PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
The following page is an archive page, as of Feb. 10, 2008. The alphabetical listing has since been updated so that there is a separate page for each letter of the alphabet.
- Scott F. Hall -- Free Energy Savant? - In one week's time, using the simplest of materials, he builds an electrostatic motor, a flywheel, and two gravity motors that work.
- SA thin film solar eclipses others - South African solar panels consist of a thin layer approximately five microns thick (a human hair is 20 microns thick) of a unique metal alloy that converts light into energy at a fraction of the cost. The photo-responsive alloy can operate on virtually all flexible surfaces.
- Hall's Gravity Motor - After studying Bessler and other's designs and compiling the principles, Scott Hall whipped out a design, cut it out of wood, and it worked.
- Scott F. Hall's Magnet Motor from Kitchen Stuff - Video at YouTube shows a continuously-running gizmo composed of a conglomeration of things found in his kitchen, including a can of dog food, tooth picks, refrigerator magnets, a pencil, spring clips, and a small corner cut out of a box.
- Screw-Magnet Motor Crude Prototype - Four rows of screws, off-set around a cylinder, appear to cause the cylinder to spin when a holder of four neodymium magnets is brought close to it.
- Scuderi Split-Cycle Air Hybrid Engine - Claims potential to double fuel efficiency for same size engine, while reducing the manufacturing price by 50%. Because it very similar to existing ICE technology, existing manufacturing infrastructure can be used for rapid deployment. Presently licensing to qualified manufacturing interests.
- S.D.E. Wave Power for $0.02 per kWh - S.D.E. Energy Ltd. in Tel Aviv, Israel uses shoreline wave action combined with cantilever connected to hydraulics to run a generator. Commercially ready; in process of implementing.
- Sea Solar Power - The 80 degrees F surface water in the tropical oceans serves as the heat source and typically 3,000 feet below the surface is the heat sink or the cold bottom water, which is 40 degrees F. This temperature difference or delta T is sufficient to operate vapor turbines, which drive generators and produces electricity and fresh water as a byproduct.
- Searl Effect Generator (SEG) - SEG generator capable of cheaply and safely producing electricity without fuel, pollution, friction, or noise. Anti-gravity effects also involved.
- SEBCAR = Super Efficient Battery Charger and Re-energizer - Claimed over unit achieved with a variant, rotorless version of Bedini-SG motor-energizer. Never validated.
- Sexaholism: Resources for Energy Researchers to Heal from Sex-related Addictions - Pornography etc. scavenges productivity, wrecks marriages, shatters trust, violates the innocent. A how-to page explains how sex addiction arises and how to completely heal from it.
- Power-Generating Shock Absorber - The Power-Generating Shock Absorber (PGSA) converts kinetic energy into electricity through the use of a Linear Motion Electromagnetic System.
- Shults' 6 kW Concentrated Solar System - Technology combines solar hot water panels with one large fresnel lens to flash the hot water to steam for running a turbine to generate 6 kW of electricity, all for around $6,000, with an ROI of 3-5 years.
- Sink-to-Toilet Combo - A simple way to optimize water usage without setting up a costly gray water system. The sink uses the inflow of water headed to refill the toilet bowl. You can therefore use the water twice by washing your hands in it before it fills the bowl. One-size-fits-all retrofit available.
- Sion Power - developing a new generation of rechargeable lithium-sulfur batteries for mobile electronics and electric vehicles. Based on the five times higher energy available from sulfur ions compared to other lithium chemistries, SION POWER's cell offers significant improvements in capacity, operating temperature and discharge rate.
- SkyBuilt aims to be the Dell of renewable energy systems - Uses rugged shipping containers as foundation for made-to-order designs for quick deployment in off-grid applications.
- Skystream - The Skystream 3.7 wind generator is the very first fully-integrated wind generator designed specifically for the grid-connected residential market. With no batteries, Skystream 3.7 connects directly to the home to supply power. When the wind is not blowing, the home is powered by the electric utility.
- Solar Hydrogen - Index of technologies that produce hydrogen from solar energy conversion.
- Solar Hydrogen Energy Corporation (SHEC) Labs - has developed a process that will convert landfill and other waste methane into clean hydrogen, using the power of the Sun for the reformation, at a price comparable to traditional hydrogen production methods.
- Solar Pavement - Featuring the general concept of pumping water through pipes in pavement to use the black-body absorption of the asphalt to collect solar heat and transmit it to the water.
- Solar Towers - Resemble an inverted funnel, with a wide, clear skirt to collect air to then turn a turbine in the tower. A 50 kW prototype in Manzaneres, Spain is the basis of several ramp-up designs presently under way, with towers nearly 1 km high.
