PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directory:Harry Paul Sprain magnet motor
This is not a true all-magnetic motor insasmuch as an electromagnet is used to pump the rotor past the magnetic lock-up point, to keep it spinning. The inventor claims that the amount of energy required to provide this kick is less than the amount of energy produced by the torque.
|This is a new page!|
- not yet
Mr. Sprain told Stefan Harmann (Feb. 2006):
- I have been working on this project for 4 years. I have spent a little under a million dollars. I have a patent and a working prototype (see attached photos). The rotational force is measured using a torque sensor that allows me to put it under load just like a real generator. I have measured the energy going into the electromagnet voltage and current. It comes from a digital power supply so there is no guessing as to what is being used. I'm using a super perm alloy core for the electromagnet. A digital encoder controls the firing of the electromagnet.
This is the first OVERUNITY magnet motor released to the public ! It produces more mechanical power than needed electrical input power for the electromagnet. It is the video from Mr. Paul Harry Sprain. I had signed NDA for it and now he has released it to the world !
It is simular to the Takahaski design and Mr. Sprain has got a patent for it.
The electromagnet at the end of the spiral stator switches for 28 Milliseconds the field to zero flux density, so the rotor can escape the stator fields.
For the rest of the rotation circle the rotor is purely accelerated into the track. All magnets are in attraction mode, stator and rotor magnets ! This is so far the best magnet motor shown.
Congratulations Mr. Sprain for this success for presenting the first overunity permanent magnet motor to the world !
P.S: It is a spiral like permanent magnet stator and a pure permanent magnet rotor.
U.S. 7,265,471; issued September 4, 2007; Apparatus and process for generating energy
- Energy is generated by an apparatus and process which utilize magnetic forces to move a rotor in a circular direction to turn a rotor shaft. This apparatus and process convert magnetic energy into mechanical force or electrical energy.
- Motor Spinning (706 kb, avi) - Rotor arm has to be started by hand, with difficulty [pushing past magnetic resistance]. Accellerates after it starts, but spins fairly slowly at a nominally constant speed. Electromagnetic input required to get it past the magnetic lock-up point of the permanent magnets. It is underload
In Feb. 2006, Paul Sprain reported his results as:
- .6 Nm at 10 radian/sec = 6W
- 19.8v @ 1.9A = 37.62W each pulse is 28 milliseconds = 1.05 W per pulse 3 pulses per sec = 3.1W total input
- "...There is good reason to investigate the accuracy of the measurements. A general rule of thumb is to have the accuracy of the instruments be 10 times better than the measurements made. The accuracy of his measurements are unknown and could easily be found to be 3 W in, 3 W out. I can't tell you how many times magnetic motor claims passed under my nose have ended this way... It is crucial to establish the results of this close race VERY CLEARLY." -- Kenneth M. Rauen, PES Network Inc., Science Advisor; and New Energy Congress founding member. (Feb. 23, 2006)
- Of course the best proof of excess energy coming into the system is if you can somehow make it self run and provide excess power. -- Sterling D. Allan (SilverThunder 00:00, 24 Feb 2006 (EST))
- I agree with Kenneth Rauen on this. Measurements must be made very carefully. I further recommend that measurements be made in WORK units instead of POWER units. So, input measurements for a timed run can be made in watt-seconds and output measurements can be made with a dynamometer and reported in foot-pounds or Newton-Meters. -- Peter Lindemann, DSc Feb. 23, 2006
Magnetic Flip-Flop opens gate
"If these guys (and others doing similar research, like Bedini) truly are getting over unity, and it isn't just a measurement error due to an unusual electromagnetic phenomenon, then it probably has to do with something that is happening to alter normal magnetic flux at the point where magnetic lock-up of the magnets is overcome by the proper electromagnetic pulse. Perhaps that sudden flip-flop is the gate to the inflow of external energy from ___ (fill in the blank: zero point energy? magnetic energy? gravity? or something else not even named or conceived yet?)" -- Sterling D. Allan (SilverThunder 10:06, 23 Feb 2006 (EST))
The following comes from http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg11755.html
Re: Sprain Mag Motor
[posted by] hohlrauml6d
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:42:20 -0800
- "I saw convincing evidence of 6 Newton-meters produced by 3.2 Watt-seconds. The electrical energy was displayed on a good digital oscope. The inventor used the conservative values for V and I in his Ws calculation. We actually ran several tests. He filters out high frequency components on his electrical input which actually makes the Ws calculation more conservative.
- "He uses a custom made torque measurement device from Lorentz something from Germany. I was a bit concerned to learn that it used a Hall effect device until they agreed to hold a neodymium magnet near the transducer with no apparent effect.
- "I have no doubts that he has spent the near $1M he claims on the development. He showed me several prototypes. He went public Wednesday with the prototype. I was person number 5 to request a viewing. They asked me lots of trick questions. I got most of them right." (Terry)
I would not give this one too high of a rating in the top 100 technologies, based on these considerations:
1) low total power involved, we do not know whether it would scale to useful size
2) possible confounding of input/output currents
3) nothing close to commercial application available as yet.
Sepp Hasslberger (Feb. 23, 2006)
- Featured: Electromagnetic / Magnet Motors >
Flux Boosted Dual Induction Split Spiral Motor only 25% Efficient - User Honk over at OverUnity.com has posted a bunch of photos and videos from a project he did last Spring building a version of the Flux Boosted Dual Induction Split Spiral. Though unfortunately the results were not anywhere near overunity, which is what he was hoping for, it does show amazing machining ability – definitely deserving of honorable mention. (PESWiki; December 16, 2010)
- Radu Electromagnetic Motor - Vadu Vacarescu has build a Sprain-like electromagnetic motor, using a spiral arrangement of magnets around a rotor, then using an electromagnet to get the rotor past the magnetic stick point. Is his claim of a COP of 4 a measurement error? (PESWiki; Mar. 25, 2008)
- Patent officer comments on Sprain magnet motor - USPTO examiner says that there is nothing in the Sprain motor patent that speaks of an over unity scenario. Examiner says that patents that do make such claims are automatically sent to a special department at the patent office to handle. (March 8, 2006)
See Discussion page
Post here the theoretical model that tells where the supposed excess energy is coming from, and how.
In the News
- Overunity magnet motor released! - Stefan Hartman calls it "the first real overunity motor generating more mechanical output than needed for the electromagnet to kick the rotor over the sticking spot." (ZPEnergy; February 22, 2006)
- Directory:Best Exotic Clean Energy Technologies
- News:Best Exotic Free Energy Technologies
- Template:Tesla footer
- Directory:Galactic Sea of Energy
- Directory:Grand Unified Theories | Directory:Aether Physics Model
- Directory:Fractal Antennas as an Energy Source
- Directory:Electromagnetic (overunity)
- Directory:Motor-Generator Self-Looped with Usable Energy Left Over
- Directory:Magnet Motors | News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
- Directory:Pyramid Power
- Directory:Quantum Particles
- Directory:Solid State
- Directory:Solid State Generators | PowerPedia:Solid State Generator
- Directory:Toroidal Power
- Directory:Power from Ambient Electromagnetic Radiation
- Directory:Gravity Motors