PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Electric Bikes, Motorbikes and Scooters
Directory of fuel-efficient vehicles of the two-wheel variety.
- DIY / EVs > Motorbikes >
Electric Motorcycle Kit (.com) - Wilderness EV presents an affordable, easy to install, and powerful electric motorcycle kit to make your motorcycle, scooter, boat, 4-wheeler, riding lawnmower, small tractor or snowmobile run on electric power! The Wilderness EV electric motorcycle kit is clean, quiet, and very efficient.
See Directory:Electric Bicycles - separate page
- 4MC: The 20 year making of the tilting 4-wheeler - This first prototype of an entirely new design of leaning four-wheeled bike not only offers an increase in safety but would will be legal for anyone holding a car driving license to use without taking an extra test – all while keeping the cheap road tax, having good fuel economy and being exempt from congestion charging. (GizMag; June 11, 2009)
- Thunderstruck Motors - TS Motors has developed electric drag race and off-road motorcycles, go-carts, electric-assist bicycle trailers, a junior dragster, cars, and boats.
- A motorcycle that's fast, silent and green - The Zero electric motorcycle runs on lithium-ion batteries rather than gas. The Zero X dirt bike can be bought for around $6,900 with perfomance similar to a 250cc gas-burning motorcycle, no noise or pollution, 300 miles per gallon equivalent and less than 1 cent per mile to operate. A street-legal commuter motorcycle is planned. (CNET News; Aug. 2, 2007)
- Directory:Axel Corporation's Hybrid Bike - Tokyo based Axle Corporation has introduced a new electric motorbike with a hybrid plug-in, electromagnetic-permanent magnet motor, and is seven times more cost-efficient than scooters running on petrol.
- Electric Motor-scooters and Motorcycles - 50, 60 and 80 mph models
- ZAP Mud-E Dirtbike - An electric dirt bike for ages 8 and up, goes up to 20 mph, with range of 12 miles.
- Electric Motor Scooters from Two Wheels Rule - sells X-Treme motor scooters. The 500 watt version will get you 20 mph with a range of 20 miles. Attractive and functional bike with free shipping.
- Revolution EV - sells the X-Treme Scooters line of electric bikes and mopeds in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Vogelbilt Corporation - Electra Cruiser (formerly the Electric Hog)
- GoBlade - sells the Blade electric motocross bike in the UK
- Electric Moto Corp - The Blade T-6 delivers gas-engine MX bike performance in a silent, lightweight package.
- Global Hybrid Corp. - Sells lithium battery powered motorcycles such as the Jin bike with a top speed of 50 mph and a range of 75 miles.
- Zortch Electric Designs - high performance personal electric vehicles from the Pacific Northwest
- Electric Motorsport - 100% Street Legal Grand Prix Style Electric Motorcycle DOT Certified
- ThunderStruck Motors - AC Bikes: 60 mph, range 20 miles
- Electricross - Electric Motocross: More power than a Honda CRF150, weighs 100 pounds LESS, but silent, costs less than a penny a mile to ride.
- Covco - Korean made electric motorcycle with top speed of 110 km/h and range of 100 km.
- Killacycle smashes 1/4 mile records for electric vehicles - The Killacycle set the electric vehicle quarter-mile speed record in 8.168 seconds @ 155.78mph. The bike is fuelled by Li-Ion battery cells from A123 Systems. Top-fuel drag bikes burn over 4 gallons of expensive NitroMethane per run, while the Killacycle uses about 7 cents worth of electricity. (Gizmag; Apr. 9, 2007)
- The GomiCycle - electric motorcycle conversion using (mostly) scrap materials
- evDaytona - The evDaytona Electric Motorcycle. Now available as a spec built machine!