- Sorganol Biofuel - Sorganol® is ethanol made from sweet sorghum. Sweet Sorghum may be the best alternative fuel crop to grow in the continental United States for the production of ethanol. It converts sunlight directly into sugars, eliminating the costly starch to sugar process. These sugars are converted into ethanol at nearly zero fossil fuel inputs.
- SpiralAirFoil Wind Turbine - Patent pending design put forth by Dan Parker is in the R&D phase, with expectation of going to market next year.
- Somender Singh's Design to Improve Turbulence in Combustion Chambers by Creating a Vortex - Singh says a radical design change in the face of combustion chambers, by forming grooves, channels or passages through the squish areas, will further enhance in-cylinder turbulence followed by multi flame front combustion, as contained in his US Patent 6237579. Do-it-yourselfers might consider cutting some grooves to approach the effect.
- Sliver Solar Cells - New manufacturing process developed at the Australian National University uses as little as one tenth the amount of hyper-pure silicon as in square solar PV technology. Manufacturing plant is complete, and process testing is underway. Commercial modules projected to be available by mid 2007.
- Space Heaters - Efficient home heating options including electric panel heaters, multi fuel furnaces, pellet stoves and earth tubes.
- Sprain claims over unity magnet motor - Electromagnet is used to pump the rotor past the magnetic lock-up point, to keep it spinning. Inventor claims that the amount of energy required to provide this kick is less than the amount of energy produced by the torque. U.S. patent awarded Oct. 2005.
- Stanley Meyer - Developed super-efficient electrolysis process said to produce 700% more energy than it consumes without raising the temperature of the water. Murdered.
- StarRotor continuous-cycle engine - Highly efficient process could eventually replace present internal combustion design. Five U.S. Patents. Several prototypes.
- StarTech Environmental Corp Plasma Tech - Startech is the only publicly traded waste-to-energy plasma arc technology company in the world. They presently have three 5 ton/day installations in operation, with a number of other plants in various stages of implementation. A 200 ton/day plant being scheduled for Panama will be the largest such plant in the world.
- StatoEolien Vertical-Axis Wind Turbine - The power curve of this French design is surprisingly different than power curves for conventional turbines because the output increases until the velocity of the wind is above the lower hurricane levels.
- Solid State > Steven Marks' Toroid Power Units - Five 1997 videos of several solid-state TPU prototypes posted. Small unit (6" diam x 2" high x 1" thick toroid) is shown powering a 100W bulb, a 3-amp drill, a television, and a small vacuum. Said to harness the power of the Earth's electromagnetic field.
- Stores - New energy stores.
- Stationary Heliostat for Solar Energy Reflection - William A. Rhodes presents synopsis of three of his expired patents that describe a mirror arrangement enables tracking of sun without movement of parts.
- Steorn Free Energy Challenge - In process of researching more efficient micro generators, Irish company developed a system that produced more energy than it consumes. Issued a challenge to the world scientific community today to validate and publish test results.
- Stephen Kundel's Motor - Video of second version prototype shows a quickly vibrating motor, with electrical input. As it accelerates, less electrical input required. Over-unity not documented.
- Stirling Energy Systems - Developing equipment for utility-scale renewable energy power plants and distributed electrical generating systems. Their most remarkable achievement is the recent contract with Southern California Edison to install a 4,600-acre solar system that will generate 500 megawatts.
- Sully Direct Current - In process of discovering new ways to do electrolysis, inventor John Timothy Sullivan derived a new current type: not DC, not AC but SDC -- Sully Direct Current.
- SunCone (Inflatable) boosts efficiency and lowers price - Made of an aluminized film (e.g. nylon or Mylar) with a transparent film over the end facing the sun, the SunCone, by Barnabus Energy, maintains its shape through air pressure.
- Supermag - Enigma G.C.'s "SuperMag" allegedly uses manipulated magnetic fields to generate electricity sufficient to power the needs of a home or office building and provides clean electrical power for free to the consumer after the initial cost of the purchase and installation of the system. "The first beta proto-type should be ready next year and is to be tested by an independent research lab over the following year to fully evaluate its performance and capabilities."
- SuperTech fuel saver - Super Tech® is a catalyst device that is immersed in the fuel tank, where it emits infrared and electromagnetic waves. These waves apparently affect the way that the fuel molecules interact with each other, allowing a more favorable combustion of the fuel, resulting in 6% to 12% savings and reduced emissions. Extensive documentation.
- Suppression of Energy Technologies -- Specific Cases - Directory page of specific instances of energy technologies, inventors, and groups being suppressed. 38-plus instances compiled by New Energy Congress member, Gary Vesperman.
