PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine
- "I'm not an engine design engineer, I'm a leading visionary and proponent who has followed the exotic clean energy sector for nearly a dozen years looking for real solutions. Raphial is the closest thing I know to a modern Leonardo da Vinci. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a reincarnation -- but this time having learned some lessons about who to trust. I've also found some amazing coded prophecies that point to Raphial as not just a great inventor, but one destined to help launch the new world we've all been dreaming about -- power to the people, a people who have chosen to put on strength in the Lord." -- Sterling D. Allan (November 16, 2013)
The MYT™ (Massive Yet Tiny) Engine by inventor Raphial Morgado, is an internal combustion engine of new design that features multiple firings in one cycle, producing enormous torque in a small area.
The MYT™ Engine features 40 times higher power-to-weight ratio, low parts count, low maintenance, high mechanical efficiency, and low pollution. It is poised to benefit applications including airplanes, ships, 18 wheelers, SUVs, passenger cars, and even down to carry-on power generators. The MYT™ Engine, as a pump/compressor, also exceeds existing pumps/compressors in providing massive pressure, volume, and flow; all in one unit.
The first prototype model, which first ran on diesel but was later converted to run on compressed air (for indoor demonstrations), exerts 850 cubic inches of displacement even though the size is only 14" diameter by 14" long, weighing 150 lbs, compared to 3000 lbs for a comparable engine of conventional size capable of that much power output.
As of Summer 2012, the company is presently working on a 6" diameter motor, which could be built inexpensively by machining, without the cost of casting, for its first beta testing units.  They are also considering a geothermal application of the pump/compressor version of the engine.  On the side, as a hobby, Morgado is pursuing an Angel Flight Pack that would enable personal flight for as long as an hour.
- http://www.angellabsllc.com/index.html - Angel Labs, LLC. "The MYT (Massive Yet Tiny) Engine, is a breakthrough of immense proportions that will spawn the next industrial revolution and will rocket the internal combustion engine into the next millennium."
- MYT Engine
- About Angel Labs LLC
- http://IndustrialGreenPower.com - Company selling the MYT-6 genset, capable of 40 kW continuous output.
- http://TitanFuels.com - unique biodiesel that powers the MYT engine
- Featured / Best Exotic: Fuel Efficiency > Engines > MYT >
MYT™-6 Engine for Sale in 40kW Genset - Angel Labs announced today that it has entered into a three-way arrangement to bring its ultra efficient, 6-inch Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) engine to market powering a 40 kW genset distributed by Industrial Green Power Inc (IGPI) that runs on 100% biodiesel fuel provided by Titan Biodiesel. Delivery beginning February 2012. (PESN or BeforeItsNews; May 20, 2011)
- Download - On Jan. 12, 2009, Sterling D. Allan conducted a live interview with Raphial RG. Morgado, Inventor, Co-founder of Angel Labs; as part of the Free Energy Now radio series. This is the first interview Raphial Morgado has done in nearly two years, and he made a major company announcement on the show.
Video by Performance Opportunity Group, LLC.
- (YouTube; June 1, 2007)
2005 Press Release
- Inventor, Raphial Morgado, describes the function, components, and advantages of the MYT Engine, in comparison to conventional engines. (YouTube/PESNetwork; April 18, 2011)
- Part 2 of 3
- Part 3 of 3
- - - -
Create the Future; Animation
- 2005 Create The Future context: First Prize: Raphial Morgado of Angel Labs. Shows animation of engine cycle. (YouTube)
- - - -
2D and 3D Animations and Inner Workings
- Featured: Fuel Efficiency > Engines > MYT >
2D and 3D Animations and Inner Workings of the MYT Engine (Video) - For the first time, we are releasing Raphial Morgado's video of the inner workings of his Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) engine. Two 2-D and a 3-D animation are also shown. (PESWiki; April 26, 2011)
- (YouTube / PESNetwork; April 26, 2011)
- - - -
- Top 100 / Featured: Events > Breakthrough Power >
Video Report: Breakthrough Power Presentation at SJSU - On April 2, Jeane Manning, Joel Garbon and Sterling Allan, along with Raphial Morgado gave a presentation to some students at San Jose State University. Raphial demonstrated his Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) engine and said a few words about the inventive process to those assembled. (PESWiki; April 13, 2009)
- Shows working of engine and interview with Raphial RG. Morgado. (YouTube)
- - - -
LA Auto Show
- Raphial RG. Morgado explains and demonstrates his motor at the LA auto show. (YouTube)
How it Works
The reason why the MYT Engine is so huge in displacement is because of frequent firing. It fires 16 times in one rotation, making it equivalent to 32 cylinder, four stroke engine.