- Enertia Electric Motorcycle - Brammo Motorsports will be releasing an electric motorcycle called the Enertia Bike for sale in the United States in early 2008. It has a top speed of 50 mph, range of 45 miles, and can fully recharge via a standard plug in 3 hours. The power is stored in six Valence Technology lithium phosphate batteries. (TreeHugger; Jul. 7, 2007)
- Enertia Electric Motorcycle - (GreenWeb; June 6, 2008)
Hybrid Electric Motorbikes
- Yamaha set to launch hybrid production motorcycle for 2010 - Yamaha's Gen-Ryu uses a YZF-R6 600cc engine to turn a generator which in turn powers an electric motor to turn the rear wheel, delivering the type of performance normally associated with a much larger capacity engine, and is packaged as a futuristic cruiser with advanced aerodynamics and noise cancelling in the cockpit area. (GizMag; June 22, 2009) (Image Gallery)
- Fuel Efficiency > Scooters / H Injection >
Hydroxy Moped Project at University of Wisconsin-Madison - Some egineering students with faculty supervision undertook some testing of some already-efficient, 90 mpg Vespa scooters, adding an on-board electrolysis system, ducting the hydrogen into the air intake; and documented an additional 10% improvement in mileage, attributing it to catalyzing a "more complete combustion". (Perspective, UW-M; Spring 2009)
Advantages of Electric Scooters
The electric scooter might be the next alternative in city commuting. The cost to travel 10-20 miles is well below $0.2 as oppose to $2 on city bus (NYC). The electric scooters might be desirable alternative in a time when oil is becoming more and more expensive.
- Lithium-Ion Motorcycles - Better batteries are making electric motorcycles possible, providing a cleaner alternative to pollution-spewing gas-powered bikes. (MIT Technology Review; July 19, 2007)
- Speedy Pocket Bikes - USA's #1 dealer for electric scooters and pocket bikes. Warehouses throughout the US provide faster shipping times and efficiency. Electric scooters going up to 65 MPH and 80 Miles on a single charge!
- Electric Scooters World - Electricscootersworld has a varied nature and a complete line of electric scooters that are designed in order to fit your needs and demands.
- Scooter Euphoria - Street Legal DOT certified Mopeds, Electric Bicycles, Scooters, Safety Gear, Mobility Scooters, ATV’s, Utility Vehicles and more.
- Fun-ev.com 50 mph scooters - Li-Ion and lead acid versions. 3000 Watt. Under $4,000.
- Vectrix Electric Maxi-Scooter Review - The new electric scooter by Vectrix draws its energy from NiMH batteries which power a 27 hp motor. It emits no pollutants and operates in almost total silence. Its performance is like a 400 cc petrol-engine scooter - 0 to 50 mph in 6.8 seconds and top speed of 62 mph. Battery range is 62 miles, with a recharge time of two hours (80%). (Thomas Groussin; December 15, 2006)
- Volta GT electric scooter - The Electric Vehicle Company is set to introduce the Volta GT electric scooter at the Alternative Car Expo on October 19th. The scooter will have a switch that will allow riders to select either a performance mode (allowing speeds of up to 70 mph) or a economy mode (allowing travel up to 70 miles). (AutoblogGreen; Sep. 28, 2007)
- SolarVehicles.org - Free plans for building a solar powered electric vehicle with a top speed of 25 to 40 km/h, made possible by recent advances in solar modules, batteries and magnetic drives. Parts source list included. See also UprightSolar.
- Fun-Time e-scooters sells electric scooters in Canada
- Electric Motor-scooters and Motorcycles - Models ranging from a solar powered scooter to an 80 mph Electra Cruiser.
- Don's Solar Scooter - Here are a set of plans for a street legal, affordable, and dependable solar powered scooter from Don Dunklee. The PV panels fold in for driving, and out for charging. Don rides the scooter 5 miles to work each day, and can fold the panels out for charging the battery while parked at work.
- Sunbird from rad2go - Up to 45 mile range with pedal assist. 18 mph top speed.
- Pleiades-Enterprises Scooter World - Smart way to scoot around fuel bills. They're Fast, Fun, & Electric!
- Matrix E-scoot - fast, reliable, clean and green electric scooter / moped; vectrix alternative.
- EVT America - Electric Vehicle Transportation. Introducing the state of the art in Electric Scooters. A more powerful hub motor for sheer torque power.
- Electric Vehicle Technologies - EVT Electric Motor Scooters
- T3Motion - Personal mobility electric vehicles are simple to drive, operate on less than 10 cents per day, have a tight turning radius, and enhance visibility for law enforcement and security.
- Greenwit Technologies electric scooters
- Segway - Personal transporter self-balancing transportation device
- IKOO Transporter - Stainless steel body, dual disk brakes, 600 watt motor
- ElectroScoot - 50 cents for 50 km; removable lithium-ion battery
- Razor - electric scooters and motorbikes
- Yamaha - The Passol is an electric commuter using 100% electric energy. The EC-02 is Yamaha's second EV.
- eScooter - Arrow 45 is a German 4 wheeled electric scooter with a top speed of 45 km/h and a range of 30-60 km. It costs about 1 cent per kilometer to run.