- Fuelless "Surge" Motor Technology - In around 1994, Troy Reed claimed to have a fuelless, pollution-free motor with around 7 kilowatts of output, powerful enough to run a house or a car. The technology received a flurry of high-level interest, including major media. Actor Dennis Weaver organized a cross-country demonstration. What happened to the technology?
See also Directory:S
- Tankless Water Heaters - designed to heat the water as the water flows through
- Tel Aviv Nano Battery - Nano battery developed at the University of Tel Aviv in Israel, is as thick as a strand of hair and holds up under extreme heat.
- Telesis Magnetic Motor with Superconductor Shielding - prototype built, but not working; says that materials were not adequate.
- Tesla Motors Inc. - Tesla Roadster is 100% electric, not hybrid. Four wheel drive (in-wheel motors) make it faster than most sports cars; and it has a 250+ mile range. Major VC backed ($40 million) company will be showing off the car July 12, 2006 in Santa Monica.
- Tesla Society - An index of the various Tesla Societies worldwide, including new Utah group; with invitation to start your own local group for social mingling with others who are interested in cutting-edge, clean energy technologies in the tradition of Nikola Tesla.
- Tesla Turbines - Bladeless Boundary Disc : Rather than using blades and friction, the Tesla Turbine uses parallel, closely spaced disks that tap viscosity. Aerodynamic skin adhesion effect resists fluid or gas flow between plates, resulting in energy transfer to the shaft. Technology works but is yet to break into marketplace.
- Testatika Electromagnetic Generator - Includes an inductance circuit, a capacitance circuit, and a thermionic rectification valve. Alleged free energy machine harnesses energy from the aether. Also known as the Swiss M-L converter or Thesta-Distatica.
- Theo Jansen's StrandBeest Kinetic Sculptures - Modern-day DaVinci-like genius has been building various contraptions that walk along via the power of the wind. Made from commonly available tools like plastic tubing, cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, hose, and tape, they combine engineering with art.
- Thomas Valone, Ph.D. - Academically strong inventor, lecturer, author in the fields of free energy, propulsion, and bioelectric healing.
- Tidal and River Turbine by University of Southampton - The University of Southampton's minimalist design significantly reduces the number of moving parts, and is fully assembled prior to installation, reducing costs. Estimates five years to commercialization.
Under patenting process,TWPEG is a unique Energy Conversion Device capable of converting Tides and Waves motion directly to rotary motion to turn a generator always in the same direction. TWPEG is scalable in size depending on sea depth, from knee deep water to any reasonable depth, provided there is some waves. TWPEG can produce 2kW per metre square of sea surface. A very crude prototype has been tried and has performed well.
- Tony's Guide to Fuel saving gadgets - Professional of "10 years in the car industry" who has had extensive exposure to a wide berth claims, gives specific itemization of reasons why he thinks most all fuel additive and carburetor enhancement claims do not work as advertised.
- Torbay's Magnetic Transgenerator - Inventor from Argentina presents a free energy device via the repelling power of magnets, the deviation of the lines of magnetic force, and a complex mechanical system for controlling the acceleration, speed and power.
- Tornado in a Can - Invention by Frank Polifka pulverizes items down to micrometer powder. The energy-in-versus-energy-out ratio defies known laws of physics. Several applications now in place.
- Toshiba Builds Household Nuclear Fusion Reactor - Toshiba has developed a new class of nuclear reactor 100 times smaller than a standard reactor. These micro sized nuclear reactors could be used to power large houses, apartment blocks or some city blocks.
- Total Spectrum Solar Concentrator - First concentrates the solar energy via parabolic reflectors, then splits the light through a prism to focus the wavelengths onto solar collectors optimized for a given spectrum.
- Tilley Foundation, Inc - Company claims self-charger capable of powering a car or home, allegedly reviewed positively by U.S. goverment. Company founder, Carl Tilley, has documented history of fraud, which has manifest in company statements, such as that GE offered to buy the technology "site unseen" for 2 billion dollars.
- TMA Global Wind Energy Systems - Vertical axis wind turbine design creates pull on the back side contributing to 40%+ wind conversion efficiencies, doesn't kill birds, runs more quietly, doesn't need to be installed as high, blends better with landscape. Cost-competitive with the best horizontal axis propeller designs. Going commercial.
- Tom Ogle's 100+ MPG Fuel System - A young inventor who died at age 26 in 1981, demonstrated an ultra high mileage system in 1977, later patented, that used the engine vacuum to draw fuel vapors from a vapor tank, obviating the need for a conventional carburetor and fuel pump.
