PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Home Generation:Gray Water Recycling
Gray Water Recycling at Home
There are various health and environmental risks if you do not use gray water safely. Choose phosphate-free or low-phosphate household cleaners and detergents.
Another plumbing modification that would require a simple holding tank, would be to use safe gray water to flush toilets, rather than culinary water.
In homes already built without such a system, alternate means, though not as efficient, can be employed to collect the gray water for these uses.
- Cautions to bear in mind when using gray water (Better Health; Australia)
- Recycling Gray Water Onto Home Gardens - Addresses: what percentage of watering should be from gray water? which gray water is best? detergents? disease? how to apply water? how to transport? (University of Massachusetts)
- Water Storage Tips from the Dollar Stretcher - Ideas include: collecting water from drain spout, collecting bath and shower water while water is warming, reducing garden's water needs, collecting water from dehumidifier, collecting water from rinse cycle on washing machine, using gray water to flush toilets.
- Green Trust's Greywater site - Greywater systems set-up, describing diy systems using reefbeds, and some commercial greywater systems
- Grey is Green - The collection and reuse of greywater will not cost you or the environment any more than the initial use. This results in a significant water savings for your home, a reduction of your carbon footprint, and a cost savings to you, as well. (Grey is Green; Nov. 14, 2008)
- Conservation / Water > Greywater Recycling >
Sleek Sink/Toilet Combo is an All-in-One Greywater Recycling System - This compact multi-tasking toilet/sink by Roca houses a nifty self-contained greywater system that is capable of reducing water use by up to 25% compared to a standard 6/3-litre dual flush toilet. It’s a much trendier and elegant solution to existing sink to toilet greywater systems. (Inhabitat; Sept. 28, 2009)
- Grey water recycling by Brac Systems - Collects water from shower drains, bathtubs and laundry, then filters and pumps it through a dedicated supply line to the toilet tanks for flushing, reducing average household water consumption by a third. It is designed into the plumbing of new construction and existing residential homes.
- Aqua2use Greywater System - Collects shower, bath and laundry water, filters it for use on gardens and yards. Unique multi stage Matala filtering system proven for effectiveness in over 40 countries. Easy to install ans simple to use.
- Sink-to-Toilet Combo - A simple way to optimize water usage without setting up a costly gray water system. The sink uses the inflow of water headed to refill the toilet bowl. You can therefore use the water twice by washing your hands in it before it fills the bowl. One-size-fits-all retrofit available.
- Nubian Water Systems - Recycle up to 60% of your household water with an OASIS GT600 Greywater treatment system. The system can be installed beside your house, requiring no excavation or disruption to your garden. It is as easy to install as a hot water system or other household appliance. Recycling options include: toilet flushing, above ground irrigation and car washing.
- Sun Mar Composting Toilets- "Requires no sewer, water, chemicals and ideal for home or vacation usage."
- Envirolet Composting Toilets - "Does not burn, use chemicals or require a septic tank. Ideal for your cottage, cabin, home, business and more." Waterless & low water models.
- Waterbuttsdirect AquaStore - Another relatively cheap water purification system.
- Ersson rainwater harvesting and purification system - A rainwater harvesting/purification system for less than 1500 $
- Water Works UK GROW - Green Roof Water Recycling System (GROW), composed of a roof-module with (beautiful and indiginous) waterpurifying plants, the required piping, water tanks (1 green and 1 grey water tank) and implementations onto the water circuit and machines, so that it becomes (near) closed circuit.
Gray Water Filtration
- BioTecture Self-Contained Gray Water Module - A small module, easily to build in into the home to purify gray water. Works by carbon filtering.
- DEKA's Project Slingshot Water Purifier invented by Dean Kamen; works by slinging the water around to filter it and then condense it. A stirling electricity generator that works on cow dung alongside (seperate) of the water purifier is invented aswell to power the water purifier.
- DIY Greywater Recycling System - Build your own Greywater Recycling System for $350 and save over 30% on your monthly water bill!
Water diversion systems and wetparks
- Waterwise systems - Australian company specialising in garden water diversion systems
- Holon's Wetpark system - A wetparks system which can be used for gardens
- Tap into Water Savings - Article about using household gray water. Lists lists safety issues, rules and regulations, and a resource list. (Mother Earth News; August/September 2004)
- Google > Gray+Water+Recycling+home
PREVENTION OF WASTE
- Directory:Energy Efficiency
- Directory:Home Generation:Gray Water Recycling
- Directory:Nuclear Remediation
TYPES OF WASTE-TO-ENERGY
- Directory:Plasma | News:Plasma
- Directory:Energy from Sewage
- Directory:Plastic and Energy
- Directory:Plant-Based Plastic
- Directory:Biodiesel from Algae Oil
- Directory:Microorganisms in Energy Production
- Directory:Microbial Fuel Cells
- Directory:Non-Fossil Oil
- Directory:Refinery Flaring Recovery