The basic principle is the following. There are two disks each connected to four pistons in a toroidal cylinder. The disks rotate alternately generating the four stroke principles between the pistons. There is no need for valves since the position of the pistons allow wide open port to breathe air.
The part count is less than 25 parts even though it's 32 cylinder equivalent. (Each piston fires twice during one rotation, making total 16 firings in one main shaft rotation.) Since only the piston rings touch the cylinder wall (not piston skirts), the friction loss is very minimal. (Emhart/NASA)
The first prototype model exerts 850 cubic inches of displacement even though the size is only 14" diameter by 14" long, weighing in 150 lbs.
The MYT Engine has been tested with fuel and air motoring on our Dynamometer. The calculation of the 850 CID is the following. CID = pi * radius * radius * stroke * # of pistons (firings) = 3.14 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 3.75 * 32 = 848 cubic inches. (Emhart/NASA)
Says he has 100 Patents world wide. See Google > Raphial Gordon Morgado
US Patent #6739307; Ralph Gordon Morgado; May 25, 2004; Internal combustion engine and method
- Internal combustion engine and method in which pistons on different rotors move relative to each other to form chambers of variable volume in a toroidal cylinder. The pistons move in stepwise fashion, with the pistons on one rotor traveling a predetermined distance while the pistons on the other rotor remain substantially stationary. Fuel is drawn into a chamber as one of the pistons defining the chamber moves away from the other, and then compressed as the second piston moves toward the first. Combustion of the fuel drives the first piston away from the second, and the spent gases are then expelled from the chamber by the second piston moving again toward the first. An output shaft is connected to the rotors in such manner that the shaft rotates continuously while the rotors and pistons move in their stepwise fashion.
First MYT-14 Ran On Fuel
On October 15, 2012; 10:40:54 -0700; Raphial gave the following synopsis: (slightly edited)
The answer to #1 is: Yes, it ran on fuel.
Remember, I told you that for the first 6 months of the MYT-14 engine's development, it ran on nothing but fuel. (The MYT engine project was designed to be an internal combustion engine running on FUEL originally, later we discover the pump application).
A combination of Diesel #2, bio Diesel B10, B20, other blends, and B100 FUEL.
It ran on fuel via COMPRESSION IGNITION (WITHOUT spark plugs for DIESEL engines), as opposed to SPARK IGNITION (with spark plugs for Gasoline engines).
Short runs where the only runs we where able to manage because we did not have fuel injectors installed, instead
we used a new induction system that i invented to run the MYT-14 engine that was not able to METER the correct FUEL/AIR
mixture @ that early stage of development.
This short runs was done before our Dynamometer was completed.
All test runs was done on a metal work bench ( an old milling machine ).
Because we had a hard time turning the MYT-14 engine with an electric starter, due to the numerous pulses the MYT-14 engine (16 pulses versus 4 for the electric motor) provided, and the high compression X 2 combustion @ once..........
All test runs used compressed air, (instead of an ELECTRIC Starter) TO TURN the engine so Fuel can be ignited.
At this stage of development, compressed air is used to drive the piston down @ the exhaust stroke @ the upper combustion chamber, using it as an air pump to continually ROTATE the engine while the bottom combustion chamber is sealed so it can be ignited and run on FUEL.
In other words, compressed air was used to START the engine ONLY.
Please check out Lou Faix report on our website ....Paragraph 9 where he observed the MYT-14 run on ETHER FUEL .
After 6 months.........
As development continued, Joe Bunetto and I noticed how easy it is to turn the MYT engine with compressed air.