- Trans Information - Trans information is defined as any knowledge, idea, or theory derived via 'Extra Physical' means (including energy tech).
- Transmissions - Efficient designs for Continuously Variable Transmissions (CVT) and Infinitely Variable Transmissions (IVT) optimize engine efficiency, resulting in fuel economy improvement and reduced emissions. Hybrid models use electric motors or hydraulics for regenerative braking and energy storage.
- Traveling-wave Engine - Adaptation of Stirling engine uses heat differential and acoustics
See also Directory:T
- Underwater Electric Kite (UEK) Corporation - Low impact hydrokinetic turbines harness tide and river flow, without harming aquiatic life, requiring no dam or impoundment.
- United Nuclear Hydrogen Fuel System Kit - Convert fuel-injected gasoline-engine vehicles to run on hydrogen, while seamlessly allowing the vehicle to still run on gasoline. The kit includes solar or wind-powered hydrogen production, stored in a hydride, and released when heated. Kit release is being suppressed by the U.S. government.
- Using Green Algae to Produce Hydrogen from Sunlight - Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley have engineered a strain of pond scum that could, with further refinements, produce vast amounts of hydrogen through photosynthesis. The breakthrough also could have application in a wide range of products, from biodiesel to cosmetics.
- Utility Scale Batteries ...have finally reached a point of technological development in which they can be integrated into the grid to ensure a constant power supply; especially helpful for alt energy generation storage.
See also Directory:U
- Vanadium Redox Batteries - Low cost, low environmental impact battery that has a superior deep cycling life and can be mechanically refueled in minutes. Suitable for green energy storage, backup power, electric vehicles and utility load leveling / peak shaving.
- Valentin Technologies - The 130 MPG Car is a medium size 5-seat passenger car, driven by a Hydrostatic Powertrain. The free-piston internal combustion engine pumps hydraulic fluid into the accumulator that drives the wheelmotors in each wheel. The wheelmotors are reversed during braking and become pumps to recuperate the entire braking energy.
- Verdant Power LLC - A world leader in commercializing low-impact kinetic hydropower solutions, harnessing the energy from river, tide, and man-made channels. Prototype array is presently producing power for customers.
- Venture Capital Funds Investing in New Energy - A listing of most VC’s and angel groups that are investing in alternative energy. At the last big VC conference (Summer 2006), about 18% of funds said they were looking into alt energy.
- Venturi Automobiles - Features three electric models, including the Eclectic -- an urban 3-seater electro-solar or wind vehicle is the first production energy-autonomous vehicle in history. Eclectic takes advantage of moments of immobilisation to store energy in its NiMH batteries. It offers a range up to 50 km at a speed of 50 km/hr and can also be recharged from the grid in 5 hours. Production of 20 vehicles has commenced and 200 will be launched in June 2007.
- Tiny Generator Runs Off Vibrations - Researchers at the University of Southampton, UK, have developed an efficient, sugar-cube-sized electric generator that feeds on environmental vibrations, via the wobbling of several magnets attached to a millimeter-sized cantilever. The device could power small, low-power devices such as wireless sensors or medical implants.
- 'Free Energy' Videos - Index page of free access videos at Google Video, YouTube, and other places, that have to do with various cutting-edge, clean energy technologies, by inventors such as Tesla, Schauberger, Keely, and many others.
- Messias Machine - the Vortex Synergy Model - Model has particular interest inasmuch as it contains some explanation for unusual energy flow (thermal into kinetic), providing justification for Schauberger' s hypothesis of energy from swirling water.
- VortexValve Fuel Economy Add-on - Low-cost device modifies the way air enters an engine, increasing the efficiency of the burn, which increases mileage (between 10 - 30%) and performance, while decreasing emissions. Installs in 5-10 minutes.
See also Directory:V
- W2 Energy Birthing Affordable, Renewable Petrol - Imagine a gasoline and diesel source that is CO2 neutral, sulfur-free, derived from renewable sources, superior in its power performance to fossil-based fuels, and costs less than 1/7 of fossil-based fuels. The company has also built an engine to optimize use of the syngas portion of the product.
- Video: Waste to Energy -- an Overview (3:01 minutes) - A brief video by PES Network introduces the concept of cost-effectively turning garbage and sewage into energy, either as electricity or as fuel. Addresses methane harvesting, plasma, solar, and catalytic pressureless depolymerization.
- Video:Water as Fuel (via ZPE) (3 min) - While academia has been spurning the topic, hundreds, if not thousands of hobbyists and independent investigators worldwide are working on various electrolysis-like projects which put out more energy than was required to run the electrolysis unit.
