PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory of technologies and resources relating to electric bicycles.
- EVs > Electric Bicycles >
30 miles-per-hour battery bike - An inventor in Hawaii has created a design for an electric bicycle that can travel 20 miles at 30 mph; while not requiring special licensing. The downside is that other drivers aren't used to bikes going that fast. (KITV; Aug. 16, 2010)
- EVs > Electric Bicycles >
'E-Rockit' hits German fast lane - A Berlin inventor, Stefan Gulas, has come up with an electric bike which you power by pedaling that can reach speeds of 50 mph. The system allegedly amplifies the effort you put in by a factor of 50, meaning you can accelerate quickly and maintain high speeds with very little effort. [Probably includes plug-in battery as part of augmentation?] (BBC; July 13, 2009)
- Top Gear Electric Bikes - The UK has a store that includes electric mountain bikes and folding electric bikes. (Videos) (Top Gear; March 5, 2009)
- GreenWheel Gives any Bicycle an Electric Boost - The GreenWheel, developed by researchers at MIT, is relatively easy to pop onto a pedal bike since all the parts except the throttle are enclosed in the wheel. (See also bionx) (Inhabitat; Feb. 24, 2009)
- Electric Bikes - Manufacturing and distributing efficient, reliable and stylish electric bikes for commuters, parents, leisure-seekers and fashionistas to replace every day trips in cars and public transport in the UK and abroad.
- SpeedyPocketBikes - SpeedyPocketBikes is the USA's #1 source for scooters, pocket bikes, electric bicycles and super bikes, including the X-18 super bike and X-19 super bike.
- EcoBike - EcoBike is a world-renowned designer of quality electric bicycles, sold all over Europe and North America.
- Electric Bikes - Manufacturing and exporting high quality electric bikes such as electric mountain bike, city electric bike, folding electric bike,electric bicycles etc.
- Strange vehicles: Mitka Trike - Originally designed in 2002 in the Netherlands, the Mitka is a commuter tricycle with electric power-assistance. In electric only mode, the Mitka is capable of 15 mph (25km/h), and has a range of 15 - 22 miles. With the rider pedaling the Mitka can get up to speeds of 22 mph. Being tested by Nike. (Diseno-Art; Oct. 31, 2008)
- Power-Assisted Bikes - EBikes - Hybrid Bikes (August 7, 2008)
- Powered Bicycles - Hack-a-Day - Lists a few electric bike projects with videos. (Hack A Day; June 1, 2008)
- China's Cyclists Take Charge - The electric bike has rapidly become one of the most popular modes of transportation in China in the past few years. They will outsell cars by three times this year, due to ease of use, low sale price and high savings. Spectrum claims electric bikes carry a single driver with 15 to 20 times greater efficiency than that of an average small car. (AutoblogGreen; May 30, 2007)
- Electric Bikes - Practical transportation for errands and short commutes.
- Electric Bikes - NYCeWheels Electric Bikes and Electric Folding Bikes
- ZAP Electricruizer bike
- Strong GT-S Electric Bike - Goes 100 km on a fully-charged battery. 500W of power - top speed approximately 28 km/h.
- R-Bike - lightweight, ergonomically correct, 20mph top speed, 40 mile range
- Electric Transportation Solutions sells electric bikes
- The Green-powered bicycle from Yamaha - Yamaha is releasing a bicycle with an electric motor and a rechargeable lithium battery that can help up the hills and through the wind. Sensors and a computer continually monitor pedal force and speed and calculate the amount of extra power to provide to the bicycle's rear wheel. (Mobile Magazine; January 18, 2007)
- FalconEV - Custom High performance electric bicycles w Lithium batteries, 30+ mph
- Electric Cyclery - a wide selection of electric bicycles in Laguna Beach, California
- Village Energy - Advancing transportation solutions that are green, practical, and fun.
- Cleverchimp - Stokemonkey Human Electric Hybrid Drive is an electric motor assist kit for Xtracycle® Sport Utility Bicycles. Xtracycle gives almost any bike amazing cargo capacity, and Stokemonkey gives you the power to haul it over mountains or swiftly across town. Stokemonkey is for riders who want to become independent of cars in their daily lives.
- California Electric Recreational Vehicles - The REVI is classified as a motorized bicycle and, therefore, all that is required of you is a valid driver's license and a helmet!
