PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directory:Electric Vehicle Recharging Stations
Directory of technologies and resources related to electric vehicle recharging stations.
Recharging Station Technologies and Companies
- Wireless Transmission / EVs > Recharing Stations >
World’s First Wireless Electric Car Charger Launched In UK - The IPT (Induction Power Transfer) is the world’s first commercially-available wireless electric car charging system, the flagship product of start-up company HaloIPT. The company’s unique charging system has been described as the safest, most efficient and most effective way to transfer power without wires. (Inhabitat; Nov. 2, 2010)
- EVs > Recharging Stations >
Angel Car: World’s First Mobile Charging Station For Electric Cars - While the electric car is slowly being embraced by auto manufacturers and the public alike, the lack of charging stations has prevented it from fully being accepted by car-purchasing consumers. At the end of the day, no matter how much you love the planet, running out of juice with no charging point in sight is never appealing. Enter Nation-e. (Inhabitat; Sept. 15, 2010)
- EVs > Recharging Stations >
Free fast-charging stations for 4,400 Chevrolet Volt owners - With the long-awaited Chevrolet Volt set hit showrooms later this year, GM has announced that early adopters (in certain cities) will be eligible for one of 4,400 free home charging stations. The 240-volt fast-charge station deal is tied to a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) program which aims to assess electric vehicle charging infrastructure requirements. (GizMag; June 21, 2010)
- EVs > Recharging Stations >
Nissan EV quick charger to hit the market - In preparation for the December release of its sold-out all-electric LEAF automobile, Nissan said it will be selling in-house-designed EV quick chargers for CHAdeMO plugs. Nissan plans to install 2,200 standard non-quick chargers in dealerships throughout Japan, aiming for one charger within 40 kilometers of any point on the road. (GizMag; May 26, 2010)
- EVs / Smart Grid >
Microsoft Hohm Will Allow Electric Vehicles to Power Home Appliances - Ford and Microsoft have announced a partnership to create a computerized link between houses, electric cars and utility companies. The new electric car system will allow drivers to better manage home energy use and save money by telling the consumer the best time for cars to recharge (when demand and electricity rates are low). (MSNBC; March 31, 2010)
- EVs > Recharging / Fuel Cells / Solar Hydrogen > Honda >
Honda's next gen solar-powered hydrogen fuel cell station for home use - Honda has begun work on a smaller solar hydrogen station prototype intended as a home refueling appliance. Capable of an overnight refill of fuel cell electric vehicles it is designed to be a single, integrated unit that will fit in the user's garage, producing enough hydrogen (0.5kg) via an 8-hour overnight fill for daily commuting (10,000 miles per year). (GizMag; Feb. 1, 2010)
- Mitsubishi Develops EV Charging System for Apartment Dwellers - Mitsubishi and Japan Delivery System Corporation have developed the i-Charger, which is a variation of a technology in which users have their own unique PIN that allows them to retrieve packages from a main delivery box at an apartment complex. (EcoGeek; Dec. 12, 2009)
- Solar >
Solar Filling Stations: On-Demand Fuel for Electric Cars and Bikes - You know where the power is coming from with the E-Move Charging Station, a solar-powered filling station in Denmark that can charge up to eight vehicles at the same time. (Inhabitat; Sept. 17, 2009)
- Hawaii Is a Better Place for EVs - Hawaii is the perfect place for EVs. The island has more than 1.2 million cars and replaces between 70,000 and 120,000 of them each year, yet most see no more than a few dozen miles a day. The deal with Better Place makes Hawaii the first state to commit itself to electric cars on a broad scale. (Wired; Dec. 5, 2008)
- Coulomb Technologies announces "Smartlet" public charging stations - Coulomb Technologies has announced its new Smartlet charging stations and ChargePoint network system. The plan is for the company to sell the Smartlet stations to municipal governments and parking lot owners and then provide the ChargePoint network to provide a subscription based public charging system for consumers. (AutoblogGreen; July 22, 2008)
- Epyon: 10-Minute Electric Car Charging - Dutch startup Epyon says it can charge the battery of an electric vehicle in 10 minutes — a mere fraction of the 8-10 hours it can take to charge an electric car in a standard outlet. (Earth2Tech; June 19, 2008)
- EVFuture launches Solar Charging Station for electric vehicles - Based near Pondicherry, EVfuture launched a solar charging station for electric vehicles in Auroville, South India on Earth Day this year. The station features 2 electric panels on the roof with built-in chargers for 36V bicycles. (EcoFriend; June 16, 2008)
- Solar charging station for electric vehicles - Alpha Energy's EV-500 solar charging station for electric vehicles would make it easy for car-owners to tap solar energy and use it for recharging their vehicles. It has the capacity to use one, two or three 170 Watt PV modules, thereby satisfying the diverse geographical and solar intensity requirements. (EcoFriend; Feb. 14, 2008)
- AccelRate - Decreasing charging time while maximizing battery life, AccelRate technology can be used with lead-acid, NiMh, NiCd, and lithium batteries, powering equipment from cell phones to electric vehicles. AccelRate’s charger technology utilizes a charge/discharge algorithm that enables a full state-of-charge in 80% less time than conventional technology, and will extend battery life to its original capacity because of heat reduction during charging.
- Quick Charge! - The Hawaii Center for Advanced Transportation Technologies (HCATT) has been field testing AeroVironment PosiCharge rapid chargers for a fleet of Hyundai Santa Fe battery electric vehicles. The NiMH batteries took about 30 minutes to charge, longer than the 10-15 minute rapid charge available at full power, which lead-acid battery EVs often take advantage of. (Yahoo! Autos)
- Grid / EVs > Recharging Stations >
Power suppliers thrilled, worried about electric cars - The first mass-market electric cars go on sale next month, and the nation's electric utilities couldn't be more thrilled — or worried. Surge in demand could knock out power to a home or a neighborhood. (MSNBC; November 22, 2010)
Electric Vehicles Recharging Station Locations
- EV Charger News listings for EV charging stations in California, Arizona, and Georgia, along with some listings for other states.
- Clean Car Maps - Alternative vehicle fueling maps, including inductive and conductive electric.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Lists from hondaev.org
- AeroVironment - Fast charge system that charges both high voltage and low voltage electric vehicles simultaneously.
- Solar >
Solar Forest Cools and Charges Electric Cars - Designer Neville Mars envisions a parking lot that keeps your electric car cool and charges it while you do whatever you need to do after parking your car. The collectors would track the sun, also maintaining optimal shade below. (Alt Energy News; Aug. 10, 2009)
Recharging Station Resources
- V2Green - establishes two-way communication between plug-in vehicles and the grid, and provides the means to intelligently manage electric power resources, helping to reduce petroleum use and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Contests / Electric Vehicles / Recharging Stations >
Four Electric Vehicles Embark on 80 Day Trip Around the World - Is it possible to travel the globe in electric vehicles powered by renewable energy offsets? The “Zero Race”, an 80 day around-the-world excursion, just launched, pitting electric vehicles from Australia, Germany, South Korea and Switzerland against each other on a journey through Mexico, Europe, Russia, China, Canada, and the U.S., ending in January 2011. (Inhabitat; Aug. 16, 2010)
ELECTRIC VEHICLES FOOTER
- Directory:Electric Vehicles | PowerPedia:Electric vehicle
- News:Electric Vehicles | 2008-2009 | 2006-2007
- Directory:Electric Cars
- Directory:Electric Trucks
- Directory:Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles -- PHEV
- Directory:Electric Bikes, Motorbikes and Scooters
- Directory:Electric Vehicle Recharging Stations