PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
See Directory:Wind - Main Wind Directory.
This page is dedicated to due diligence regarding wind power systems.
- Wind turbines make bat lungs explode - ...study shows that the moving blades cause a drop in pressure that makes the delicate lungs of bats suddenly expand, bursting the tissue's blood vessels. This is known as a barotrauma, and is well-known to scuba divers. (Free Energy Blog; November 11, 2013)
- Wind turbines making people sick with mysterious illnesses - "When Edward and Sue Hobart first built their dream home on six beautiful acres of land in Falmouth, a small town on Massachusetts' southern coast, they had no idea that one day they would be forced to abandon it due to local "green" energy initiatives. But the constant migraine headaches, ringing in the ears, dizziness and insomnia..." (Free Energy Blog; November 3, 2013)
- Featured: Trends / Free Energy >
Iceland volcano suggests non-solar/wind alt energy solutions - The volcano Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland that has been grounding air travel and impacting the economy in much of Europe also is not good news for the solar and wind energy industry, but gives a strong vote for developing other free energy technologies. (PESN; April 19, 2010) (Comments)
- Wind power may have its own environmental problems - Wind power generation is expected to be a clean and environmentally friendly natural energy source, but a new kind of environmental problem has surfaced as infrasonic waves (20 Hz sound waves) caused by windmills are suspected of causing health problems for some people. (PhysOrg; July 5, 2009)
- World Renowned Expert Issues Dire Warnings To Residents Of Ontario - One of the world’s leading research experts in the areas of electromagnetic pollution, radio frequency radiation, ground current and dirty electricity delivered alarming warnings about the dangers to human and animal health, posed by Industrial Wind Turbines. (Videos) (No Sydenham Windfarm; Jan. 15, 2009)
- More Hot Air from Wind Farms - The British Wind Energy Association has admitted to cooking the books on its calculations of the amount of carbon dioxide displaced by wind power. (American Thinker; Dec, 22, 2008)
- Wind Power Exposed: The Renewable Energy Source is Expensive, Unreliable and Won’t Save Natural Gas - Not only is wind power far more expensive and unreliable than previously thought, it cannot avoid using high levels of natural gas, which not only will increase costs, but will mean far less of a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions than has been previously claimed. (Energy Tribune; Nov. 25, 2008)
- Wind Power: The “Green” Myth - Wind power is touted as a “green” solution to Oregon‟s increasing energy demand. However, as a power source, wind is inconsistent and intermittent, requiring inefficient and costly backup sources. In addition, various negative environmental externalities make wind power far from “environmentally friendly.” (Cascade Policy; Nov. 18, 2008)
- False Renewable Energy Job & Economic Benefits Claims - Gross overstatements of job creation and other economic benefits are often the result of twelve common flaws and faulty assumptions that are either purposely or inadvertently made by those who prepare the analyses, studies and reports that allege big benefits. (Cohocton Wind Watch)
- UK wind farm plans on brink of failure - Planning delays, long delivery times, escalating costs, 10-year hold-ups in connection to the national grid and technical problems in building offshore windfarms, all threaten to derail Gordon Brown's ambitions. The result could be electricity shortages by 2020, failure to meet climate change and energy targets and possible hefty fines from Europe. (Guardian.uk; Oct. 19, 2008)
- Strong wind destroys Searsburg wind turbine - A blade on one of the 12 Searsburg wind power turbines flew off during a recent windstorm, hitting the tower the turbine sits on and destroying it completely. "They don't make them this size any more." The Green Mountain Power project remains the only operational industrial scale wind project in the Vermont. (Rutland Herald; Oct. 15, 2008)
- Wind Energy: Unreliable, Heavily Subsidized - Problems with wind energy have been the same for 40 years and little has changed to modify any of this. After 40 years of heavy subsidies, dedicated government research programs (wind mills just aren’t that complex), wind energy is still a small marginal source of unreliable energy. (Hawaii Reporter; Oct. 14, 2008)
- Windfarms: One of the great deceptions of our time? - The total power generated by all the 2,300 turbines so far built in Britain, is less than that contributed by a single medium-size conventional power station. (Telegraph.co.uk; Sept. 13, 2008)
- Wind Fuels Gas - Wind turbines generate electricity very irregularly, because the wind itself is inconsistent. Therefore wind turbines always need backup power from fossil fuels to keep the electricity grid in balance. Gas turbines respond quickly and can be turned on and off almost instantly. (Wall Street Journal; Sept. 11, 2008)
- Beware the wind energy hot air - The real innovation here is the well-coordinated manipulation of public perception. The Pickens media campaign focuses on independence from foreign oil, and he is just one among many who have tried to convince the public and policymakers that there is a connection between wind-generated electricity and oil, which is hardly used for electricity. (Roanoke Times; August 14, 2008)
- Wind Action - Industrial Wind Action was formed to counteract the misleading information promulgated by the wind energy industry and various environmental groups. Support for this effort comes from a large and diversified group of environmentalists, energy experts, and ordinary citizens.
