PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Page first featured July 4, 2009
Xenotech Research, headed by Sir Charles Shults III, has several projects under way: 1) ramping up for manufacturing of an affordable, modular 500W Solar Pod for purchase within six months; 2) moving near the New Mexico space port to expedite development of an orbital solar power project for deployment in Oct. 2010; 3) designing a residential wind turbine that is expected to 1/3 the cost of others.
They are moving their operation to Truth or Consequences, New Mexico so they will have access to the spaceport being built there. Sir Charles has recently been negotiating with Gene Meyers and Terry Martin of Space Island Group. He intends to supply some technologies for their orbital solar power project. They have received permission to orbit a solar power satellite demonstrator and will soon be building receiving stations on the ground for the proof of principle.
Xenotech Research will be manufacturing solar furnaces for heat, light, and power applications. Shults is also negotiating with an investment group to supply a large power station with his units. He says the interest in using Xenotech's machines for power is growing rapidly.
As of June, 2009, they have a new device that should be ready for production in about six months that is similar but more refined. It is a compact power pod that can be placed at the focus of a solar furnace and produce basic electrical power.
They are also developing a wind turbine technology using an "air diode" principle that they hope will be 1/3 the cost of present residential wind turbines.
Initial research conducted previously paid off well technically but the backers failed to bring in investors required to move to production. Their decision was not explained, and Shults proceeded to develop alternative methods of generating power so there would be no disputes over the technology or intellectual property rights. There may have been economic reasons for their decision.
With the backing of Space Island Group and other investors, Xenotech will be employing between 10 and 30 people once the building opens.
- http://www.youtube.com/user/thorargent - YouTube channel
Related Project Sites
- Stream | download (13 Mb; mp3) On June 29, 2009, Sterling D. Allan conducted a live interview with Sir Chales Shults III as part of the Free Energy Now radio series. They talked about 1) Xenotech ramping up for manufacturing of a Solar Pod for purchase within six months; 2) Xenotech moving near the New Mexico space port to expedite development of an orbital solar power project for deployment in Oct. 2010, and 3) designing a residential wind turbine that will be 1/3 the cost of others.
- Story at PESN.com (July 4, 2009)
- Download (13 Mb; mp3) - On Jan. 28, 2008 Sterling D. Allan conducted a live interview with Sir Charles Shults III regarding his 6 kW Concentrated Solar Design as part of the Free Energy Now radio show. The technology combines solar hot water panels with one large fresnel lens to turn the hot water to steam for running a turbine to generate 6 kW of electricity, all for around $6,000, with an ROI of 3-5 years.
Low Cost Solar Power
Demonstrating the turbine designed by Shults
- Using a solar furnace as a power source, we can provide energy for homes, schools, villages, and communities. (YouTube; May 07, 2009)
- "A private project at San Juan College; 7-May-2008; A prototype compatct turbine for power."
- "21-June-2008; Large Rotary Base (solar fresnel lens aparatus), powered by vey low current and voltage"
- "29-June-2008; Solar Testing; safety of system during boiler failure"
- "29-June-2008; Steam Volume; Immense volume of steam in realtime from sunlight"
- Original concept from KyberLogic, LLC; Boiler and Turbine technology from International Environmental Trust.
- - - -
Fresnel Solar Power
Previous system overveiw
- Solar thermal generation. (YouTube; April 05, 2009)
- - - -
Solar Power Break-Through
- Sir Charls Shults shows us how he can make 6 kw Solar Systems for a fraction of today's PV solar panel costs. Power your home & Electric Car for $6,000 instead of over $50,000 for PV systems! (YouTube; August 07, 2007)
Company: Xenotech Research
"Our production facility in Truth or Consequences , New Mexico will be opening soon."  (as of June 2009)
Inventor: Sir Charles Shults III
- "Sir Charles Shults III worked at Martin Marietta Aerospace for 10 years on weapons systems and computer based automated test equipment. He wrote the nuclear EMP test software for the Pershing II missile system, worked on Patriot, the Copperhead tank killer, and Advanced Attack Helicopter systems. Charles has performed research under grant on nuclear fusion, was knighted and received a long term grant for his present research in robotics and artificial intelligence. He has written many technical publications and magazine articles on space, astronomy, the atmosphere, and space resource development. In addition, Charles has also appeared on several TV and radio programs."
In the News
- Featured: Solar > Space-Based >
Xenotech > First space-to-earth solar power station targeted for Oct. 2010 (Interview) - Sir Charles Shults of Xenotech Research describes their current projects, including assisting deployment of an orbital solar power station; ramping up for manufacturing of an affordable, modular 500W Solar Pod for purchase within six months; and designing a residential wind turbine expected to be 1/3 the cost of others. (PESN; June 24, 2009) (Comment at Examiner.com)
- New Energy Technology - 2-hours interview with George Noory. Sir Charles Shults discussed his work with new energy sources. Shults is currently working with the Space Island Group on such projects as an orbiting solar station which can collect sunlight, convert the power, and then beam the energy to ground-based receivers. He is also developing "power pods", relatively small & inexpensive devices that could be placed on a roof or in a backyard. A single pod might generate enough energy to light a home and run several appliances. (Coast to Coast AM; 17 June 2009
- Flight >
Spaceport America breaks ground, flights departing soon - Virgin Galactic may be spending over USD$300 million on a commercial space vehicle, and now it will have a place to land by 2011. Spaceport America, the world’s first purpose-built commercial spaceport, broke ground in New Mexico on June 19th. The 110,000 square foot facility will cost around $200m. (GizMag; June 25, 2009)
See Discussion page
- http://xenotechresearch.com/cgi/phpBB2/index.php - Xenotech Forum
Xenotech Research is located:
3416 Shader Road Suite 108
Orlando, Florida 32808
- Directory:Charles Shults' Fresnel Solar Design
- Directory:Angel's Nest Project
- Directory:Space Based Solar Power
- Directory:Solar - index of resources
- News:Solar (current) | 2010 | 2009 | 2006-2008
- PowerPedia:Solar Energy - Encyclopedic review of history and future
- Directory:Solar Energy Research and Development
- Directory:Solar Problems
- Directory:Concentrated Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Infrared Harvesting
- Directory:Solar PhotoVoltaics
- Directory:Solar Thermal
- Directory:Home Generation:Solar Heating
- Directory:Thin Film Solar
- Directory:Solar:Photosynthesis Imitation
- Directory:Solar Paint
- Directory:Dye Solar Cells
- Directory:Solar Tower
- Directory:Floating Solar Chimney
- Directory:Space Based Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Sails
- Directory:Solar Windows
- Directory:Plastic Solar Cells
- Directory:Silicon - more efficient uses, alternatives, methods
- Directory:Black Silicon
- Directory:Synchronous Solar Heliostat
- Directory:Solar:Installation and Consultation
- Directory:Solar Applications
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Walipini Underground Greenhouses
- OS:Solar Ethanol - distiller design
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
- Directory:Solar Pavement - black-body absorption of the asphalt