PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory of technologies and resources relating to refrigeration or air conditioning using evaporative cooling effects.
- Featured: Air Conditioning > Evaporative Cooling > Coolerado >
Coolerado's super-efficient air conditioning expanded to include small residences (Interview with Mike Luby, CEO) - The clever M-cycle system uses consecutive stages of indirect evaporative cooling along with a heat exchanger so that the humid air does not enter the building but is effectively cooled while using as little as 10% as much energy as the traditional air conditioner. (PESN; Sept. 3, 2009) (Comment)
- Maisotsenko M-Cycle Coolerado - The engineering, design, application and installation of Coolerado's unique air-conditioning systems offer more flexibility and change than the air-conditioning world has seen in decades, using the Maisotsenko Cycle (M-Cycle) in which outside air is humidified and then de-humidified through a series of plastic plates. (PESWiki; Aug. 14, 2008)
- Coolerado Wins UC Davis Air Conditioning Prize - Expecting to ship later this year, the unit could cut the power consumed by air conditioners on top of big box retailers by over 50 percent. (Green Tech Media; August 17, 2009)
- Evapocooler invention for cooling camels milk in Somalia - Dominic Wanjihia invented this gadget which he calls Fine Lined Evaporative Cooler, for rural application in Somalia - the cooling of camels milk for transportation . He was working on a project for VETAID, Somali Pastoral Dairy Development Program - SPDDP,in Burao, Somalia June 2008. (AfriGadget; Aug. 22, 2008)
- Pot-in-Pot Non-Electric Cooling System - Nigerian inventor, Mohammed Bah Abba's award-winning, simple-to-implement invention of and evaporative cooler, consisting of one pot inside another, with wet river sand in between and a damp cloth on top. When kept in a dry, well-ventilated, and shady location, water evaporates, cooling the inner container.
- Port-A-Cool® is an evaporative cooling system capable of cooling thousands of square feet by as much as 20° and operates simply on electricity and water at a fraction of the cost of standard air-conditioning. The average daily operational cost to run a Port-A-Cool® is only 50¢ per day! Save up to 90% on your cooling cost!
- Air-Conditioner-Home - Swamp coolers are popular in the southwest because they are relatively inexpensive, use a quarter as much electricity as a refrigerated unit, are easy to maintain by the average do-it-yourselfer, and add a comfortable level of humidity to the dry desert air.
- Cool-n-Save's misting system makes residential air conditioners more energy efficient so you can save big money on your AC cooling bills!
- Coolit™ efficiently cools the air that circulates around and through the air conditioner's condenser unit, reducing your air conditioner's electricity appetite by up to 30%! Using about .06¢ of water per day, the Coolit's valve opens only when the air conditioner is working, sending water to 3 brass misting nozzles. These nozzles release a super-fine mist around the perimeter of the condenser. As the mist evaporates, the air is cooled by up to 25 degrees!
- Swampy Cooling Systems - Portable 12-Volt Cooling Systems are typically designed to help cool one or two people in the area they sleep, eat, work or ride in a vehicle. They use water evaporation or ice combined with air circulation to cool.
- KoolerAire - Turn your cooler into a portable air conditioner!
- Personal Ice Cooling Machine With Ionizer - Unlike a fan that blows hot air, the Personal ice cooling machine cooler can cool personal air space 15°F cooler when compared to a regular fan. The ice cooler is a cost effective alternative to the more expensive portable air conditioners. Great for the home or office.
- TurboKOOL - Quiet spin-spray cooling technology is the first successful, trouble-free and economical solar or 12-volt evaporative cooling system of its type for recreational vehicles.
- Allied Energy Systems - Thermal Flow ultra efficient air conditioners use a water cooled evaporative condenser to remove heat from the freon. Allied's system addresses and overcomes the historical considerations associated with water cooled equipment. A good, serviceable water cooled system must: be resistant to mineral build up, have low maintenance, be protected from corrosion and freeze damage.
Research and Development
- Air Conditioning > Evaporative Cooling >
NREL Improves On Swamp Cooler Tech to Create 90 Percent More Efficient Air Conditioner - DEVap, which stands for desiccant-enhanced evaporative air conditioner, being developed by the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, uses membrane technology to combine evaporative cooling with the drying potential of liquid desiccant salt solutions, economically using 50 to 90 percent less energy than the best available units. Estimated marketplace arrival: 5+ years. (Popular Science; June 18, 2010)
- Directory:Home Generation:Air Conditioning
- Directory:Home Generation:Refrigerators
- Directory:Magnetic Refrigerators
- Directory:Maisotsenko M-Cycle Coolerado