PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Technologies that use a principle of floating.
- Scalable wind turbine might fit on your roof - Doug Selsam´s "Sky Serpent" design uses several small rotors attached to a single shaft. 25 rotors generate 3,000 Watts to the generator. (Physorg; May 26, 2008)
Floating Solar Chimney
- Floating Solar Chimney - A variant of the concrete solar tower concept. The floating chimney is a light-weight structure made of a set of lifting balloon rings filled with a lighter than the air gas. Result is projected to be cost-competitive with grid electricity generation.
High Altitude Wind Turbines
- Directory: High Altitude Wind Power (Separate page) - The energy in winds miles above us is sufficient to provide all the world's energy needs. It can be captured with Flying Electric Generators at two cents per kilowatt hour or less. This is less than the cost of producing electricity using fossil fuels or nuclear fission.
Wind Turbines Floating at Sea
- VersaBuoy Sea Platforms - New system is 1/2 the cost of existing deepwater oil platforms; and is modular, opening many new possibilities, including off-shore wind and wave energy harnessing.
- News:Wind | 2010 | 2009 | 2008
- PowerPedia:Wind power | PowerPedia:Wind Turbine
- Directory:Wind:Past Developments
- Directory:Wind:Offshore | PowerPedia:Offshore Wind Power Drawbacks
- Directory:Wind Farms | PowerPedia:Windfarms
- Directory:High-Efficiency Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines
- Directory:Home Generation:Wind Turbine
- Directory:Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
- Directory:High Altitude Wind Power
- Directory:Wind Augmentation
- Directory:Power Via Atmospheric Pressure Differences
- Directory:Humdinger Windbelt
- Directory:Wind Power in the United Kingdom