PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
Directory:Thomas Townsend Brown
Thomas Townsend Brown, (1905-1985) an American physicist, was a leader in developing theories concerning the link between electromagnetic and gravitational fields theorized by Dr. Albert Einstein. He advanced from theory to application with the development of solid and disc-shaped apparatuses which are believed to have created and utilized temporary, localized gravitational fields. (ref)
Brown's work became very controversial due to the similarity between his work and what is believed to be the propulsion method of some observed UFO's. His name is also often mentioned in the same breath as the so-called "Philadelphia Experiment," as a possible candidate along with Nikola Tesla, A.L. Kitselman and Dr. Einstein. (ref)
The apparatus looked like an over-sized window-fan, or, rather, the disembodied window box itself. A three-foot square wooden frame stood perched on a triangular base that rose from the floor next to Dr. Brown’s desk. Stretched horizontally across the front of the box were dozens of parallel metal strips and wires that resembled Venetian blinds. But there the resemblance to a window fan ended; behind the panels there were no whirling blades and no electric motor. Nevertheless, air poured silently and steadily through the baffles.
Finally convinced that his guest was sufficiently amazed, Dr. Brown explained how an electrically induced force-field moved the air, describing how the electrical field “squeezed? the air, “the way your fingers would squirt a watermelon seed.?
Then Dr. Brown flipped another switch, and suddenly the fan became a loudspeaker, with clear, bright, undistorted sound pouring through the baffles without any kind of cone or magnetic coil to move the air.
Dr. Brown then explained that since the fan/speaker had no moving parts, there was no distortion, and so the frequency range could go well beyond the range of any kind of conventional loudspeaker. And he explained how the speaker could be constructed in a set of matching pairs, one acting as a transmitter, the other as a receiver.
...Dr. Brown watched him, with an impish, quizzical look on his face as Morgan sorted through the possibilities, slowly grasping the implications of what he was seeing and hearing.
“So, if there’s no limit to the frequency, you could use this as a communications device… you could send a signal with this, and nobody else would be able to hear it, huh??
Dr. Brown just smiled at Morgan. “Nope,? he said, putting his glasses on and going back to work.
(ed: other names: Electro-Hydrodynamic Fan. the name of the eventual commercial product out of which the Brown family has not benefited: Ionic Breeze Air Purifier.)
The type of the device was a electrostatic air purifier, a device that could move air without moving anything else. No motor, no whirling fan blades. Just turn it on and the air moves through it, driven by an electrical charge that pulls out impurities before the air is propelled out of the system. As with all of Townsend Brown’s inventions, the idea was simple, novel, and elegant.
“The Fan? was just one application of the basic discovery that Brown made when he was a teenager, a phenomenon still referred to as the “Biefeld-Brown Effect.? Besides its application as a fan and air purifier, the effect could also be applied in the form of a loudspeaker, which Brown also developed at different times during his life.
The same effect that could propel air through the plates of his air purifier, when amplified with tremendously high voltages, could produce lift and propulsion in a variety of metal discs and other objects, causing them to levitate and fly.
Images copyright 1986-2007 the Townsend brown Family
- List of public domain patents
- List of patent applications (copyright 1987-2007 Townsend Brown Family)
- Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown (publication pending)
- Anti-Gravity / Propulsion > T. Townsend Brown >
Project Montgolfier: Report of T.T. Brown Paris Experiments - Note the recent publication of the original reports of the 1955-58 experiments into the Biefeld Brown Effect in Paris between the Societe Nationale de Construction Aeronautiques du Sud-Ouest (SNCASO, later Sud Aviation) and Thomas Townsend Brown. (ProjectMontgolfier.info)
Qualight.com (Qualight, L.L.C. Systems)
TTBrown.com (Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown)
Sept. 28, 2005
Today, I uploaded and linked to Chapter 2: No Moving Parts, which introduces the instrument that would one day become the ubiquitous "Ionic Breeze" air purifier.
