PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
This Directory is a place where we can monitor the consequences of our collective actions regarding alternative energy solutions and whether or not the adversely impact the earth on which we live.
The earth is our stewardship. How we treat it will depend on the quality of life for generations to come. Then there is the "Law of Unintended Consequences"..."each cause has more than one effect, and these effects will invariably include at least one unforeseen side effect".
Research and Development
- Wind >
Important Wildlife Work Underway at Iberdrola Wind Farm - In a groundbreaking effort to study the interaction between bats and wind turbines, Iberdrola has partnered with an independent conservation group, Bat Conservation International, for wildlife data collection at the facility, which is located in southwestern Pennsylvania. (Renewable Energy World; Oct. 22, 2008)
- IA TOOLS = Provides expert and non-expert with guidance on the main steps to be followed to perform an impact assessment. It contains an inventory of social, economic and environmental impact indicators.
- Low Impact Living Calculator - Calculate the environmental impact score for your household, and view great green projects for your home.
- Environmental Impact Assessment Review - A refereed, interdisciplinary journal serving a global audience of practitioners, policy-makers and academics.
- Search tool for Envronmental Impact Statements
- EPA EIS Database All EISs prepared by federal agencies are filed with EPA. Each week, EPA publishes in the Federal Register a "Notice of Availability" for all of the EISs filed with EPA during the previous week. EPA publishes this notice each Friday; if a holiday falls on Friday, the notice is published on Thursday.
- Urban Environmental Management
- International Association for Impact Assessment - IAIA is a forum for advancing innovation, development, and communication of best practice in impact assessment.
- PAC - Environmental Action Organizations.
- Humor > Environment > Impact > Conservation >
Earth Hour a Superficial, Cheap Conscience Salve (Video) [Caution: crude language and humor] - In a recap of 2011, comedian, Deek Jackson, provides a hilarious and insightful overview of all the hypocrisy and shallowness of "Earth Hour". He later also addresses the rising oil prices. "The ultimate environmental indulgence: ...In exchange for just one hour spent in the dark, you can be absolved of all consumerist sins accrued over the rest of the year." (YouTube / FKN Newz; January 24, 2012)
- Revealed: the environmental impact of Google searches - Performing two Google searches from a desktop computer can generate about the same amount of carbon dioxide as boiling a kettle for a cup of tea, according to new research. (Note: More Junk Science. Read the comments!) Includes video. (Times Online; Jan. 11, 2009)
- Some Biofuels Are Worse Environmentally Than Fossil Fuels, Analysis Shows -Fuels made from U.S. corn, Brazilian soy and Malaysian palm oil may be worse overall than fossil fuels. The best alternatives include biofuels from residual products, such as recycled cooking oil and ethanol from grass or wood. (Science Daily; May29, 2008)
In the News
See Discussion page
- Directory:Energy Efficiency
- Directory:Home Generation:Gray Water Recycling
- Directory:US:What You Can Do Now to Go Green and Save Money
- Directory:Environmental Impact
- Directory:Earth Changes
- Directory:Earth's Magnetic Pole Shift
ENERGY IN NATURE
- Directory:Microorganisms in Energy Production
- Directory:Bio-Energetics - Body electric
- Directory:Mimicking Living Organisms
- Directory:Solar:Photosynthesis Imitation
- Directory:Earth Batteries
MAN AND NATURE
- PowerPedia:Seventh Generation Sustainability
- Directory:Ocean Trash Vortexes (Gyres)
- Directory:Weather Control | Directory:Weather Modification Documentation
- Directory:Ecological Impact of Oil
- Template:Climate Change footer
- Directory:HAARP -- High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program
- Directory:Oxygen Depletion
- Directory:Global Warming
- Directory:Solar Cycle Influence on Global Temperatures
- Directory:Global Cooling
- Directory:CO2 Sequestration
- Directory:Carbon Credits