- List of Retailers of Electric Bikes and Scooters
- Thera-P-Products - The E-V Sunny Bicycle has light absorbing Solar panels built right into the Wheels, creating continual power from the Sun’s Rays, and maintaining a constant charge to the batteries. The bike is propelled by a 500 watt front hub motor.
- Schwinn Sting-Ray Electric - Choose your mode of power: pedal, electric or both together for crazy speed. Electric power will get you up to 14 mph. The removable, rechargeable battery system looks like a V-Twin engine and can be charged on or off the bike.
- Sun E Trike - Solar powered recumbent tricycle plans.
- Electrik Motion - large selection of electric bikes, electric scooters, electric conversion kits & accessories.
- Currie Technologies - IZIP Urban Cruiser
- Kronosport - This human/electric powered TAXI can travel up to 12 mph with a range of 25 miles and recharges in 5 to 6 hours. It carries two passengers and sports a mini-trunk for packages or groceries and is also available in a VAN or TRUK model.
- EcoSpeed - electric recumbent bikes
- Bicycle-Power.com - links to electric bike companies
- ExtraEnergy.org - the Info Center for Light Electric Vehicles!
- Palm Imports - 2,4 or 6 person SURRY bicycle with canopy top available with Electric assist.
- Sparta Ion - Electric bicycle has the battery hidden in the frame with the motor invisibly integrated into the rear wheel hub. Select the desired level of pedal assistance on the handlebar-mounted display. Maximum motor assistance speed is 25 kph and range is 25 to 55 kilometres.
- Aerorider - The Aerorider has a top speed of 45 kilometres per hour. The streamlined fairing offers protection from all kinds of weather.
- In Motion Technologies - Avanti retro-fit kit. Range 20-40 km, max assisted speed 30 km/h
- Powabyke - purpose-designed electric bikes offer all the benefits of traditional cycling - the freedom, the convenience, the practicality - but with an important difference: none of the effort. That's because you pedal only when you want to.
- GoldenMotor - Foldable e-bike fits in your car trunk.
- Boomerbents - Raptor allows riders to pedal or twist the throttle, cruise at 15 mph top speed for 25 miles on a single battery charge, and climb steep hills. No need for license, insurance or registration. It has 750 watts of torque, full front & rear suspension, hydraulic disk brakes, wide seat and a canopy.
- 50cycles - sells the most advanced and capable electric powered bicycles in the UK.
- Cycles Maximus - High capacity tricycles - pedal and electric power - UK
- Electric Motion Systems - With the new EMS electric propulsion and control system and with sleek and elegant lines, the E+ combines advanced engineering with the look and feel of a traditional bicycle.
- eROCKIT - Serial electric hybrid bike which is capable of going fifty miles per hour and reportedly has strong acceleration. The range can be extended by pedaling along, though your strokes don't actually ever make it to the wheels in a conventional way. Instead, your legs turn a small generator which adds a bit of juice to the battery.
- Worldwide Electric Bikes - Complete Electric Bike Conversion Kits for Your Bicycle.
- Featured: OS > Electromagnetic > E-bikes >
Concerned Father Requests Assistance from PESWIKI for Rickshaw Bike Project - Angus Kirk, who lives in hilly Agropoli, Italy, is looking for a way to power his rickshaw bike to haul his kids to school and other errands, while keeping it under 250 Watts. He's composed a clever video addressed to the PESWiki crowd to get suggestions. (PESWiki and BeforeItsNews; March 10, 2011)
- E-China: The bicycle kingdom is going electric - Workers weary of crammed public transport or pedaling long distances to jobs are upgrading to battery-powered bikes and scooters. Even some who can afford cars are ditching them for electric two-wheelers to avoid traffic jams and expensive gasoline. (Yahoo News; July 25, 2009)
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - main index
- News:Fuel Efficiency
- Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Directory:Energy from Roadways
FUEL TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES
- Fuel Additives
- Directory:Alternative Fuels
- Directory:Fuel Pre-Heating for Mileage Improvement
- Hydrogen Injection
- Directory:Running Vehicles on Water
- Directory:Clean Fuel Conversions
- Directory:Spark Plugs
- Directory:Hypermiling -- Driving Tips for Better Mileage
- Directory:Boron Additive
- Directory:Electric Vehicles
- Template:Electric Vehicles footer - more EV listings
VEHICLE HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
- Directory:Air Cars