PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Solar lighting is a lighting resource powered with solar energy. As lighting is one of the largest consumption of energy. Solar lighting will save great amount of energy for us.
- Featured: Solar / Lighting / Emergency Preparedness >
Hybrid Solar Flashlight an ideal Christmas gift - Flashlight has two batteries: one retains charge from solar or other bright light input, lasting 10 hours with a full 8-hour charge. The other is a lithium battery as back-up for when the solar battery is low. Super rugged. Dependable in emergencies. (PES Store; Dec. 6, 2008)
- Applied Innovative Technologies - NightStar® LED Magnetic Force Shake Flashlight is the perfect emergency flashlight - waterproof, no batteries, bulbs or maintenance required.
- MiniWIZ’s Solarbulb Turns Bottles Into Lamps - The Solarbulb is a brilliant solution that provides light while making use of old plastic bottles. Simply attach it to any ordinary bottle and the 0.18 W solar cells will provide up to 6 hours of continuous night lighting. (Inhabitat; Jan. 8, 2009)
- 500 Solar Flashlight Give Away - SunNight Solar developed, with the assistance of the Space Alliance Technology Outreach Program, supported by NASA, shaped by specific field work on their prototypes in Africa in the harshest conditions by scientists from the US Department of Energy and funded by research grants from the Rockefeller Foundation — they offer the next generation of portable, reliable and environmentally friendly lights for nightly use, for camping and outdoor activities, and a product which should be in every family’s emergency preparedness kit. (Digg; July 21, 2008)
- Solar Lighting >
Solar Bric to Light Your Path (or Runway) - Product includes advanced solar cells, storage capability, and a crystal lighting system. The bricks can be imbedded in construction materials. The light is automatically activated after dark. (Sunrise Solar)
- Solar > Applications / Lighting >
Tiny Solar Pebble Can Replace Kerosene Lamps in Rural Africa - In the poorest regions of the world, exposure to kerosene kills one person every 20 seconds. Plus Minus Solar has designed the Solar Pebble to replace kerosene lamps. It is small, portable, inexpensive and can provide light as well as charge small electronic devices. (PESWiki; Apr. 5, 2010)
- Solar Nest - Aishwarya™ solar powered compact flourescent lamp provides 7-9 hours of uninterrupted lighting after a full charge, or 2-3 hours for a one day charge, for camping, fishing, power outages and relief operations.
Conducting Sunlight Indoors
- Solar / Lighting > Solar Lighting >
Light Ambassadors bring cheap solar lighting through bottles (Video) - By easily embedding a plastic or glass bottle in the tin roofing, dwellings in impoverished nations are transformed from dark to light. The water in the bottle diffracts the solar light, sending it in all directions, like a 55-W bulb -- for free. Thousands of dwellings are being simply transformed. (Isang Litrong Liwanag . org)
- Cool Light on Hot Days: Fiber Optics Bring the Sun Indoors - Piping in sunlight without using electricity is a win-win proposition for the ecosystem and human society. Both home and business customers anticipate energy savings and a more pleasant indoor environment. (PESN; July 27, 2005) (http://www.sunlight-direct.com/)
- Nature's Lighting SunTracker - The SunTracking Daylighting System produces up to nine times more light than a passive skylight and distributes light more evenly over a wider area, without worrying about heat gain. It delivers light early in the morning, late in the afternoon and all winter. Electricity costs for lighting can drop to zero during the 12 hours a day it reflects light indoors.
- EGIS - Heliostat reflects sunshine in a constant direction all day using a two-axis-rotor solar-tracker and a big mirror. This allows natural sunlight and heat to enter deep into the north side of a building, reducing energy consumption for lighting and heating.
- Parans Solar Lighting - Sunlight is collected and concentrated by solar panels with an array of optical lenses mounted on roofs or facades. It is brought into the building through fiber optic cables and then flows out through luminaires. Exchanging half of a building’s electrical lighting for Parans Fiber Optic Solar Lighting can lower the energy costs by 20 – 25 percent.
- Sunshine Solar Products Sales site for outdoor lighting for home & garden, decks, patios, powered by solar. "Improve your surrounding, help the environment while saving money with our durable, efficient, affordable solar lights and solar products."
