PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Event:2013:We Bought a Goddamn Tesla Museum
Compiled by Sterling D. Allan
Pure Energy Systems News
May 8, 2013
The following is adapted from a Press Release, by the Tesla Science Center, posted on May 2, 2013. I should note that this happened right on the heels of the Advanced Energy 2013 Conference in New York City where the Tesla Science Foundation booth was given prominent mention during a luncheon.
- TESLA WARDENCLYFFE LABORATORY PURCHASED FOR MUSEUM
- (Shoreham, NY) — Friends of Science East, Inc., dba Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe, is pleased to announce that it has completed the purchase of the last remaining laboratory of scientist, visionary, and inventor Nikola Tesla in Shoreham, NY. The site was sold by Agfa Corporation, with headquarters in New Jersey.
- The 15.69-acre laboratory site, known as Wardenclyffe, is where Tesla planned his wireless communications and energy transmission tower, in the early 1900s. He was never able to complete the construction of the tower due to lack of funds.
- At the end of August 2012, Friends of Science East, Inc. partnered with online comic Matthew Inman (TheOatmeal.com) to hold an online crowd funding campaign on Indiegogo.com in which they were able to raise $1.37 million towards saving the Wardenclyffe site. Over 33,000 people from 108 countries contributed to the success of the campaign, which reached the $1 million mark in just over a week.
- “This is a major milestone in our almost two-decade effort to save this historically and scientifically significant site. We have been pursuing this dream with confidence that we would eventually succeed,” said Gene Genova, Vice President of the organization. “We are very excited to be able to finally set foot on the grounds where Tesla walked and worked.”
- “Now begin the next important steps in raising the money needed to restore the historic laboratory,” said Mary Daum, treasurer. “We estimate that we will need to raise about $10 million to create a science learning center and museum worthy of Tesla and his legacy. We invite everyone who believes in science education and in recognizing Tesla for his many contributions to society to join in helping to make this dream a reality.”
- The organization plans several fundraising events in the future. More information can be found on the website (http://www.TeslaScienceCenter.org), at the Facebook page (Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe), and via Twitter (@teslascience).
- Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation in the state of New York, dedicated to saving and restoring Wardenclyffe, and transforming it into a science learning center and museum.
Certificate of Appreciation
Director of Tesla Science Foundation
Tesla Science Foundation Booth Featured
- TESLA WARDENCLYFFE LABORATORY PURCHASED FOR MUSEUM - May 2 Press Release, by the Tesla Science Center.
- Todd Ridolph's Photos
In the News
- Featured: Events > Tesla > Tower > Museum >
We Bought a Goddamn Tesla Museum - On May 2, 2013, the last remaining laboratory of scientist, visionary and inventor Nikola Tesla was sold to dba Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe, a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit corporation dedicated to saving and restoring Wardenclyffe, with the aim of turning it into a science learning center and museum. (PESWiki; May 8, 2013)
Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe
phone: +1 (631) 929-8685
P.O. Box 552
Shoreham, NY 11786
- Directory:Nikola Tesla Wardenclyffe Museum
- PowerPedia:Wardenclyffe Tower
- Directory:Tesla Science Foundation
- News:Nikola Tesla
- Directory:Nikola Tesla
- PowerPedia:Nikola Tesla - encyclopedia entry
- Directory:Nikola Tesla Overviews
- Directory:Best Exotic Clean Energy Technologies
- Directory:Radiant Energy | PowerPedia:Radiant Energy | OS:Radiant Energy
- Directory:Electromagnetic - overunity | News:Electromagnetic
- Directory:Atmospheric Electrostatic Energy
- Directory:Tesla coil
- Directory:Tesla's Pierce-Arrow
- PowerPedia:Scalar field theory
- PowerPedia:Tesla's Flying Machine
- Directory:Wireless Transmission of Electricity | PowerPedia:Wireless transmission of electricity
- PowerPedia:Wardenclyffe Tower
- PowerPedia:Tesla's Dynamic Theory of Gravity
- Directory:Tesla Turbines | PowerPedia:Tesla Turbine
- PowerPedia:Teslascope -- Extraterrestrial Radio Transmitter
TESLA OPEN SOURCE PROJECTS
- OS:Tesla, Meyl, and Jackson's Wireless Aetheric Power Transmission
- Two Toroid Over-Unity Gabriel Device by David Klingelhoefer
- Directory:Bedini SG - for learning radiant energy
- OS:Ambient Energy Collection Device
- Reprint:Tesla's Solar Ideas
COMPANIES DEVELOPING TESLA TECHNOLOGY
- Directory:Ismael Aviso Self-Charging Electric Car
- Directory:Magratten Electromagnetic Motor
- Directory:Renaissance Charge Device by Energenx
- Events:ExtraOrdinary Technology Conference - TeslaTech
- Events:Energy Independence Day - held each year on July 10, the birth date of Nikola Tesla.
- Events (main index) - upcoming / ongoing
- News:Events - events as we cover them in our news - Events:Archive: 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
- Directory:Annual Free Energy Conferences
- News - Free Energy News
- PESWiki home page