PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directory:Surge Motor Technology by Troy Reed
In around 1994, Troy Reed claimed to have a fuelless, pollution-free motor with around 7 kilowatts of output, powerful enough to run a house or a car. The technology received a flurry of high-level interest, including major media. Actor and co-inventor, Dennis Weaver organized a cross-country demonstration.
The technology was apparently hampered when Troy's wife and VP of the company divorced and moved to Costa Rica. Reed admitted on tape in 1999 that he had not achieved self-sustainability.
From 1980-1995, Troy allegedly built a generator that allegedly was powering his own home (and some of the neighbors when the power went out). Usually it put out around 15-30 kW, but it was capable of putting out 70 kW.
As of 2006, the son, Mark, is doing other things, but would eventually like to resurrect the "Mach II" version of the magnet motor, for which he has the full blueprints that he drew.
New Energy Congress member, Nora Maccoby, has prevailed on Troy Reed to attend the July 26-29 ExtraOrdinary Technology conference in Salt Lake City; and to see if he can't throw together one of his prototypes on short notice to display at that event.
Reed admited on tape that the magnet motor was not yet self-sustaining.
- "Electric Vehicle Surge Technology: No Batteries, No Gas" - based on other information, this footage was probably shot in around 1994. (YouTube; May 26, 2007)
Screengrabes from Video
- Dec 15, 1990: Reed demonstrates his technology before reporters: the 1 st prototype of the magnetic surge motor.
A producer in Hollywood said to Sterling D. Allan on July 15, 2007:
- "I have a one hour exclusive video with Troy Reed that I filmed back in '99. How about I give it to you for the upcoming site, it had all his goodies in it.
- "The Motor didn't really sustain itself when I was there but it seemed promising. He is a very bright guy and a great machinist.
- "Troy dropped this back in 2000 in favor of some new battery technology that he sold to Duracell or some other battery giant.
- "I played with this unit and have my own footage... He admits his defeat to me on tape about making it self sustaining. Essentially a flywheel with a solenoid. It had alot of promise but the battery stuff he was developing was pretty amazing."
WO9010337: Magnetic Motor
- A magnetic motor is driven by the repelling forces of fixed and rotating magnets. The rotating magnets (22, 32) are mounted equally spaced about the perimeter of a disk (20) which rotates as the flywheel of the motor. Stationary magnets (18, 28) are supported adjacent the rotating magnets (22, 32). There are four injector pins (76A, 76B, 76C, 76D), much like the common injector pins on ball point pens, which are set and released by an injector pad (48A, 48B, 48C, 48D) driven by the crankshaft (14) of the engine. The crankshaft (14) and flywheel are driven by the repulsive forces created by the fixed and rotary magnets (22, 32) with the injector pin system (34, 36, 38, 40) operating to kick the crankshaft (14) and the flywheel over center.
US 5,742,111: D.C. electric motor
- US 5,742,111; D.C. electric motor; April 21, 1998
- The commutator segments for a d.c. electric motor includes one or plurality of slots which improves horsepower at less amperage.
- USP Application # 2003 066830 "Magnetic Heater Apparatus and Method" (4-10-2003)
Company: Surge Power Corporation
Name listed on patent.
Inventor: Troy Reed
Born in around 1937.
On Mar 17, 2006, Troy's son, Mark, allegedly wrote:
- "The problem that happened is that Troy (Dad) and Evelyn, his wife at the time and VP of the company, got a devorce while dealing with a company to manufacture the base product.
Of coarse egos got in the way along with financial problems. I think Evelyn has moved to Costa Rica.
- "Some of the technology did make it into the EZGO golf cart. A lot of other issue between Reed Technology’s and other company that where in negotiations.
- "Dad has been working on some other project that may some day come out.
- "As for me I had to go back to work to make a living but in the back of my mind I still want to build the second generation of the magnetic motor that was named the Mach II, which I still have the original plans I drew up so 10 years ago. The Mach II was designed to have around 400 HP at 1500 RPMs. I am listed as the co inventor of this motor; and maybe some day I can get back to it. Many people in the “Free energy�? groups like Richard has seen the base plans for this next generation motor.
- "But with the issue that happened, who know when this project will continue.