- Cost Of Wind Power Turbines Is SkyRocketing - "The price of offshore turbines rose 48 percent to 2.23 million euros ($3.45 million) per megawatt in the past three years, according to BTM Consult APS, a Danish wind power consultant. By comparison, land-based rotors cost 1.38 million euros per megawatt after rising 74 percent in the same period." (TreeHugger; May 21, 2008)
- Industrial Wind Energy Opposition
- Bluff and bluster: The campaign against wind power - Anti-wind campaigners are succeeding in creating anxieties in rural communities by claiming that wind has major environmental impacts and technical limitations. (Online Opinion; Feb. 23, 2005)
- Country Guardian - A UK conservation group which, since 1991, has campaigned against the construction of wind turbines in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Wound Up Over Windmills - Gov. George Pataki has taken drastic measures to help combat energy-supply problems and decrease the Empire State's ecological footprint; but many residents are not happy about widespread plans to install wind farms. (Wired; Jan. 6, 2006) (See Slashdot discussion)
- Lightning at wind farms 'could start fires' - Direct lightning strikes on wind farms could create power surges that damage the electricity network and start forest fires, according to campaigners against the proliferation of turbines in Scotland. (Scotsman; Aug. 20, 2004)
Reply: "Think of how many hits the electric grid take each year. There are miles upon miles of electric wires strung around that lightning can hit - and has." -- Sheldon
- A Campaign That's For The Birds - Environmental activists, once reluctant to take on an industry that provides an eco-friendly alternative to fossil fuels, are suing nine wind farm operators. The reason: migrating birds are being killed by the fast-rotating turbine blades. (CBSNews; July 6, 2005)
- Wind companies sued over bird deaths - California environmental group seeks to force the operators of one of North America's largest windmill farms to take steps to reduce the number of birds killed in the turbines' propellers. (Reuters; Nov. 4, 2004)
- Birds Not Being Killed by Wind Farms-Ecologist - Installations are actually benefiting their local ecology in Denmark. (Yahoo News; Nov. 25, 2004)
- Will Wind Power Change Earth's Climate? - Recent wind power study models the effects of introducing massive amounts of wind farms into North America. According to their results, while still having only 1/5th the impact of fossil fuels, wind power will still adjust the earth's climate with the equatorial regions warmed while the arctic grows colder. (Slashdot; Nov. 10, 2004)
- Xionyx and James Rivera - " The company name was Xionyx and was listed as part of a Nevada Corporation known as Apostle’s, Inc. and I Really Wish I Had That, Inc....I have researched James Rivera on the State of Nevada Secretary of State website and found multiple listings for windpower companies under his ownership. It now appears that he has used the windpower game to extract money from people in the past. Here is a listing of those companies and their initial corporate filing dates: International Power and Light: 3/28/2000 Fresh Winds International: 3/1/2005 Apostles Inc.: 6/18/2007 Almighty Wind, Inc.: 2/25/2008 Almighty Wind International, Inc."
- This site also shows a windmill that James doesn't own or control. The YouTube videos were private videos shot of the inventor, Brad Sorensen describing his prototype. I had invested in this concept as well during the scam I outline on this website." (Lloyd Meador)
- Featured: Wind / Electromagnetic > Boswell
Boswell Power Production Unit Runs Continuously Even Without Wind - Finally, we may have found a 24-7 clean energy device that is available for purchase, capable of powering a home (3 kW), yet looks like a conventional device. Company claims a few hundred have been installed since late 2007. (PESN; Mar. 11, 2009)
- News:Wind | 2010 | 2009 | 2008
- PowerPedia:Wind power | PowerPedia:Wind Turbine
- Directory:Wind:Past Developments
- Directory:Wind:Offshore | PowerPedia:Offshore Wind Power Drawbacks
- Directory:Wind Farms | PowerPedia:Windfarms
- Directory:High-Efficiency Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines
- Directory:Home Generation:Wind Turbine
- Directory:Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
- Directory:High Altitude Wind Power
- Directory:Wind Augmentation
- Directory:Power Via Atmospheric Pressure Differences
- Directory:Humdinger Windbelt
- Directory:Wind Power in the United Kingdom