vehicles | Emergency Preparedness | Engines | Events | Fundraisers | Geothermal | Gravity Motors | Grid | Humor | Hydro | Hydrogen | Inteligentry | Keshe | Magnet Motors | Nanotech | Open Source | Plasma | Quantum | Solar | Storage | Tesla | Thermal Electric | Top 100 | Waste to Energy | Water | Wind | Zero Point Energy