PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Solar cooking resources.
- Global Sun Oven - Durable, portable oven reaches as high as 400°. Great for environment, energy conservation and emergency preparedness. 19" x 19" x 11" unit costs around $250.00 with shipping; includes black cooking pot.
- Featured: Store Solar > Cooking >
Global Sun Oven Videos - I've been selling the Sun Oven for more than a decade and was pleased to see these new videos produced by Paul Munsen, President, introducing and demonstrating the capabilities of the oven. 1. What is the Global Sun Oven? 2. Emergency Preparedness; 3. Pots and Pans; 4. Even, Non-drying Heat; 5. Dehydrating; 6. Hot Water; 7. Additional Resources. (PES Store; July 2012)
- Featured: Store > Sun Oven >
GLOBAL SUN OVEN® Frequently Asked Questions - While having a Sun Oven for emergency preparedness is important, the real benefit comes from regularly using it. This FAQ page is to help you know how and why to use the oven. (Energy Stork; Feb. 25, 2009)
- Featured: Store Solar > Cooking >
- Tulsi Hybrid Solar Oven - Makes solar cooking more practical, with its electrical back-up, switching automatically between solar and electric power, depending on sunshine availability. Uses 75% less energy than a conventional oven. Costs $323.99 including shipping.
- Cardboard Box Wins $75K Prize - Dubbed the 'Kyoto Box', this $6.60 solar cooker, winner of the Financial Times' Climate Change Challenge, was made by placing insulation (straw or newspaper) in between the two boxes; placing foil inside the first box and painting the inside of the second box black, both to help with heating; an acrylic cover goes over the top. (TreeHugger; April 9, 2009)
- Solar Fire Project - Powerful enough to bring a liter of water to boil in 5 minutes, Solar Fire Technologies are do-it-yourself machines, on the same level of complexity as a bicycle. Built using common tools and techniques and with off-the-shelf materials (even in the developing world) and mirrors, they have been designed to be cheap, powerful and accessible to as many people as possible.
- Solar Cooking.org - Provides a broad range of information on solar cooking and related activities. Includes plans for solar cookers; the role of solar cookers in development, environmental, social and health issues; directories of international organizations promoters and manufacturers; news; photos and drawings; resources, books and supplies; an e-mail discussion group, and links.
- World's Largest Solar Kitchen - The solar kitchen has been set up at Taleti, India near Mount Abu, situated at a height of 1219 m above sea level in Rajasthan. The food is cooked in 200-400 liters capacity cooking pots, producing an average of 20,000 meals a day, and up to 38,500 meals per day during periods of peak solar radiation maximum. (Inhabitat; March 18, 2008)
Open Source Projects
- Featured / OS: Solar > Cooking >
Satellite Dish Solar Cooker - When you finally get sick of mainstream media, don't ditch your dish, convert it to a solar cooker and let it pay you back with free cooking power of the sun. These are also available commercially. A collection of instructional videos. (PESWiki; August 31, 2009)
- Steven E. Jones Solar Funnel for Cooking - Prof. Steven E. Jones (of 9/11-demolition fame) presents a method for building a cooking device that is safe and low-cost, easy to make, yet very effective in capturing the sun's energy for cooking and for pasteurizing water. Requires cardboard, tin foil, black paint, and a mason jar.
Torg's Solar Oven
- Ask Torg: Dr. Torg demonstrates us how to make a solar oven using discarded political signs, tin foil, cardboard, and duct tape. (YouTube; April 24, 2008)
- Torg is part of our Safe Haven intentional community project.
- Review of Solar cookers - Dr Ashok Kundapur presents a review on the Solar Cookers of the world, with classification, comments on each and proposes new procedure for testing them.
In the News
- Store] > Sun Oven
Cooking with the power of the sun - LaRue Howells first bought a Global Sun Oven a year ago to be prepared for an emergency, but now she uses it a few times a week, all-year round and shares her knowledge with members of her church. "We baked bread when it was 17 degrees outside." (KSL TV; March 13th, 2009) (PES sale price: $249)
- Directory:Solar - index of resources
- News:Solar (current) | 2010 | 2009 | 2006-2008
- PowerPedia:Solar Energy - Encyclopedic review of history and future
- Directory:Solar Energy Research and Development
- Directory:Solar Problems
- Directory:Concentrated Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Infrared Harvesting
- Directory:Solar PhotoVoltaics
- Directory:Solar Thermal
- Directory:Home Generation:Solar Heating
- Directory:Thin Film Solar
- Directory:Solar:Photosynthesis Imitation
- Directory:Solar Paint
- Directory:Dye Solar Cells
- Directory:Solar Tower
- Directory:Floating Solar Chimney
- Directory:Space Based Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Sails
- Directory:Solar Windows
- Directory:Plastic Solar Cells
- Directory:Silicon - more efficient uses, alternatives, methods
- Directory:Black Silicon
- Directory:Synchronous Solar Heliostat
- Directory:Solar:Installation and Consultation