PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Directory:Electric Bikes, Motorbikes and Scooters
Directory of fuel-efficient vehicles of the two-wheel variety.
- DIY / EVs > Motorbikes >
Electric Motorcycle Kit (.com) - Wilderness EV presents an affordable, easy to install, and powerful electric motorcycle kit to make your motorcycle, scooter, boat, 4-wheeler, riding lawnmower, small tractor or snowmobile run on electric power! The Wilderness EV electric motorcycle kit is clean, quiet, and very efficient.
See Directory:Electric Bicycles - separate page
- 4MC: The 20 year making of the tilting 4-wheeler - This first prototype of an entirely new design of leaning four-wheeled bike not only offers an increase in safety but would will be legal for anyone holding a car driving license to use without taking an extra test – all while keeping the cheap road tax, having good fuel economy and being exempt from congestion charging. (GizMag; June 11, 2009)
- Thunderstruck Motors - TS Motors has developed electric drag race and off-road motorcycles, go-carts, electric-assist bicycle trailers, a junior dragster, cars, and boats.
- A motorcycle that's fast, silent and green - The Zero electric motorcycle runs on lithium-ion batteries rather than gas. The Zero X dirt bike can be bought for around $6,900 with perfomance similar to a 250cc gas-burning motorcycle, no noise or pollution, 300 miles per gallon equivalent and less than 1 cent per mile to operate. A street-legal commuter motorcycle is planned. (CNET News; Aug. 2, 2007)
- Directory:Axel Corporation's Hybrid Bike - Tokyo based Axle Corporation has introduced a new electric motorbike with a hybrid plug-in, electromagnetic-permanent magnet motor, and is seven times more cost-efficient than scooters running on petrol.
- Electric Motor-scooters and Motorcycles - 50, 60 and 80 mph models
- ZAP Mud-E Dirtbike - An electric dirt bike for ages 8 and up, goes up to 20 mph, with range of 12 miles.
- Electric Motor Scooters from Two Wheels Rule - sells X-Treme motor scooters. The 500 watt version will get you 20 mph with a range of 20 miles. Attractive and functional bike with free shipping.
- Revolution EV - sells the X-Treme Scooters line of electric bikes and mopeds in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Vogelbilt Corporation - Electra Cruiser (formerly the Electric Hog)
- GoBlade - sells the Blade electric motocross bike in the UK
- Electric Moto Corp - The Blade T-6 delivers gas-engine MX bike performance in a silent, lightweight package.
- Global Hybrid Corp. - Sells lithium battery powered motorcycles such as the Jin bike with a top speed of 50 mph and a range of 75 miles.
- Zortch Electric Designs - high performance personal electric vehicles from the Pacific Northwest
- Electric Motorsport - 100% Street Legal Grand Prix Style Electric Motorcycle DOT Certified
- ThunderStruck Motors - AC Bikes: 60 mph, range 20 miles
- Electricross - Electric Motocross: More power than a Honda CRF150, weighs 100 pounds LESS, but silent, costs less than a penny a mile to ride.
- Covco - Korean made electric motorcycle with top speed of 110 km/h and range of 100 km.
- Killacycle smashes 1/4 mile records for electric vehicles - The Killacycle set the electric vehicle quarter-mile speed record in 8.168 seconds @ 155.78mph. The bike is fuelled by Li-Ion battery cells from A123 Systems. Top-fuel drag bikes burn over 4 gallons of expensive NitroMethane per run, while the Killacycle uses about 7 cents worth of electricity. (Gizmag; Apr. 9, 2007)
- The GomiCycle - electric motorcycle conversion using (mostly) scrap materials
- evDaytona - The evDaytona Electric Motorcycle. Now available as a spec built machine!
- Enertia Electric Motorcycle - Brammo Motorsports will be releasing an electric motorcycle called the Enertia Bike for sale in the United States in early 2008. It has a top speed of 50 mph, range of 45 miles, and can fully recharge via a standard plug in 3 hours. The power is stored in six Valence Technology lithium phosphate batteries. (TreeHugger; Jul. 7, 2007)
- Enertia Electric Motorcycle - (GreenWeb; June 6, 2008)
Hybrid Electric Motorbikes
- Yamaha set to launch hybrid production motorcycle for 2010 - Yamaha's Gen-Ryu uses a YZF-R6 600cc engine to turn a generator which in turn powers an electric motor to turn the rear wheel, delivering the type of performance normally associated with a much larger capacity engine, and is packaged as a futuristic cruiser with advanced aerodynamics and noise cancelling in the cockpit area. (GizMag; June 22, 2009) (Image Gallery)
- Fuel Efficiency > Scooters / H Injection >
Hydroxy Moped Project at University of Wisconsin-Madison - Some egineering students with faculty supervision undertook some testing of some already-efficient, 90 mpg Vespa scooters, adding an on-board electrolysis system, ducting the hydrogen into the air intake; and documented an additional 10% improvement in mileage, attributing it to catalyzing a "more complete combustion". (Perspective, UW-M; Spring 2009)
Advantages of Electric Scooters
The electric scooter might be the next alternative in city commuting. The cost to travel 10-20 miles is well below $0.2 as oppose to $2 on city bus (NYC). The electric scooters might be desirable alternative in a time when oil is becoming more and more expensive.