- "Sorry to all of you that were involved and where let down."
Co-inventor: Dennis Weaver
Weaver died in 2006 at the age of 81.
- Environmentalist Actor Dennis Weaver dies - Dennis Weaver was one of the first major actors to speak out for the environment and put his money where his mouth was. As an environmentalist he made a documentary about alternative vehicles. (TreeHugger; Toronto; Feb. 27, 2006)
In the News
- "Troy Reed" Surge motor - nothing recent
- http://www.rexresearch.com/reed/reed.htm - extensive coverage
- Reed Magnetic Motor - Troy Reed of Tulsa, Oklahoma is such a person. ... Reed, 57, has also invented an automobile called "Surge" that employs his new technology. ... "powerful enough to turn a 7,000-watt generator". (KBMorgan.com; April 14-27, 1994)
- Peter Lindemann on "The World of Free Energy" (March 1, 2001) makes these two claims:
- "Troy Reed (USA) has working models of a special magnetized fan that heats up as it spins. It takes exactly the same amount of energy to spin the fan whether it is generating heat or not. Another method uses magnets mounted on a wheel to produce large eddy currents in a plate of aluminium, causing the aluminium to heat up rapidly. These magnetic heaters have been demonstrated by Muller (Canada), Adams (NZ) and Reed (USA). All of these systems can produce ten times more heat than standard methods using the same energy input."
- http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pes_surge/ - eGroup formed on July 15, 2007 to discover update information about this technology and track it; possibly to replicate it and bring it to fruition.
"I believe millions were poured into this project; but like the number 1 reason why these types of technologies don't get up is they dont work. They do not live up to there claims and in many cases are scams to take money from people. I live in hope to see some one deliver the goods but so far no go.
"I see flaws in the demo video. The light should have been left to run for hours..and there is a far cry from a draw on a single light bulb and running an electric car.
"His electric car seemed to have a pretty standard electric car set up; and he didn't explain where the surge technology device was. That blue device looks like and electric motor driving the transmission."
Nothing Working in 1998
On July 16, 2007, NEC member, Terry Sisson wrote:
"I visited Troy back in 1998. After driving a couple thousand miles, when we arrived he could not show us a unit working. He showed us all of his prototypes which were the result of many people investing hundreds of thousands of dollars; yet even today, I doubt that Troy can show us one that works to his claims."
Meant Well, but Not Legit
On July 16, 2007, Randy Ziesenis <zmanusa2(at)yahoo.com> wrote:
Dennis Weaver had a big HEART. He funded some of my technology for years. Over that time, I went with him to Troy's place in tulsa. It was very easy to see that Troy thought it would work, but there was no way that I could see. I told Dennis numerous times he was wasting his money. Evelyn, Coned a lot of people into puting money into Prime Bank scams and other BIG RETURNS deals. She stills owes me 1,000 for personal loan, when everything went belly up some time in 1995-97??, and she took of with the King Pin behind the Prime Bank scam.
http://www.greatspiritearth.com go to water research.
Some of my patents were written by Dr Bill Tiller and I'm the original inventor of the Clarus QLink and Built the orginal Black Boxes for them.
list here, if known
- Troy Reed
- Near Muskogee, OK
Note: As of July 27, 2009, Sterling D. Allan has the cell phone number for Troy Reed, to be used with discretion.
- You can pass 640-461 and VCP-510 within days using latest 646-205 and other resources of Avaya Certification; you can get a wonderful booklet for Testking VCP-511.
- Directory:Best Exotic Clean Energy Technologies
- News:Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
- Template:Tesla footer
- Directory:Galactic Sea of Energy
- Directory:Grand Unified Theories | Directory:Aether Physics Model
- Directory:Fractal Antennas as an Energy Source
- Directory:Electromagnetic (overunity)
- Directory:Motor-Generator Self-Looped with Usable Energy Left Over
- Directory:Magnet Motors | News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
- Directory:Pyramid Power
- Directory:Quantum Particles
- Directory:Solid State
- Directory:Solid State Generators | PowerPedia:Solid State Generator
- Directory:Toroidal Power
- Directory:Power from Ambient Electromagnetic Radiation
- Directory:Gravity Motors