At one point Joe suggested to used compressed air to develop the MYT engine in the dyno while we waited for MYT#2 to be completed.
The MYT-14 1st engine ever built was too important and destruction from DEVELOPMENT will set us back since this is the pattern for the next MYT engine.
Also, we had to have a DEMO engine for INVESTORS @ all times.
Development with compressed air also made for faster rebuild since broken parts are easy to identify due to none BLOWN engine conditions.
This last development practice allowed us to gather 2 years worth of DATA from the dyno @ record time and for less money.
Ultimately, 814 ft.lbs @ 800 RPM was attained running on 150 PSI of compressed air.
The sole purpose of the MYT-14 #1 or P1, was to prove the concept, so it was never designed to do extensive DYNO testing because some of the parts was designed @ a fast pace thereby not very strong and we had to cut corners with the more complex parts.
However, it turned out that the MYT-14 P1 engine was able to do most of the development and then some......
Installed in the ford focus running on different configurations ..... AIR CAR, etc.
While testing with on board supercharger compressing air to drive the car, up to 600 deg. temperatures @ the exhaust was observed.
This gave us varying metal expansion and contraction to verify the MYT-14 engine design TOLERANCES.
The advanced Dyno development was reserved for the MYT-14 P2 engine which became the Famous DEMO engine operated by hand crank in the website when we started the MYT-14 P3.
About that time we ran out of R&D money and the rest was spent to go to the 2006 L.A. auto show.
After that I had to send home my workers, did another 6 months of development with the MYT-14 in the focus where more very AMAZING things where discovered !!!
In April of 2008 we lost the ranch in LODI even after auctioning off my production equipment in an attempt to save the ranch.
I had a very productive 2 years of evaluation and advanced development that led to the MYT-6 engine.
With the help of small investors we were able to survive and the MYT engine reborn .
As we move from one place to another, I was able to buy some equipment.
The rest you know.
We had worked 18 hour days.... Sacrifice everything and still continue to make incredible progress with the MYT engine, even with not much R&D Funding.....I WOULD REALLY "APPRECIATE" IF PEOPLE would be patient while I continue my MISSION of BRINGING the MYT engine to market.
In a phone interview on May 1, 2006 and subsequent email, Jin K. Kim, Ph.D, Managing Member, Angel Labs, LLC said that the design of the engine is such that there is a "long dwell time at top dead center." This means that there is a much higher chance that all of the fuel is ignited, resulting in achieving "very close to 100% theoretical efficiency."
"For Gasoline engine, the theoretical efficiency is about 30%; and for Diesel, it's somewhere around 50%. The MYT Engine fuel efficiency will reach that theoretical efficiency, whatever that is, due to virtually no friction and very long dwell at TDC.
"One more factor is much higher mechanical efficiency due to radically small number of components. (only 20 parts vs. thousands.)"
Sized os 2" up to 5' model has been designed. For example, 4.5" model features 2.4 litre cubic inches displacement (size of Formula 1 racing engine) weighing only 35 lbs.
- Low weight
- Can burn multiple fuels
- Can run on compressed air
- Fewer moving parts
- No reciprocating parts. They move in one direction.
- High RPM potential
- No cylinder heads, no camshaft, no valves
The application of the MYT Engine is in all kinds of transportations, automobiles, trucks, airplanes, ships, and distributed and stationary power generations. The MYT Engine with four more ports also works as air motor, air and liquid pump, and air and liquid compressor, with positive displacement, high volume, and high flow.
A Renewable Vision
Quoting from http://www.angellabsllc.com/Scenario.html
- And here is the scenario:
- The Mighty Pumps can pump the sea water for desalination
- The Mighty Pumps can pump the water thru pipeline to Deserts and turn the Deserts into Farm lands to grow Palm Trees, Coconuts, Soybeans, etc.
- Bio Fuel extracted from Palms, Coconuts, Soybeans, etc.can fuel the Mighty Engine, hooked up to a generator to generate electricity
- Automobiles with the Mighty Engine can run on Bio Fuel Industry can be powered by the Mighty Engine using Bio Fuel with better fuel economy and less pollution
- Radical new designs of Automobiles, Ships, and Airplanes are imminent with the Mighty Engine running Bio Fuel Earth gets less polluted, while industry runs with renewable Bio Fuel which never runs out
- Farm Lands on Earth can now grow our own Fuel We won’t be at the mercy of foreign oil suppliers any more.
- Featured / Top 100: Flying > Cars > Moller / MYT >
Moller Skycar signs $480 million MOU - Moller International has announced signing a memorandum of understanding to create a US-based joint venture to produce numerous models of its vertical take-off and landing aircraft, with its first variety by 2014. But could craft powered by Morgado's MYT engine beat them? (PESN; February 2, 2013)
- Top 100 / Featured: Flight > Flying Cars > MYT >
Angel Flight Pack to tackle last frontier of aviation - Because of its ultra small and light size-to-power relationship, the Massive Yet Tiny engine is an ideal candidate for making personal flight packs, typically called 'jetpacks', a practical reality, as well as flying cars. Coming soon? (PESN; Jan. 18, 2009)
- Flight / Fuel Efficiency > Flying Cars > MYT Engine >
DARPA kick-starts flying car program - US Military scientists have announced the Transofermer (TX) initiative to ramp up research and development of a flying military vehicle that will hold up to 4 people and have the ability to launch vertically and soar when necessary; and support range and speed efficiencies that will allow for missions to be performed on a single tank of fuel. (NetworkWorld; Jan. 4, 2009)
Take a look at the Mjolnir Curvilinear Air-Motor Generator Set - The MYT engine has some design similarities to this concept that looks to harness the solar energy contained in ambient air, thus enabling the engine to run on air.
Inventor Raphial Morgado
"I have granted 100+ inventions accumulated over the last 22 years of my life that cover land, sea, and air, to Angel Labs, LLC." 
He has a lot more up his sleeve.
Angel Labs LLC
Angel Labs was formed to provide the most efficient, precise, quickest way to develop and launch the inventions by Raphial Morgado.
- "Angel Labs will apply modern computational techniques, including finite element analysis, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, structural analysis, etc., for ultra fast product turnaround. The end products will help preserve environments, will be inexpensive to produce, safer to use, and will be designed to require lower maintenance.
- "Angel Labs is composed of inventors, scientists, Engineers, business managers, computer technicians, programmers, machinists, Engine experts, patent attorneys, business consultants etc." 
Top 100 Scoring
I am Jin Kim, Managing Member of Angel Labs, LLC, handing business matters. Thanks for putting us in the article. I will give my best opinion to the criteria.
=> Energy Source:
- Fossil fuel:4
- Synfuel generated from garbage:6
- Geothermal (as an expander): 9
- Fossil-fuel based: 9
II. Environmental Impact
- When using Fossil fuel: 7
- When using Syn fuel: 8
- When using bio fuel: 9
- When using Geothermal: 9
III. Cost (cents / kw-h)
- For non-fossil bases Score: 7.5
- Long term: Geothermal Score: 8
- For fossil based Score: 8
IV. Credibility of Evidence
- Score: 8
V. Stability / Reliability
- Score: 8
- Score: 10
VII. Safety/Danger to Persons
- Score: 9
VIII. Politics of science
- Encumbrance: 10
- Key Personality and Asso: 10
- Motivation of foundation: 10
- Involved team : 9
IX. Open-Source conducive
- Score 3
X. Stage of Device Development
- Score: 5
Thanks again. If you have any questions please contact me.
- Submitted to GE's Ecomagination Challenge: Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine for energy generation - The MYT Engine is an internal combustion engine of new design that features multiple firings in one cycle, producing enormous torque in a small area. This enables supper-efficient combustion from fossil fuels as well as biofuels. Applications also include geothermal energy and wind power storage and retrieval. (Sept. 30, 2010) [submitted just before the contest closed, so no one else was able to sign on as a "supporter".]