- Veloteq - Veloteq manufactures power on demand electric bicycles for the North American market.
- e-max - With a speed of 60 km/h, up to 70 km distance range a real alternative solution.
- Sinclair C5 - The Sinclair C5 was a commercial disaster. This site is dedicated to show you the positive side of the C5.
- ZAPINO electric scooter - Not only economical and non-polluting, the ZAPINO is also powerful with an advanced 3000-watt brushless DC hub motor, perfect for city commuting. Able to reach speeds of about 30 mph with a range up to 30 miles, you will be able to keep up with city traffic without contributing to city pollution.
- Electric Big Wheel - 2-wheel EBW, 3000W (peak power), 150 lbs (with battery), cruising speed 27 km/hr, range 40 to 80 km, recharge 80% in less than hour
- FalconEV - The ONLY DUAL motor electric scooter available. lithium Iron phosphate batteries optional.
- GreenEmotor - 1600 to 2200 watt electric scooters have a top speed up to 42 mph. Standard outlet plug-in. $1.00 = 450 miles.
- Rad2Go - Electric scooter
- Baroni Bikes - Speed, range and acceleration unrivalled by any competitors in their class.
- Kasea Motorsports - The Kasea ZE-2000 uses a 2000-watt brushless motor with a proprietary silicone battery system for speeds of up to 37-mph with a range of 20 miles.
- Skeuter - Pure Electric Skeuters, 600 or 1500 watt. 20-30 mph. 20-30 miles per charge. Powered by Foxx Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries.
- IndusElectrans - Yo Bykes
- Yamaha's Electric Commuter EC-02 - It's just $2,000 and can go 18 MPH. EC-02 is 30 percent recyclable and it can fold away easily. There is a special Ipod edition of the EC-02. (AutoblogGreen; Aug. 13, 2007)
- Topmotorx - The new Electric Scooter is finally coming from www.Topmotorx.com , after years of proven performance and durability as the NO 1 electric scooter in China. Precision engineering and value make ZP 1500 watt and 2000 watt the best scooter available.
- e-max ev's Germany - Much higher torque and acceleration, the nearly non-existent maintenance costs and the environmental-friendly zero emission. Higher range, incredible performance, lower recharging time, the offering of silicon and lithium technology, high quality at a bargain price.
- Baroni EV - UK distributor of e-max scooters
- Firebox - Ego Electric Street Scooter. YouTube Video. Video. Firebox, the website that has the rights to the Ego Electric Street Scoota , has sold out of the £999.95 machine.
- Zac -- electric scooter from Portugal - If you weigh less than 176 lb, then this little 19kg scooter will pull you up a 10% incline. Can reach a max speed of 25 kph (15 mph) and give an hours worth of travel (at 15 kph). (TreeHugger; Mar. 29, 2006)
Bellevue-Washington based Evader, Inc. (http://www.evader.us.) (NASD. PK: EVDR), the maker of cheap electric low-performance scooters powered by leading-edge chinese proprietary technology..huh ?? with EPIC technology (fire alarm) has a wide variety ( 2 kinds )of electric motor scooters to choose from. Evader’s electric scooter bikes offer a solution to all environmental problems.
Electric Scooters and Beyond - Selection, Safety, Technology, and Maintenance.
- Popular books on Scooters and Cycling - Buying, maintaining and enjoying scooters; clubs and socializing; Earth-friendly transportation. Soon: books on touring.
- Moped Laws - summary by state of driving age, license and insurance requirements
- V is for Voltage Forums - Motorcycles and Large Scooters
- El Moto.net - the electric motorcycle information network - Motorcycles and Large Scooters
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email: email@example.com
- Electric Bikes - A visual directory of electric bicycle websites. (EnergyPlanet.info)
- Tilting 3-Wheelers
- EV Search - A custom search engine focusing just on electric vehicle oriented websites
- WWWATTS - A blog and podcast aggregation site focusing on electric vehicle discussion
ELECTRIC VEHICLES FOOTER
- Directory:Electric Vehicles | PowerPedia:Electric vehicle
- News:Electric Vehicles | 2008-2009 | 2006-2007
- Directory:Electric Cars
- Directory:Electric Trucks
- Directory:Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles -- PHEV
- Directory:Electric Bikes, Motorbikes and Scooters
- Directory:Electric Vehicle Recharging Stations
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency
- Template:Fuel Efficiency footer - many more listings
- Directory:Hybrid Vehicles