- The Water/Fuel Converters Project > The Water/Fuel Converters Project Website An electrolysis initiative that sets forth to clearly establish the difference between Brown's Gas, Rhodes Gas, Oxy-Hydrogen, HHO, and the production methods thereof.
- H2O Batteries and Products - e.g. Tango Group product line utilizes a water-powered battery that consists of two electrodes made of special alloys, which, when immersed in water, the resulting chemical reaction produces electricity. Simply refill the battery as the water evaporates - typically every 2 to 3 months. The battery has a minimum continuous life of 2 years.
- Water Wall Turbine - Massive paddle wheel turns close to the speed of the water, not endangering the fish, while efficiently converting tidal flow into electricity. Installation cost in the range of 1000 USD/KW for a 40 MW unit, with 1 year to production. Energy production in range of 3 cents / kW-h. Moving parts are ~4 m above water.
- Wave buoys - Convert the ocean or sea wave energy into electricity. The flotation portion undulates with the waves, while a shaft fixed to the sea floor provides the counter-active force from which energy can be generated.
- Weather Control Technologies - Amateur and hostile weather-makers alike likely to lose their technology to the military.
- WhalePower Corp: Humpback flipper may be the key to better wind turbines - Features a blade design that mimics the aerodynamically efficient design of a humpback whale’s flipper, allowing a turbine to capture more of the wind's energy, and at much lower speeds.
- Whirl Power Turbine - Using principles of a tornado or vortex, this patent pending engine is said to capture most of the energy in flowing gases and delivers power to a rotating shaft in proportion to the fuel input. This is a True Rotor Power utilizing centrifugal force as well as compression and velocity for various RPMs and torque output.
- WhisperGen - a home combined heat and power (CHP) generation unit manufactured by Whisper Tech, is Currently in advanced market trial stage in Europe. Unit is probably the most advanced development of the Stirling Engine "external combustion" technology that generates movement from even small temperature gradients.
- Who Killed the Electric Car? - Mary-Sue reviews this film about how California's forward-looking environmental legislation met Oil-zilla.
- Why are Gas Prices So High? - Mary-Sue reviews book by Canadian author, that looks at a psychological component and solution to the greed that drives oil dependency.
- Wind Farms - Wind farms resent an economy of scale, enabling them to produce electricity in the price range of grid power.
- "Wind Tree" Electrical Generator - Imagine harnessing the power of hundreds of leaves fluttering in the wind. Richard Dickson is developing a passive wind harvesting technology that uses piezoelectric materials woven into textile-like material to form artificial leaves for a bio-mimicking "tree".
- Wireless Transmission of Electricity - Index of technologies.
- Wuling Sunshine: G.M. is green in China with small, thrifty vans - Mass-produced vehicles delivers 43 mpg in China, having a quarter the horsepower of American minivans, weak acceleration and a top speed of 81 miles an hour.
See also Directory:W
- X Prize Automotive - The Automotive X PRIZE (AXP) announced a list of teams competing to build and bring to market 100 MPG or higher fuel economy vehicles that people want to buy. Those that qualify will race their vehicles in rigorous crosscountry stages that combine speed, distance, urban driving and overall performance.
- X1 Electric Race Car - High performance X1 electric race car humiliates Ferrari and Porche both off the line and in a 1/4 mile. All with a 150 mile range, and recharge time of 4.5 hours.
- XDOBS Renewable Cooling and Water from Air - The XDOBS night radiant condensation system is a water-from-air extraction system and air conditioner that does not use any external electricity or fuel. The company is entertaining licensing agreements.
See also Directory:X
See also Directory:Y
- Zeitgeist - Index of annual energy technology reviews and other energy trend reports.
- Zeolite - Porous crystalline solids used as a catalyst for efficient fuel processing, environmentally friendly air conditioning, green energy storage, waste filtering and emissions reduction.
- Zero Point Energy - Claims to working energy technologies that tap the theoretical zero point. Potential role of nanotechnology in proving and implementing quantum phenomenon for stolid state energy generation from 'the wheelwork of nature'.
- Zotloterer Gravitational Vortex Power Plant - Mini-power plant is simple to construct, has a turbine efficiency of 80% but is safe for fish due to low turbine speed. The gravitational vortex hydro technology can be applied with water drop as little as 0.7 meters. The cost for installation of the prototype was close to $1/watt capacity.
- Generator from Ambient Air by Kim Zorzi - Inventor from Ultralight America proposes a multicylinder air type engine, which is different from previous systems in that it has a regenerative tank. Zorzi alleges that this will enable the system to repressurize itself, drawing its energy from ambient air heat.
See also Directory:Z