First Place in NASA Contest
- On April 3, 2006, Raphial Morgado was awarded First-Prize in the 2006 Emhart-NASA Tech Briefs "Create the Future" Design Contest  
- YouTube video about the award
In the News
For a more complete listing, see News:MYT Engine
- Featured: News > SmartScarecrow > This Week in Free Energy™ >
This Week in Free Energy™: December 19, 2013 - QMoGens: Emmett Butler to post instructions; Witness to QMoGens fifty years ago; Rebuttal to Dansie; Patrick Kelly chimes in • Miti Air: Raphial Morgado's first compressed air car • Mike Kantz' Quanta Magnetics • New Interactive Exhibition Based on Life, Works of Nikola Tesla • Green Power owner faces several federal charges; loses tenancy at Port of Pasco • Compelling ET/UFO Witness Testimonies Posted by Sirius Disclosure (FreeEnergyNews)
- Featured / Best Exotic: Engines > Air > MYT >
Miti Air: Raphial Morgado's first compressed air car - A little trip through MYT Engine history looks at a 2004 chapter when the MYT 14" engine was installed in a Honda Civic to run on compressed air. Not yet optimized in the pulse timing, it barely made it a few times around the parking lot on one charge. Second one didn't need compressed air. (PESN; December 14, 2013)
- Featured: Spirituality > Alphabetics >
Why I'm Destined to Become the Richest Man in the World -- for Good - Yes, I'm involved in what is sure to be the next huge thing: exotic free energy roll-out worldwide, but that's only part of the reason why I believe I'll become the richest man in the world. And it's not about ego, but about lifting others to also be successful in filling their God-ordained missions in life. (PESN; November 14, 2013)
- Featured / Best Exotic: Engines > MYT > Aviation 2.0™ >
Bank shooting photos of Raphial's home -- in jeopardy - Here's Raphial, with his MYT engine that can revolutionize transportation, not only making it cheaper, but opening up Aviation 2.0 due to its power density, making things possible that hitherto have not been possible: jetpacks, VTOL craft, and flying cargo ships; yet he can't even pay rent. (PESN; November 12, 2013)
- Featured / Best Exotic: Spirituality / Engines > MYT > Aviation 2.0™ >
Pulse Motor Build-Off Infectious: Importance of Encouraging Voices - Thursday night's award ceremony for the Pulse Motor Build-Off was an ideal display of the power of positive encouragement -- in contrast to the dog-pile of negativity that was heaped on Raphial Morgado the week prior, who has working technology that can revolutionize transportation, including enabling Aviation 2.0. (PESN; November 9, 2013)
- Featured / Best Exotic: Spirituality > Alphabetics / Engines > MYT > Aviation 2.0™ >
Sterling's Trip to Visit Raphial Morgado, and Aviation 2.0™ -- in Alphabetics - The code based on the alphabetical sequence of words has much to say about Raphial Morgado's initiative to launch Aviation 2.0™, with its JetPacks, VTOL, flying cargo ships and other innovations made possible by his MYT engine. Includes commentary on present aviation and Dansie. (PESN; November 4, 2013)
- Featured / Best Exotic: Engines / Jetpacks > MYT > Aviation 2.0™ >
Aviation 2.0™ enables Jetpacks, VTOL, flying cargo ships - Raphial Morgado of Angel Labs LLC in California hereby announces to the world the launch of a new revolution in aviation technology that will finally bring us the hoped-for dreams of yesterday, via the Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine and other innovations he has invented. (PESN; October 28, 2013)
- Featured / Best Exotic: Fuel Efficiency > MYT >
Sterling Visits Raphial Morgado to Make Aviation 2.0™ Announcement - I've created a page to house the posting of the information related to my trip to see Raphial Morgado's proprietary designs pertaining to a pending story we'll be doing on "Aviation 2.0™". See the pre-splash story teaser info about his fuel atomizer, NASA award, self-sealing piston patent, Formula 1 drawing, shop tour, dynamometer lab. (PESWiki; October 24, 2013)
- Wikipedia:Swing-piston_engine - mentions "Angel Labs"
- http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/POWER/unusualICeng/unusualICeng.htm - The Morgado Engine: 2006
- Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) engine (F1 Technical; Sep 25, 2010)
Angel Labs LLC
Location: Lodi, CA
Raphial RG. Morgado, Inventor, Co-founder
See Discussion page
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars