PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Systems that involve hydraulics.
- Deluge Inc's Thermal Hydraulic Engine Generates from Low Heat Input - Utilizing low level heat energy, 180°F (82°C), the Natural Energy Engine™ is suitable for solar, geothermal, or any other heat source, including waste heat from existing processes. The engine requires no combustion, operates virtually silently, and generates no emissions. Now ready for commercialization.
- Ergenics - Developing a metal hydride heat engine that converts solar hot water into electricity for an estimated cost of less than 1¢ per kilowatt hour. The solar panels produce hot water which is pumped to a hydrogen compressor, that compresses a gas that is then expanded in a hydraulic motor-generator set that produces electricity.
- UPS Unveils 'World's Most Efficient Delivery Vehicle' - Equipped with an EPA-patented hydraulic hybrid propulsion system, the technology can increase fuel efficiency by 60-70% in urban use and lowers greenhouse gas emissions by 40% compared to UPS's conventional diesel delivery trucks. years, an improvement over other hybrid technologies. (TreeHugger; Aug. 10, 2006)
- 60 mpg Ford F-150 Hydraulic Hybrid - Ford is reported to be waist-deep in developing a hydraulic hybrid system that would give their ubiquitous pickup F-150 400% increased gas efficiency. (TreeHugger; Feb. 14, 2006)
- Biodiesel >
100 MPG Lightning Hybrids - Lightning Hybrids is an automotive research and manufacturing company based out of Loveland, Colorado, that has designed two 100 MPG hydraulic-biodiesel hybrid cars with sports sedan performance (0-60 in 5.9 seconds) and visual appeal. The cars are slated to be available in 2010 and will sell for $39,000-$59,000. (EngineeringTV)
- Fuel Efficiency > Hydraulics >
Chrysler announces development of hydraulic hybrid technology for cars - Chrysler has announced a partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to design and develop an experimental hydraulic hybrid powertrain (storing energy from braking and the engine into hydraulic pressure) suitable for use in large passenger cars and light-duty vehicles, with the aim of having a demonstration minivan sometime during 2012. (Gizmag; January 26, 2011)
- Hydristor to convert vehicles into green hybrids - This infinitely variable vane hydraulic pump/motor is basically a simplified automatic transmission with no gears, with regenerative storage capability. Aiming to retrofit existing vehicles, it is projected to double or even triple mileage, while drastically cutting emissions (to 1/4) and boosting performance.
- Grid / Hydristor > Transmission of Grid Power Using Pressurized Air - Instead of transmitting electricity over high-voltage cables, Kasmer suggests transmitting power via high-pressure air, which would be pressurized and depressurized via his infinitely variable pneumatic conversion technology, which would serve as the transformers in the system. (PESN; Jan. 23, 2008)
- Fuel-saving find - Ernie Brookins’ hybrid hydraulic transmission drive system captures, compresses, and stores “wasted? drive-train energy produced when a vehicle’s engine is running. (In-Forum; May 24, 2008)
- Valentin Technologies - The 130 MPG Car is a medium size 5-seat passenger car, driven by a Hydrostatic Powertrain. The free-piston internal combustion engine pumps hydraulic fluid into the accumulator that drives the wheelmotors in each wheel. The wheelmotors are reversed during braking and become pumps to recuperate the entire braking energy.
- Are hydraulic hybrids more efficient? - Hybra-Drive is a regenerative braking system that uses pressurized fluid to store the braking energy. It "improves fuel economy by upwards of 60% and reduces emissions by upwards of 90% while maintaining a platform that costs the same, weighs the same, and has the same cargo capacity." (AutoblogGreen; Sep. 9, 2007)
- Permo-Drive - Parallel hybrid hydraulic Regenerative Drive System (RDS) for medium and heavy vehicles captures and stores braking energy to reduce fuel consumption 15-30%. It provides a superior power to weight ratio and energy flow rate over hybrid electric systems and is cheaper to buy and own.
- Digital Electro-Hydraulic Systems - Developing a Danzer Cycle linear engine, pump/motor unit and novel hydraulic circuit that should provide better thermal efficiency over a vehicle’s operating range. During the power stroke, water is injected into the combustion chamber shortly after ignition, converting it to a steam engine to utilize the waste heat.
- 2009 Ford F-150 could add Hydraulic Launch Assist - A hydraulic pump/motor is connected to the drive shaft along with a high pressure accumulator, to recapture braking energy to be used during acceleration. It is designed to improve fuel economy in large trucks in city driving by an estimated 25 to 35 percent. (AutoblogGreen; Nov. 29, 2007)
- Parker and FedEx to Test Hydraulic Hybrid - Parker Hannifin and FedEx Ground will test a Class 6 vehicle employing series hybrid hydraulic technology that seeks to improve fuel economy by more than 50%. It eliminates the conventional transmission, along with its weight and maintenance, and is more efficient than battery electric hybrids. (Green Car Congress; Dec. 7, 2007)
- Artemis Intelligent Power - HEDDAT (High Efficiency Digital Displacement™ Automotive Transmission) series hydraulic transmissions for automotive applications can offer impressive fuel savings, performance enhancement and cost savings over conventional transmissions. Benefits: Part load efficiency; Infinitely variable transmission ratio; Regenerative braking with accumulator storage; Engine off operation.
- The Hydraulic Battery-powered Electromagneti Generator from Tennessee - A trio of inventors from Tennessee have design a hydraulic, battery, electromagnetic system than they say can fuellessly run a home or a vehicle, or other devices. Several working prototypes have been built. Presently awaiting "pending" patent status, they are ready to build a business to bring this technology to market.
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars