PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki:  Finding and Facilitating the Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies







    

Directory:S.D.E. Energy Ltd.

From PESWiki

(Redirected from Directory:S.D.E. Energy Ltd)
Jump to: navigation, search
<< A Top 100 Energy Technology >>

Top 100


S.D.E. Energy Ltd. is a Tel Aviv, Israel manufacturer and marketer of Sea Wave Power Plants - utilizing sea wave energy to produce electricity economically, and in an environmentally-friendly manner claiming that their system can generate electricity for 2 cents per kWh -- nearly half of what coal or natural gas power plants can produce it for.

Basically, the buoys are placed on a breakwater and they move up and down, according to the frequency of sea waves. The buoys' movement press a hydraulic liquid, which is regulated by systems that convert the energy to circular systems that operate an electric generator.

The buoys, which make 10% of the system, are placed in the water, and the rest of the whole system, which makes 90%, is set on land with the option being located on up to 500 meters from sea shore. In the event of storms, the system is easily accessible for technical service. Additionlly, the buoys are neutralized and laid down on the jetty or the shore.

Contents

About

Official Websites

Interview

  • Download (13 Mb; mp3) - On May 19, 2008, Sterling D. Allan conducted a 1-hour, live interview with S.D.A. Energy Ltd. executives: Aaron Bezalel, Marketing Manager; Shmuel Ovadia, inventor and Managing Director; Michael Zak, a Utility Power Generation Engineer; and Mr. David Mula, an Electrical Engineer; as part of the Free Energy Now radio series.

Video

(27 seconds)

  • Ocean Wave Machine by S.D.E. Energy Ltd. - Wave buoys shown in action. (YouTube; May 18, 2008)

Latest Developments

list here

Nov. 2006

S.D.E.'s development and testing has been approved and partially financed by the Chief Scientist of Israel. Currently, the company is in late stage negotiations for the sale of power plants, with a projected value of several billion dollars. S.D.E. is seeking capital investments to construct the plant in Israel, to meet current demand for power plants using S.D.E.'s technology, and for current and future marketing efforts worldwide for this technology. [1]

According to Tree Hugger, SDE is set to build the first wave energy harvesting power plant of its kind in Sri Lanka. According to a company press release, S.D.E. recently began talks with Sri Lankan officials to construct and install a 200 MW power plant at an estimated cost of $130 million. If negotiations are successful, they say, the plant will be the first of its kind to produce electricity at a commercial quantity from sea waves. [2]

How it Works

Shmuel Ovadia, Managing Director of SDE Energy, said: "Our system is built on one side of wave gatherers, which can also serve as breakers. It is composed of a system of channels of hydraulic oil, whereby the rise of the pistons creates pressure on the hydraulic oil. The hydraulic oil is accumulated in a pressurized container and is then directed toward a hydraulic motor. This energy turns an electrical generator, which produces electricity."


SDE describes their system as follows:

A method of using sea wave motion to generate hydraulic pressure, which is then transformed into electricity. The system takes advantage of the wave's speed, height, depth, rise and fall, and the flow beneath the approaching wave, thus producing energy more efficiently and cheaper than both other sea-wave and conventional technologies which require vast amounts of land space. The system has a potential to produce a net of 38kWh per meter of beachfront occupied (worldwide average).

  • Wikepedia - A buoyant metal plate is attached at one side to a concrete seawall. Waves press the plate up (in a cantilever action) and drive an hydraulic ram. The hydraulic system is connected to a hydroelectric system.

FAQ

Q. How does the wave interface portion adjust for tide level? 
Our system has a hydraulic mechanism that lifts and lowers the buoys automatically, according to a tide level of up to 5 meters.
Q. How does the wave interface portion couple to hydraulics securely in a violent environment? 
The method we offer is the best in the world and can withstand very high pressures. We have built 8 models in Jaffa port, near Tel Aviv, in sea environment of 8 meter waves.
Q. Would a tsunami destroy the installation? What about hurricane/cyclone storm surge? 
In the event of a tsunami/hurricane/cyclone, the buoys are lifted automatically and placed on their back near the beach, until the storm is over.
Q. What kind of opposition will the visual element create? How much will this limit installations? 
Our system is the only one in the world, in which the buoys are placed on the sea water level and they make only 10% of the whole complex. The rest 90% of the system – the generators, hydraulics and automation – is located on the beach in an approximate distance of 500 meters from sea front.
Q. How are you going to turn highly irregular wave action into a stable energy source? 
We use hydro-pneumatic batteries, which regulate the circular movement. The important thing is to keep the movement of the generator regular.

Manufacturing Cost

According to SDE:

Manufacturing cost for a 1MW system is from US$ 650K and production cost is the lowest in the market. The erection cost of a 1MW S.D.E. station is from $650,000 while a comparable station costs $1,500,000 from coal, $900,000 from natural gas, $1,500,000 from solar sources, and $3,000,000 from wind. Using S.D.E. technology, production of electricity is 2 cents, compared to 3 cents from coal, 3.5 cents from natural gas, 12 cents from solar energy (when is that without subsidies?), and 3.6 cents from wind.

Stage of Develpment

According to The Energy Blog, dated Nov. 2006:

Eight energy modules have been built and tested. A full-scale oceanfront model was operated in Israel and produced 40 kW/h for 8 months. According to an undated presentation, available on their website, the next step in their development may be:

  • Constructing and Operating a Power Station in Ashdod, Israel. – The power plant is expected to be built within 36 months.
  • It has been assumed that the power plant will be operated during 75% of the year with an output of 90%.
  • As agreed with the national electric company, the sale price of 1 kW/h will be 5.25¢.
  • The expected annual revenue from a 10MW power plant is approx. $3.1 million with a net profit of $1.6 million.
  • The initial investment for a 10MW power plant is $6 million (including additional expenses) and ROI within 3 years.
  • S.D.E. has been granted a license without a tender by the Israeli Ministry of Industry and Trade to build a 50MW power plant which will operate for 20 years.

According to SDE the expected annual revenue from a 1000MW power plant operating at 90%, with output 75% of the year is approx. $310 Million, and net profit of around $160 Million. The system is designed to return the initial investment within three years.

Patents

list here

Company Profile

As of May, 2008, the company says they have received orders from all over the world at a total amount of approximately $3 billion USD. Currently, they are working for financing the projects.

They have formed 4 subsidiaries and 6 more are underway.

The pilot project was approved and funded by the Government of Israel, after it had been checked civil electrical engineers and found unique.

"Currently, we have a NASDAQ shell company, we have received almost for free. We are interested to finance its initial expenses, which total at an amount of 1 million Euros." -- May 6, 2008

History

SDE wave energy technology was developed to provide protection to marinas, beaches, and private property subject to destructive or annoying wave / wake forces together with the utilization of wave energy. SDE wave energy proposes to use the technology as a "wave filter" in order to reduce the damaging effect of waves on the coast and convert it to energy. The construction has hydrodynamic and practical advantages as compared to "normal" breakwaters. [3]

Opportunities

"SDE is currently looking for agents and representatives throughout the world." (November 4, 2006 )

In the News


  • Ocean Wave > Buoys > S.D.E. Energy >
    SDE Has Finalized The Construction Of The First Sea Wave Power Plant - The first large-scale sea wave power plant, in Jaffa Port in Israel has shown itself to be an improved version of earlier test prototypes. One of eight earlier test models operated successfully for two years. The Israeli government has granted S.D.E a concession without tender to produce and sell 50MW of electricity for 20 years. (Energy Daily; Aug. 2, 2010)
  • Israeli company to build sea wave power plants in China - S.D.E. Energy has signed an agreement for selling sea wave electricity power plants in China. The first commercial, full-scale model of the system, capable of generating 40 electrical kilowatts (eKW) has been working successfully for a year and is located at the Jaffa Port in Tel Aviv-Yafo.(ISRAEL21c; July 10, 2008)

Comments

See Discussion page

Too Many Moving Parts

On Apr. 15, 2010, MsFishty wrote:

Having worked offshore for many years now in a marine technical environment, I have to say that this device has too many moving parts, and is vulnerable to heavy seas. Survivability would in my opinion be very poor. The modeling may work quite well on a computer and test tank, but that's as far as it goes. Sorry!

Contact

Email: abe@shani.net
Tel: 972-3-7397107 , Fax: 972-3-6319239
Skype : sde2of, sde1sh

See also

HYDRO FOOTER

- Other Directory listingsLatestA-IJ-RS-ZTreeNews
- PESWiki home page

Personal tools

Departments
Sponsored Links

Support
Toolbox