- Lithium-Ion Motorcycles - Better batteries are making electric motorcycles possible, providing a cleaner alternative to pollution-spewing gas-powered bikes. (MIT Technology Review; July 19, 2007)
- Speedy Pocket Bikes - USA's #1 dealer for electric scooters and pocket bikes. Warehouses throughout the US provide faster shipping times and efficiency. Electric scooters going up to 65 MPH and 80 Miles on a single charge!
- Electric Scooters World - Electricscootersworld has a varied nature and a complete line of electric scooters that are designed in order to fit your needs and demands.
- Scooter Euphoria - Street Legal DOT certified Mopeds, Electric Bicycles, Scooters, Safety Gear, Mobility Scooters, ATV’s, Utility Vehicles and more.
- Fun-ev.com 50 mph scooters - Li-Ion and lead acid versions. 3000 Watt. Under $4,000.
- Vectrix Electric Maxi-Scooter Review - The new electric scooter by Vectrix draws its energy from NiMH batteries which power a 27 hp motor. It emits no pollutants and operates in almost total silence. Its performance is like a 400 cc petrol-engine scooter - 0 to 50 mph in 6.8 seconds and top speed of 62 mph. Battery range is 62 miles, with a recharge time of two hours (80%). (Thomas Groussin; December 15, 2006)
- Volta GT electric scooter - The Electric Vehicle Company is set to introduce the Volta GT electric scooter at the Alternative Car Expo on October 19th. The scooter will have a switch that will allow riders to select either a performance mode (allowing speeds of up to 70 mph) or a economy mode (allowing travel up to 70 miles). (AutoblogGreen; Sep. 28, 2007)
- SolarVehicles.org - Free plans for building a solar powered electric vehicle with a top speed of 25 to 40 km/h, made possible by recent advances in solar modules, batteries and magnetic drives. Parts source list included. See also UprightSolar.
- Fun-Time e-scooters sells electric scooters in Canada
- Electric Motor-scooters and Motorcycles - Models ranging from a solar powered scooter to an 80 mph Electra Cruiser.
- Don's Solar Scooter - Here are a set of plans for a street legal, affordable, and dependable solar powered scooter from Don Dunklee. The PV panels fold in for driving, and out for charging. Don rides the scooter 5 miles to work each day, and can fold the panels out for charging the battery while parked at work.
- Sunbird from rad2go - Up to 45 mile range with pedal assist. 18 mph top speed.
- Pleiades-Enterprises Scooter World - Smart way to scoot around fuel bills. They're Fast, Fun, & Electric!
- Matrix E-scoot - fast, reliable, clean and green electric scooter / moped; vectrix alternative.
- EVT America - Electric Vehicle Transportation. Introducing the state of the art in Electric Scooters. A more powerful hub motor for sheer torque power.
- Electric Vehicle Technologies - EVT Electric Motor Scooters
- T3Motion - Personal mobility electric vehicles are simple to drive, operate on less than 10 cents per day, have a tight turning radius, and enhance visibility for law enforcement and security.
- Greenwit Technologies electric scooters
- Segway - Personal transporter self-balancing transportation device
- IKOO Transporter - Stainless steel body, dual disk brakes, 600 watt motor
- ElectroScoot - 50 cents for 50 km; removable lithium-ion battery
- Razor - electric scooters and motorbikes
- Yamaha - The Passol is an electric commuter using 100% electric energy. The EC-02 is Yamaha's second EV.
- eScooter - Arrow 45 is a German 4 wheeled electric scooter with a top speed of 45 km/h and a range of 30-60 km. It costs about 1 cent per kilometer to run.
- Veloteq - Veloteq manufactures power on demand electric bicycles for the North American market.
- e-max - With a speed of 60 km/h, up to 70 km distance range a real alternative solution.
- Sinclair C5 - The Sinclair C5 was a commercial disaster. This site is dedicated to show you the positive side of the C5.
- ZAPINO electric scooter - Not only economical and non-polluting, the ZAPINO is also powerful with an advanced 3000-watt brushless DC hub motor, perfect for city commuting. Able to reach speeds of about 30 mph with a range up to 30 miles, you will be able to keep up with city traffic without contributing to city pollution.
