PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
A directory of technologies and resources pertaining to hydroelectric dams.
This page is sparsely populated because this is a well-developed, well-understood technology that doesn't really need explanation.
The down-side to dams include:
- Removal of land area and the population (human and other living things) that once resided on that land, as well as the beauties of nature that resided there.
- Blockage to natural flow of fish and other river-based life, including beavers.
- Build-up of methane from the decomposition of organic matter.
A better alternative to large dams is Run-of-the-River, low-impact hydro technologies that allow for the natural flow of the river.
- Directory:Hydroelectric Dams
- Directory:Low Impact Hydro
- Directory:Ocean or Marine Power
- Directory:Capillary Action Engines (un-demonstrated theory)