PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
Directory of designs in which magnets are oriented in such a way as to cause acceleration along a linear path. It is sometimes a precursor concept to a magnet motor design in which the loop is closed, resulting in rotation and usable torque.
The question in a linear accelerator is if the net acceleration is greater than the entrance/exit energy, resulting in a net energy gain. The practical question is how to embody the phenomenon in a usable mechanism. It usually is just a physical demonstration of an interesting phenomenon, with no practical value as embodied.
- http://www.magun.co.kr - company site; appears to sell some of these linear accellerators
- science-magnet accelerator - (YouTube; May 15, 2007)
- really long gaussian gun - (YouTube; May 16, 2007)
- Double Gaussian Gun - (YouTube; February 04, 2007)
- http://dangerouslyfun.com/gaussian-gun - This simple gaussian gun is a toy that uses magnets to shoot a ball bearing with surprising velocity.
- Place the neodymium magnets (available at K&J Magnetics) on the track and place four or five ball bearings in a line touching one side of the magnets.
- Place one more ball bearing on the opposite side of the magnets, far enough away that it isn’t pulled toward the magnets.
- When you are ready to fire it, nudge the single ball bearing so it slowing rolls toward the magnets.
- You can also set several of these up in a chain; each one will fire the next with increasing speed.
The Worlds First Real Gauss Rifle
- The Worlds First Real Gauss Rifle - The 8 Neodymium Magnets are 1/2" cubes with a 3/16" hole. and attached to the rail with brass screws. (YouTube; March 24, 2008)
- http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0pAHF1yamg - Gauss Pistol
My Gauss Riffle
- My Gauss Riffle - This is a gaussian rifle(a magnetic linear accelerator), and it shoots a ball using nickel balls and 4 neodymium magnets. I'm shooting it at a little target that broke after shooting it . (YouTube; January 12, 2007)
- Linear Magnetic Accelerator - Launching projectiles with magnets :)...linear magnetic accelerator (YouTube; Jan 12, 2007)
- Magnet Motors > Linear Magnet Accelerators >
Linear V-Track Nothing More than Spring Action? - At first, this V-track video would seem to illustrate the ability of stationary magnets to perform net gain; but on further testing the system is shown to have a strong gate that is only overcome by a significant gravity-powered drop. (PESWiki; Aug. 30, 2009)
- Bar Magnet Gate - Linear Magnetic Gate, as described by Howard Johnson in 1938. (YouTube; February 24, 2008)
- http://www.youtube.com/user/Sm0ky2 - more, similar videos
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzNyzSS3BYs - Sm0ky2's Extended Tri-Force Gate (x4)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7AA7IKonU - CLaNZeR Playing with the Tri-Force Gate Part8
- Electromagnetic Linear Drive - Invention by Victor Lavrov
Roobert33's Mechanical V-Gate Opener
- Featured: Magnet Motors > V-Gates >
Mechanical Opener for V-Gate Magnet Motor - A video originally posed by Roobert33 shows a V-gate magnet motor that supposedly is made functional (rotation maintained) by means of a mechanical method for moving the stator magnets in and out of the way of the gate ("re-gauging") so that the gate doesn't become a lock-up point that otherwise would stop the motion of the magnet motor. (PESWiki; November 18 2010)
George Soukup's V-Track
- Featured: Directory:Magnet Motors >
George Soukup's V-Track Rotary Magnet Motor - German inventor presents what appears to embody the V-track magnet accelleration model into rotating motion -- something that many have unsuccessfully attempted. What is not clear is whether his model achieves accelleration, or even constant speed. Can it handle a load? (PESWiki; Sept 15, 2008)
- Featured: Magnet Motors > V-track >
Update on George Soukup's V-Track Rotary Magnet Motor - German inventor claims that an earlier all-magnet motor accelerated to destruction. He has filed for a German patent and plans to later openly disclose the motor. He says investors have been secured. (PESWiki; June 20, 2009) (Comment at Examiner.com)
- http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=PaLVPf1_iU8 - linear track motor turned circular; but it doesn't work.
- Magnetic propulsion technology demo - Toy vehicle is propelled by a traveling magnetic field - with no mechanical slots or guides. The field provides lateral control as well as propulsion. Patent-pending motion control technology. (YouTube; May 28, 2006)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L3zzVBn774 - similar video; elevated track
- http://www.youtube.com/user/eisenson - Eric's user page.
(6 min 49 sec)
- New Energy Invention - Magnetic Motor - "This video clip shows how a freestanding device can be built to generate power using nothing but natural magnetic forces, using only magnets, two plastic strips, and securing components. This is only a proof of concept video. There are many variables to be worked out, but the potential is clearly demonstrated." (Google Video; Mar 26, 2008)
- http://www.PerpetualMotors.com - official website
(1 min 9 sec)
- Discovered new source of power and propulsion - Video demonstrates working prototype of 2MS linear motor that harnesses energy of Earth’s magnetic fields. (Google Video; Jun 15, 2007)
- http://www.geocities.com/ageofmagnetizm/magnetomotive.html - Magnetorefractive motive systems
MAGNET MOTORS FOOTER
- Directory:Magnet Motors
- News:Magnet Motors
- Directory:All-Magnet Motors:Theory
- PowerPedia:Magnetic motor - encyclopedic entry
- Directory:Linear Magnet Accelerators
LEADING (including legendary status)
- Directory:Muammer Yildiz Magnet Motor
- Directory:Michael MacInnes' Magnet Motor
- Directory:Perendev Power Developments Pty (Ltd)
- Directory:Torian Magnet Motor
- Directory:Magnetic Motors:Howard Johnson
- Directory:Steorn Free Energy
- Directory:Shinyeon_Energy Research Center
- Directory:Disturbed Self-Compensating Symmetry (Terawatt Research)
- Directory: Mechanical Opener for V-Gate Magnet Motor