- The completely unpowered night light - Lunabrite glowing strip lights recharge fully in the sunlight and glow for between 3 and 12 hours after dark without ever needing batteries or electricity. It's completely child and pet-safe, non-toxic, weather- and UV-resistant and anti-microbial. (GizMag; Jun. 21, 2007)
- Kazekamome™ Remote Hybrid System - The RHS is a standalone lighting standard that needs no wiring, no electricity, no underground maintenance and generates its own electricity totally from renewable wind and solar sources, to provide security lighting and freedom from blackouts.
- Sony Prototypes Lanterns Using Dye-sensitized Solar Cells - Sony crafted dye-sensitized solar cells into the pattern on the lamp's lateral shade panels so that the lamp can generate power by itself. (Tech-On!; Dec. 12, 2008)
- Solar Electric Power Company - SEPCO commercial solar electric lighting products include street lighting, billboards, traffic control, sign lighting, bus shelters, phone booths and warning lights, all powered by the sun.
- Sunshine Solar Products-- Sales site for outdoor lighting for home & garden, decks, patios, powered by solar. "Improve your surrounding, help the environment while saving money with our durable, efficient, affordable solar lights and solar products."
- Seacoast Lighting (.com) - Company based in New Hampshire, U.S., features outdoor solar lighting solutions, with many new colors and styles, including security lighting.
- Solar Outdoor Lighting - Solar powered lights for streets, parking lots, pathways, transit shelters, billboards and signs and other lighting applications that benefit from being independent from the electric grid. Reliability, security and safety, as well as minimal maintenance are the greatest benefits of SOL solar lighting.
- Solar Lighting - Greenshine New Energy Co., Ltd. specializes in developing and manufacturing customized street lighting and street lamps for a wide range of lighting applications.
- SolLight - Solar powered LED lights for home, camping, boats, travel, emergencies and power outages.
- SolarCFL.com - Manufactures of 12V DC solar lamps .
Research and Development
- Solar > Applications > Freeways >
Solar Roadways Prototyping Video - The Solar Roadways project is working to pave roads with solar panels that you can drive on. Co-founder Scott Brusaw has made some major steps forward since our first visit back in 2007, so we visited him again earlier this year for an exclusive update on the project, including the first ever video recorded of the Solar Roadways prototype! (ConsciousMedianNetwork; June 18, 2010)
- Solar Roadways Awarded DOT Contract to Pave Roads with Solar Cells - In a first step toward turning highways into energy-generating solar panels, the Idaho-based startup Solar Roadways has recently received a $100,000 grant from the US Department of Transportation (DOT). The company will use the money to build a prototype of its Solar Road Panel, made from solar cells and glass, that is meant to replace petroleum-based asphalt on roads and in parking lots. (PhysOrg; Sept. 7, 2009)
- Solar Roadways - The Solar Roadway™ is a series of interconnected glassified Solar Road Panels™ that you actually drive on. The idea is to replace all current asphalt roads, parking lots and driveways with 12 square foot Solar Road Panels™, each producing an average of 7.6kWh per day. (Solar Roadways; Nov. 17, 2008)
See also Directory:Energy from Roadways
- Directory:Light Emitting Diodes
- Directory:Home Generation:Lighting
- Directory:Solar Applications
- Directory:Solar - index of resources
- News:Solar (current) | 2010 | 2009 | 2006-2008
- PowerPedia:Solar Energy - Encyclopedic review of history and future
- Directory:Solar Energy Research and Development
- Directory:Solar Problems
- Directory:Concentrated Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Infrared Harvesting
- Directory:Solar PhotoVoltaics
- Directory:Solar Thermal
- Directory:Home Generation:Solar Heating
- Directory:Thin Film Solar
- Directory:Solar:Photosynthesis Imitation
- Directory:Solar Paint
- Directory:Dye Solar Cells
- Directory:Solar Tower
- Directory:Floating Solar Chimney
- Directory:Space Based Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Sails
- Directory:Solar Windows
- Directory:Plastic Solar Cells
- Directory:Silicon - more efficient uses, alternatives, methods
- Directory:Black Silicon
- Directory:Synchronous Solar Heliostat
- Directory:Solar:Installation and Consultation
- Directory:Solar Applications
- Directory:Solar Hydrogen
- Directory:Walipini Underground Greenhouses
- OS:Solar Ethanol - distiller design
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
- Directory:Solar Pavement - black-body absorption of the asphalt