I have also re-written the Preface and renamed it "Down The Rabbit Hole." Yes, Virginia, that is the name of the first chapter of Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," and, as you'll gather from the new version, the title is justly stolen.
Also, if you have not already, I encourage you to read Dr. Theodore Loder's white paper entitled "Outside The Box," which is a very comprehensive summary of much of the discussion about "black world" experiments with anti-gravity and zero-point energy devices (or use this link to download the .pdf file). I spent an hour on the phone with Dr. Loder today and will perhaps report on that conversation in a subsequent post.
- Biefeld-Brown effect - The Biefeld–Brown Effect, or Townsend Brown Effect, originally discovered by Thomas Townsend Brown (USA) and confirmed through discussions with Dr. Paul Alfred Biefeld (Switzerland) is "manifested as a departure from the Coulomb Law of electrostatic attraction, in that the opposite forces are not equal. The negative electrode appears to chase the positive electrode [emphasis added], so that there is a net force of the system (dipole) in the negative-to-positive direction" (T. Townsend Brown, 1977).
Townsend Brown worked with numerous apparatuses over the years including an electrostatic air-purifier (the Sharper Image IonicBreeze is a direct decsendent of this apparatus). The effect observed in this apparatus is more widely referred to as electrohydrodynamics (EHD) or sometimes electro-fluid-dynamics, a counterpart to the well-known magneto-hydrodynamics. Small models lifted by this effect are sometimes called 'lifters;' whose movement is often erroneously credited to the Biefeld-Brown Effect rather than ionic wind.
- Anti-Gravity > Biefeld Brown effect >
Experimental Test of the Biefeld-Brown Effect - I have decided it might be a good idea to report the results of my antigravity experiment that was conducted way back in 2002 or 2003. Please note that it is my opinion that my experiment confirms the possible existence of antigravity." -- Robert W. Koontz, Ph.D., Experimental Nuclear Physicist, Former Member, US Military Intelligence (DoctorKoontz.com; December 1, 2010)
- Reactionless Force Engine attempt - Borbas Miklos presents his field propulsion engine claim. "To removing ion-wind, I put my drivers into hermetically closed jars. They are still moving!"
- [Ken Rauen points out that Változat "does not give a proof that the insulation over the electrodes drop all the voltage between the opposing electrodes."]
- Testing the Miklos thruster - Borbás Miklós has detected a force which appears counter to the typical 'lifter' theory. His device is a simple ping-pong ball with a high voltage discharge element inside. He says the device generates a propulsive force which is not due to air movement caused by ion flow (ion-wind).
- Free Energy Inventors index at FreeEnergyNews.com
- Directory:Best Exotic Clean Energy Technologies
- News:Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
- Template:Tesla footer
- Directory:Galactic Sea of Energy
- Directory:Grand Unified Theories | Directory:Aether Physics Model
- Directory:Electric Universe
- Directory:Fractal Antennas as an Energy Source
- Directory:Electromagnetic (overunity)
- Directory:Motor-Generator Self-Looped with Usable Energy Left Over
- Directory:Magnet Motors | News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
- Directory:Pyramid Power
- Directory:Quantum Particles
- Directory:Solid State
- Directory:Solid State Generators | PowerPedia:Solid State Generator
- Directory:Toroidal Power
- Directory:Power from Ambient Electromagnetic Radiation
- Directory:Gravity Motors
- Directory:Reverse Engineering UFO Craft
- Directory:UFOs | PowerPedia:UFO
- Directory:Nazi Bell
- Site:LRP:The UFO Documentation
- PowerPedia:Tesla's Flying Machine
- PowerPedia:Tesla's Dynamic Theory of Gravity
- Repulsive gravity within the hydrogen atom
- Antigravity within the photon
- Directory:Ionic Thrust
- Directory:Emdrive (Electromagnetic Space Drive)
- Directory:Thomas Townsend Brown | PowerPedia:Thomas Townsend Brown