PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
- Major De Seversky's Ion-Propelled Aircraft - "An ion-generated wind will lift and propel this incredible magic carpet of the future." (Popular Mechanics, August 1964)
The Lifter can be used as a science fair project for students, but requires many safety precautions due to the high voltage required for operation and the risk of lung and throat cancer from long term inhalation of its ionised air product. A large subculture has grown up around the Lifter phenomena and its physics are now known to a much better extent. This device has recently gained popularity as a science fair project for students. It has also gained popularity in non-mainstream anti-gravity websites, where it is commonly referred to as a lifter. This term is somewhat of a misnomer, since it implies the force can only act against gravity, which is clearly not the case. The magnitude of thrust is totally independent from the mass of the device and its direction is always in the direction of its own axis. In its basic form, it simply consists of two parallel conductive electrodes, one in the form of a fine wire and the other a foil skirt with a smooth round surface, which when powered by high voltage in the range of a few kilovolts, produces thrust. It forms part of the EHD thruster family, but is a special case in which the ionisation and accelerating stages are combined into a single stage.
Products in the Marketplace
- Anti Gravity Hovering Craft and Lifters
- Blaze Labs EHD Thrusters Research - Home of the highest performance Electro Hydro Dynamics (EHD) thruster cells by Xavier Borg.
- How to build and replicate yourself the Lifter1 Experiment - by Jean-Louis Naudin.
Research and Development
- Testing the Miklos thruster - Borbás Miklós has detected a force which appears counter to the typical 'lifter' theory. His device is a simple ping-pong ball with a high voltage discharge element inside. He says the device generates a propulsive force which is not due to air movement caused by ion flow (ion-wind).
- [http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Lifter/test1.htm Lifter Test - presented by a source who wishes to remain anonymous. "A simple test which has been censored for over a year."(March 18, 2003)
- Pico Lifter - 10mm - "purpose is to test the eletrokinetic effect on a very small cell and at low voltage for building a High Density cellular structure ( Lifter-Cell ) for the Lifter-Craft engine". (March 11, 2003)
- Unlinked Lifter Fully Enclosed in a Box - Experiment to further demonstrate that upward thrust is not due to ionic wind emitted by the wire placed above the aluminum plate. (March 3, 2003)
- Successful in Australia - 'Adeon' has successfully replicated TT Browns Electro-Static levitation (Lifters) and a small Cold Running High speed Adams Motor. Looking for partners for genesis project follow-up. (Feb. 26, 2003)
- Lifter Test with the Wire Unlinked - Rules out the ion wind explanation. (Feb. 20, 2003)
- A 5 meters wide Japanese Lifter - Has done a stable hovering at 15 meters above the ground. Built and tested successfully at Meisei University of Japan. Voltage: used 41 KV DC; current 10.7 mA; weight not yet determined because of size. (Jan. 19, 2003)
- Lifter Project - The FIRST Moused FLIGHT - On January 8th, 2003, ORVILLE, the mouse, has done successfully two historical flights as a test pilot of the Lifter "Maximus". ORVILLE is now the 1st Worldwide "Electronaut " pilot which has done a flight aboard a propellantless electrokinetic craft.
- The VTOL Lifter-Craft MkIII - by Jean-Louis Naudin. (Oct. 4, 2002)
- Breakthrough Propulsion Physics - Funding ended 2002.
- Rebuttal to NASA's Criticism of Lifter Technology - Steve Elswick responds. NASA piece was written by Summer student; has been thoroughly debunked.
In the News
- 'Lifters': An Idea in the Clouds - Antigravitational devices developed by a computer geek could eventually change the world as we know it. (Wired News, May 11, 2002)
- French Scientist's Anti-Gravity Device - Koen J Van Vlaenderen reports on Jean Naudin's work. (Rense.com, Oct. 25, 2001)
See Discussion page
- Bob Lazar & Lifter Technology - On Element 115. (Oct. 14, 2002)
- Yahoo Groups: American Antigravity
- Yahoo Groups: JLNLabs
- Yahoo Groups: Lifters
- American Antigravity - Lifter Technology by Tim Ventura.
- Lifter Experiments - by Jean-Louis Naudin.
- Link to Links
- Featured: Propulsion / Anti-Gravity > Lifters >
Development of Ionic Electrical Thrust Technology - In the last few years, electric thrusters, commonly referred to as 'Lifters,' have achieved popularity as a home science project on the Internet. Advocates claim they are a significant technological breakthrough that promises anti-gravity anomalies and a possible new era of solid state electric flight. (PESWiki; Oct. 18, 2008)
PowerPedia:Anti-gravity - Electrohydrodynamics