PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Water Fueled Car - Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan inventor, Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe, has come up with a super-efficient electrolysis method that allegedly enables a small vehicle to travel 80 kilometres on just one litre of water, without any danger to life or any impact on the environment.
- "The specialty of my invention is its ability to produce this energy from water with a minimal electric current of barely 0.5 amperes, which was not possible earlier." -- Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe
There is an allegation that this claim is a fib.
Looking. Let us know if you find it.
How it Works
According to the the young inventor, the generator he has designed is capable of running a motor car for 80 kilometres using only one litre of water, without any danger to life or any impact on the environment.
The energy required to power the vehicle is produced by the splitting off of H2O (water) into separate Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules, of which the former is burnt according to a specified ratio to produce the energy needed to power the engine.
"The technology of using water to produce hydrogen gas has been existing for the past 60 years. In certain countries, water-powered vehicles have also been produced using Hydrogen found in water.
The specialty of my invention is its ability to produce this energy from water with a minimal electric current of barely 0.5 amperes, which was not possible earlier," Thushara says.
Thushara, on his test run of the water-powered car has travelled all the way to Anuradhapura and back on mere three litres of water, a journey that would have cost several thousand rupees on a petrol or diesel vehicle.
"This generator could be fixed to any petrol or diesel vehicle with suitable adjustments depending on their cylinder capacity. While Hydrogen is 1000 times faster than petrol, the exhausts of water-powered vehicles consisting of water vapour are also entirely eco-friendly. Using water as opposed to oil that react with lubricating oil would also extend the life of the vehicle," he adds.
- Water Fuelled Car from Srilanka!! - Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe, the inventor of the generator capable of powering a vehicle using water explaining the technology behind his creation to Prime Minister Ratnasiri Wickramanayaka at Temple Trees. (YouTube; July 19, 2008)
Inventor: Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe
In the News
- Sri Lanka - Water car story didn’t hold water - The suspect, Mohotti Arachchilage Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe of Athurugiriya, was arrested by the Kirulapone Police after investigation of a complaint by Dadallage Nalaka Silva on October 13, that the suspect had defrauded him of Rs. 1,104,693.72 by promising to start a business involving the conversion of petrol cars to water powered ones. (Aussie Indo Lanka; Oct. 16, 2008)
- Groundbreaking invention from Athurugiriya youth' - "The specialty of my invention is its ability to produce this energy from water with a minimal electric current of barely 0.5 amperes, which was not possible earlier." Thushara says. (Sri Lanka News; July 16, 2008)
See Discussion page
Meeting 10 Aug
I would like to inform you that his name is Mr. Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe and he became famous for that invention, but later some people claimed that it is a fib.
Give me one week will get back to you with more information as your request. I will meet that person personally and get the information.
The distance between Colombo (the capital in the South East) and Anuradhapura (Central North) is 206 Km or 128 miles. The water-powered car traveled to Anuradhapura and back on three litres of water. Three thousand (3,000) grams of liquid water were broken down into hydrogen and oxygen gas by the special electrolysis process and then recombined back into H20 molecules by combustion inside the motor (with the subsequent production of heat energy) to be released as water vapor in the exhaust during the 412 Km or 256 mile round trip. If 0.5 A (amperes) were used at 12 VDC (volts direct current), this means that the input energy electrolysis expenditure was at a rate of 6 watts (Power = Voltage x Current = 12V x 0.5A = 6 watts) which is less than 0.01 or one hundredth (1 %) of one horse power (100 x 6/746 = 0.8%), a seemingly small amount.
Each HP (horsepower) of energy produced is equivalent to 746 watts (electrical equivalent of 550 foot-pounds per second) so the chemical energy produced by the recombination (combustion) of hydrogen with oxygen within the ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) greatly exceeded the input energy required for the hydrogen-oxygen bond separation needed by the special electrolysis process discovered by Thushara.
- Directory:Water as Fuel
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency Explanations#Hydrogen
HYDROGEN PRODUCTION AND STORAGE
- Directory:Hydrogen Production
- Directory:Hydrogen from Water
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Hydrogen Storage
- Directory:Water as Fuel
- Directory:Hydrogen Vehicles | PowerPedia:Hydrogen vehicle | PowerPedia:Hydrogen car
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars