PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Markovic SP River Pump
Self-Propelled (SP) Submergible Pump by Izumi
This innovative pump system by Slovenian inventor, Vladimir Markovic, works in relatively slow and shallow moving water (rivers) to pump water for irrigation; pump air into the water to oxygenate and clean up a river; or to pump water for driving an electric generator.
The Slovenian Pump design of this self-propelled submergible pump operates with 3 pairs of propelling wings with a diameter of 2,4 meters. As the moving water hits the blade, it either lifts the blade to provide push if going in the same direction, or pushes the blade down so the water flows over it if moving in the opposite direction.
A triple-peristaltic submergible pump can deliver nearly 300,000 litres of water per day.
The company, Izumi, is now ready to go into production.
The return on investment for capitalization costs is around 2.5 years; and the device is estimated to last ten years.
- Slovenian Pump (download) 8-page PDF Brochure
- Izumi SP Slovenian River Water Pump / Generator The inventor of this technology, Vladimir Markovic of Slovenia was interviewed on Nov. 24, 2008 on our Free Energy Now radio show. This video is about his Self-Propelled (SP) Submergible Pump by Izumi. (YouTube; January 22, 2009)
- - - -
- Markovic SP River Pump - (YouTube; Oct. 13, 2008)
- "A short video of our second prototype. Please remember: ...this video [shows] how our SP unit is operating. Here, the complete unit was placed on the ramp and slowly pushed into the water and not placed on the bottom of the river but very near to the surface. That way it is possible to see how it works. The rest of movies with more sophisticated SP units which were placed on the bottom of the river practically nothing can be recognized with exception of much larger hose, stronger water pressure and larger water quantity. For the end of this week we intend to make a new movie using submergible camera which will slowly travel from the top of the water to the bottom and than back to the surface." -- Vladimir Markovic (Oct. 13, 2008)
- Self-propelled Pump (mpg download)
- Download - On Nov. 24, 2008, Vladimir Markovic was interviewed as part of the Free Energy Now radio series. This innovative pump system works in relatively slow and shallow moving water (rivers) to pump water for irrigation; pump air into the water to oxygenate and clean up a river; or to pump water for driving an electric generator.
How it Works
- Slovenian Pump 8-page PDF
To understand how the SP system works, you must understand that the driving "wings" are operating always in pairs – two of them on the same axle. Both wings (for example 12 and 12’) are fixed on the axle 13, but in such way, that one wing is fixed on the axle horizontally (12’) and opposite wing (12) is fixed with inclination of approx. 60°.
Therefore one side of such a propelling system is always turning to the water stream with the smallest surface and the second side (wing) is always turning to the water stream with a very large surface. When the unit turns around the vertical axle for more than 90°, the water stream pushes down the previously lifted wing and lifting up the opposite previously horizontal wing.
All mentioned capacities are valid with pressures up to 2 bars and can be reached with water speeds in the range of 3,8 m/sec. Of course, under the special conditions, also other dimensions and characteristics of SP units are possible, but something must be clear: For relatively high power of each SP unit, there is the first condition to have a large quantity and quickest possible water flow. But comparing to other known systems, even on very small river with only 2 meters of width and 1,5 m of depth (with water speed of only 1 m/second), using more SP units can offer much higher and much cheaper exploitation effects than any other known system which uses dynamical energy from water movement.
During the research and development phase, they learned that by size, 3 different models of SP units would be welcome on the market: a very small "hobby" unit with capacity of 1 l/second and wings diameter of 1,6 m ; "standard" SP unit with capacity of 3 l/second and wing diameter 2,4 m and "goliath" SP unit with capacity of 7 l/second and wings diameter of 5,5 meters.
It is important to know that the "Goliath" SP unit with single Power generator in quicker water flow (5,5 m/second) provides nearly 20 kW of energy.
The following information came from Vladimir Markovic on March 09, 2010 4:35 AM Mountain.
Prices for all SP and SP+SG models. . .
There are: 1,6 m diameter; 2,4 m diameter; 3,5 m diameter; 5,5 m diameter and “goliath” with 7 m (meters) of diameter.
Prices are between 3.500 USD (for 1,6 m and piston pump) up to 21.000 USD (for 7 m and with SG generator).
All transport and local assembly costs to USA are between 3.000 USD and 9.000 USD.
Regarding high transport costs I am trying to find some local – license producer in USA.
