PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directory:Kinetic Energy Devices
- See also PowerPedia:Kinetic Energy
Directory of technologies and resources relating to the harnessing of kinetic energy.
Most energy generating modalities involved the conversion of some kind of kinetic energy into rotational force and/or electricity.
Related PESWiki Directories
- PowerPedia:Mechanical work
- Directory:Linear Motion Electromagnetic Systems
- Directory:Cavitation Heaters
- Directory:Flywheels | PowerPedia:Flywheels
- Directory:Gravity Motors
- Top 100: Batteries / Vibrations >
M2E Power Could Charge Your Cell Phone With Kinetic Energy! - M2E Power is emphasizing the commercial applications for their technology, with a specific goal: revolutionizing cell phone batteries. An external charger generates between 300 and 700 percent more energy than current kinetic energy technologies, and may eventually replace cell phone batteries altogether. (PESWiki; Aug. 21, 2008)
- Promising tests for MotionPower system to generate electricity from traffic - The ongoing testing of the MotionPower system for generating electricity from the movement of cars and light trucks is paying dividends. New Energy, the company developing the technology, reports it can produce a 25-fold increase in the system’s capacity to capture kinetic energy from moving vehicles. (GizMag; Oct. 21, 2009)
- Dancepants - keep running or the music stops - The Dancepants Kinetic Music Player lets you convet energy from running, dancing, hopping, jumping, etc. into electricity to power an iPod or other portable music players. A coin-sized disc near the ankle of the pants harnesses the kinetic movement. (GizMag; Nov. 23, 2009)
- Human-Powered >
In a twirl with the Chukka Kinetic Music Player - The Chukka Kinetic Music Player combines electromagnetic induction with a unique design that encourages the user to twirl it around the fingers, throw it about and otherwise toy with it. The result - an eco-friendly personal media player that also gives you the stress relieving benefits of tactile interaction and repetitive physical motion (GizMag; August 11, 2009)
- Verdant Power LLC - A world leader in commercializing low-impact kinetic hydropower solutions, harnessing the energy from river, tide, and man-made channels. Prototype array is presently producing power for customers.
- Directory:Power-Generating Shock Absorber - The Power-Generating Shock Absorber (PGSA) converts kinetic energy into electricity through the use of a Linear Motion Electromagnetic System (LMES).
- England grocer produces energy with ‘kinetic plates’ - Sainsbury’s market of England has installed ‘kinetic energy’ plates in the parking lot of it’s store, harnessing energy from the customers' cars movement to generate as much as 30kW of energy. The kinetic plates are supposed to pay for themselves in under two years. (Examiner; June 16, 2009)
- Directory:Theo Jansen:StrandBeest Kinetic Sculptor - For the past fifteen years, Theo Jansen has been creating/evolving "beach animals", immense multi-legged walking critters designed to roam the Dutch coastline, feeding on gusts of wind. They are made from commonly available tools like plastic tubing, cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, hose, tape, and all sorts of other stuff.
- Review:Paper:The Equivalence of Magnetic and Kinetic Energy - A review of the Paper: The Equivalence of Magnetic and Kinetic Energy by Carel van der Togt. "This article proves that QM/QED/QCD/. ... assumed, unjustified, that the electromagnetic field is (also) conservative."