- Electric Big Wheel - 2-wheel EBW, 3000W (peak power), 150 lbs (with battery), cruising speed 27 km/hr, range 40 to 80 km, recharge 80% in less than hour
- FalconEV - The ONLY DUAL motor electric scooter available. lithium Iron phosphate batteries optional.
- GreenEmotor - 1600 to 2200 watt electric scooters have a top speed up to 42 mph. Standard outlet plug-in. $1.00 = 450 miles.
- Rad2Go - Electric scooter
- Baroni Bikes - Speed, range and acceleration unrivalled by any competitors in their class.
- Kasea Motorsports - The Kasea ZE-2000 uses a 2000-watt brushless motor with a proprietary silicone battery system for speeds of up to 37-mph with a range of 20 miles.
- Skeuter - Pure Electric Skeuters, 600 or 1500 watt. 20-30 mph. 20-30 miles per charge. Powered by Foxx Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries.
- IndusElectrans - Yo Bykes
- Yamaha's Electric Commuter EC-02 - It's just $2,000 and can go 18 MPH. EC-02 is 30 percent recyclable and it can fold away easily. There is a special Ipod edition of the EC-02. (AutoblogGreen; Aug. 13, 2007)
- Topmotorx - The new Electric Scooter is finally coming from www.Topmotorx.com , after years of proven performance and durability as the NO 1 electric scooter in China. Precision engineering and value make ZP 1500 watt and 2000 watt the best scooter available.
- e-max ev's Germany - Much higher torque and acceleration, the nearly non-existent maintenance costs and the environmental-friendly zero emission. Higher range, incredible performance, lower recharging time, the offering of silicon and lithium technology, high quality at a bargain price.
- Baroni EV - UK distributor of e-max scooters
- Firebox - Ego Electric Street Scooter. YouTube Video. Video. Firebox, the website that has the rights to the Ego Electric Street Scoota , has sold out of the £999.95 machine.
- http://www.ZoomElectricScooters.com - sells the X-Treme brand and the ScooterX brand of electric scooters, electric power bicycles, electric motorcycles, electric mopeds, and electric mobility scooters. The XM-5000Li is a top-of-the-line electric scooter; it can reach speeds of 60mph with a range of 80 miles (depending on the rider's weight and the terrain). electric power bicycles, electric motorcycles, electric mopeds, and electric mobility scooters are gaining wide acceptance and popularity due to innovations that allow the batteries and electrical systems in these bikes to last longer than ever before. The XB-305Li Electric Bicycle is a high-quality, step-through electric bicycle, powered by (7) lightweight Lithium Batteries and a 300 Watt rear hub motor. This electric bike is capable of speeds up to 20mph with a range of 15 - 20 miles per charge, depending on rider weight and terrain. More and more people are switching from gasoline and diesel powered cars and trucks to clean, energy-efficient electric powered vehicles. Most electric bikes will pay for themselves in less than a year with the saving on the high prices of gasoline, repairs, maintenance, and insurance.--Dave 02:15, 13 June 2011 (PDT)
- Zac -- electric scooter from Portugal - If you weigh less than 176 lb, then this little 19kg scooter will pull you up a 10% incline. Can reach a max speed of 25 kph (15 mph) and give an hours worth of travel (at 15 kph). (TreeHugger; Mar. 29, 2006)
Bellevue-Washington based Evader, Inc. (http://www.evader.us.) (NASD. PK: EVDR), the maker of cheap electric low-performance scooters powered by leading-edge chinese proprietary technology..huh ?? with EPIC technology (fire alarm) has a wide variety ( 2 kinds )of electric motor scooters to choose from. Evader’s electric scooter bikes offer a solution to all environmental problems.
Electric Scooters and Beyond - Selection, Safety, Technology, and Maintenance.
- Popular books on Scooters and Cycling - Buying, maintaining and enjoying scooters; clubs and socializing; Earth-friendly transportation. Soon: books on touring.
- Moped Laws - summary by state of driving age, license and insurance requirements
- V is for Voltage Forums - Motorcycles and Large Scooters
- El Moto.net - the electric motorcycle information network - Motorcycles and Large Scooters
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email: email@example.com
- Electric Bikes - A visual directory of electric bicycle websites. (EnergyPlanet.info)
- Tilting 3-Wheelers
- EV Search - A custom search engine focusing just on electric vehicle oriented websites
- WWWATTS - A blog and podcast aggregation site focusing on electric vehicle discussion
ELECTRIC VEHICLES FOOTER
- Directory:Electric Vehicles | PowerPedia:Electric vehicle
- News:Electric Vehicles | 2008-2009 | 2006-2007
- Directory:Electric Cars
- Directory:Electric Trucks
- Directory:Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles -- PHEV
- Directory:Electric Bikes, Motorbikes and Scooters
- Directory:Electric Vehicle Recharging Stations
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency
- Template:Fuel Efficiency footer - many more listings
- Directory:Hybrid Vehicles