PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Taylor Wilson, Nuclear Physicist
Physics, the most-loathed class for many high school students, is teen scientist Taylor Wilson's greatest passion. In fact, he even goes so far as to compare his work with radioactive substances to a love affair.
As of April, 2012, 17-year-old Taylor Wilson told CBS News: "When I hold something that's radioactive, it's kind of an indescribable feeling. It's kind of like when I'm with my girlfriend."
Taylor started researching nuclear power and radioactivity in fifth grade, according to his parents. At 14, Taylor became the youngest person ever to create nuclear fission, and now he is in the process of building his own nuclear reactor.
In his lab in the basement of the University of Nevada, Reno physics department, Taylor routinely handles radiation. He also taught a graduate-level nuclear physics course at the university last semester.
In the News
- Nuclear > Fusion >
Taylor Wilson: Yup, I built a nuclear fusion reactor - Taylor Wilson believes nuclear fusion is a solution to our future energy needs, and that kids can change the world. When he was 14, he built a working fusion reactor in his parents' garage. Now 17, he takes the TED stage at short notice to tell (the short version of) his story. (TED; March, 2012)
- Teen Physicist Taylor Wilson Makes Advances In Nuclear Safety (HuffingtonPost; April 4, 2012)
- Directory:Nuclear | PowerPedia:Nuclear power
TYPES OF REACTORS
- Directory:Cold Fusion | PowerPedia:Cold Fusion | Site:LRP:Cold Fusion | News:Cold Fusion
- Directory:Noble Gas Engines | Template:Noble Gas footer
- Directory:Thorium Reactors | PowerPedia:Thorium Reactors
- Directory:Resonant Nuclear Reactor
- PowerPedia:Nuclear fission
- Directory:Andrea A. Rossi Cold Fusion Generator
- Directory:Focus Fusion
- OS:Heat Source Unit Nuclear Reactor
- Directory:Toshiba's Micro Nuclear Reactor
- Directory:Large Hadron Collider
- Directory:Hot Balls Chemical Nuclear Reaction
- Directory:Hortong Electron Orbit Energy Generator