- Featured / Top 5: Sterling Allan's Presentations > Utilities >
Exotic Utility Power Solutions (23 Mb PowerPoint download) - Material Sterling provided to a public utility in New Brunswick, Canada, exploring exotic free energy possibilities, with emphasis on utility-scale solutions above the 1 MegaWatt output capability, fairly close to availability. (FreeEnergyNews; January 7, 2014)
Featured Utility-Scale Renewables
- Directory:Solar > Stirling Energy Systems utility solar - 20-year purchase agreement between Southern California Edison and Stirling Energy Systems, Inc. will result in 20,000+ dish array covering 4,500 acres capable of generating 500 MW, at a cost competitive to grid power.
- Directory:Wind > Wind Farms - Wind farms present an economy of scale, enabling them to produce electricity in the price range of grid power.
- Directory:Solar > International Automated Systems - Utility scale solar presently in process of being commercially installed for first time; alleged to produce electricity at 3-5 cents per kilowatt-hour. Highly-efficient bladeless turbine has wide range of waste-heat-harnessing applications. Methanol production technique will draw CO2 out of the environment, reversing global warming.
- Waste-to-Energy / Plasma >
StarTech Environmental Corp Plasma Tech - Startech is a publicly traded waste-to-energy plasma arc technology company. They presently have three 5 ton/day installations in operation, with a number of other plants in various stages of implementation. A 200 ton/day plant being scheduled for Panama will be the largest such plant in the world.
- Directory:Nuclear > Focus Fusion - Purports to be a far more feasible and profoundly less expensive approach to hot fusion, in contrast to ITER. Lawrenceville Plasma Physics' is developing the Plasma Focus Device for hydrogen-boron nuclear fusion. 4-7 years to commercial. 1 cent / kWh anticipated energy generation cost.
- Batteries > Vanadium Redox Batteries - Low cost, low environmental impact battery that has a superior deep cycling life and can be mechanically refueled in minutes. Suitable for green energy storage, backup power, electric vehicles and utility load leveling / peak shaving.
- Directory:Tidal Power > Blue Energy - Company now implementing its technology commercially. Turbine design, which acts as a highly efficient underwater vertical-axis windmill, could product energy for as cheaply as two cents per kilowatt hour, well below commercial grid energy wholesale prices today.
- Lohrmann International Recycles Power Plants - Company focuses on the worldwide mobilization of power components and complete plants (including renewable) for power generation of all sizes (from 1 - 1000 MW) electrical/thermal output and all configurations. Used equipment is more inexpensive, is available quickly, and has a proven performance record.
Utilities Resource Pages at PESWiki
- Other Directory listings
- PESWiki home page