- simple, cheap to manufacture and esthetic, as working parts are hidden from view.
- In-river water pump
2 prototype phases, now ready for production.
Applied for all needed patent applications and during priority period of nearly one year. They intend to apply this protection also in many other countries.
P-200800218; "Submergible self propelled pump"; September 18th 2008
PCT/SI2009/000038; "Submergible self propelled pump"; September 17th 2009
P-200900391; "Solenoidal magnetic generator"; December 21st 2009
Izumi is a company established by professional inventor Vladimir Markovic which is involved in inventions, research, development and innovations for more than 35 years.
Inventor: Vladimir Markovic
In all his career, he participated in several very different fields of technology: Boring, drilling and punching of soil in horizontal and vertical direction; Driving systems and drives for propelling of vehicles by means of human body power; Explotation, transport and cleaning of water; Different ortopedic products including manual and power driven wheelchairs.
In the News
- Featured: News > SmartScarecrow > This Week in Free Energy™ >
Sterling's Weekly Free Energy Review on SmartScarecrow Show: May 2, 2013 - LENR-to-Market Monthly • SWAT Team Swarms Russ George's Office • Roberts Rotary Noble Gas Engine • TeslaTronix • Tunnel Magnetoresistance • BoredShortsTV does Kid Snippet on Hydroxy • "time crystals" • Slovenian Submergible Pump • Texas A&M Physicist Pursues Green Nuclear Power Technology • New Plasma Device Considered the 'Holy Grail' of Energy Generation and Storage (FreeEnergyNews)
- Featured / Top 100: Hydro > River > Izumi >
Slovenian Submergible Pump (SP) Claims to be Cheapest, Clean Alternative to Nuclear - Since "all Nuclear plants are located near by larger rivers, on river bottom we can install 200 SP2 units, and after changing of the main turbines in Power plant, using a “ladle hand” system of SP2, we can propel the same generators and use all existing infrastructure to produce the same electric power -- but without any dangerous nuclear fuel!" (PureEnergyBlog; May 2, 2013)
- Top 100 / Featured: Hydro > River > Izumi >
Izumi claims their run-of-river turbine is cheaper than grid power - A Slovenian turbine-generator that is designed to work in relatively slow and shallow moving water supposedly could not only provide clean energy but at a price point many times cheaper than the cheapest grid power presently available. (PESN; March 5, 2010) (Comments)
- Top 100 / Featured: River / Water >
Markovic Self-Propelled (SP) River Pump - This innovative pump system by Slovenian inventor, Vladimir Markovic, works in relatively slow and shallow moving water (rivers) to pump water for irrigation; pump air into the water to oxygenate and clean up a river; or to pump water for driving an electric generator. (PESWIki; Oct. 13, 2008)
- 'Slovenian Pump' - run-of-river pump and electricity generation - (GlobalSwadeshi; Oct. 9, 2008)
See Discussion page
Top 10 Material
On October 09, 2008, New Energy Congress member, Mark Dansie wrote:
"If manufactured using modern materials and production methods, this is real top 10 material.
I did some math and replacing the pumps with sealed submerged genset could supply huge volumes of electricity at install costs less than wind turbines."
- ""VAWT" "Wind Turbine" Feel free to use any of these concepts in your "windmill" designs. The wing or plate that swings on a vertical rod has been around forever and the rest are just "conceptual designs" that I came up with. An engineer proficient using AVIs stress analysis application could determine structural integrity issues using these drawings. Who knows; maybe someone will perfect this "design concept" and build them to the same height as the large HAWTs. I (think) "Vertical Axis Wind Turbines" have the leverage potential to produce more power at lower wind speeds. I am amazed by the large HAWTs and many of the modern VAWTs but I hope that engineers, innovators and last but not least, financial risk takers will continue to find ways to lower the required wind speed. Constructive comments are welcomed. If you do not have any, Yes We Can! works for me. Thanks for viewing." (YouTube; April 22, 2009)
- - - -
- Latest model windmill from my research. This prototype is simple to make and will cut wind power costs greatly. (YouTube by thorargent; July 1, 2009)
- See Directory:Shults Laboratories
Phone: ++386 1 5612520
Cell: ++386 41 377270
Fax: ++386 (0)1 563 1232
- Directory:Hydroelectric Dams
- Directory:Low Impact Hydro
- Directory:Ocean or Marine Power
- Directory:Capillary Action Engines (un-demonstrated theory)