PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:Earth's Magnetic Pole Shift
Science has documented numerous reversals of the Earth's magnetic field in the past. Another reversal is pending. How long will it take? How will it effect energy devices that involved magnetic or electromagnetic phenomena?
Possible energy ramifications of diminishing magnetic field. How long will it linger at zero before reversing? (PESN; Feb. 27, 2005)
- "A magnetic pole reversal may be of significance to the search for clean energy generation and transportation. If earth magnetic anomalies become more frequent or are concentrated in certain areas, we could see disruption of existing electrical grids, even without the dramatic atmosphere expansion and radiation damaging to life and computers." -- Mary-Sue Halliburton
- Earth Changes > Earth's Magnetic Pole Shift >
Magnetic polar shifts causing massive global superstorms - An unstoppable magnetic pole shift that has sped up and is causing life-threatening havoc with the world's weather. What drives planetary weather patterns is the climate and what drives the climate is the sun's magnetosphere and its electromagnetic interaction with a planet's own magnetic field. When the field shifts, when it fluctuates, when it goes into flux and begins to become unstable anything can happen. (Helium; February `4, 2011)
- Wandering Poles - The mystery of the Earth's magnetic field reversals may at last be solved. Field, which deflects solar wind, is diminishing, and headed for 180 flip-flop. (Popular Mechanics; Feb. 24, 2005)
- Pole Shift - "171 reversals of the Earth's magnetic poles have been documented"
- A Pole Shift Is The Least Of Our Worries - "Seen in the paleomagnetic record, locked into rocks of the ocean floor and in some lava flows, scientists think the time between reversals on the Earth falls somewhere between every 100,000 to 25 million years, with the reversal itself taking about 5,000 years."
- Pole Shifts - Many researchers believe that the Earth's poles are going to shift in the near future. They believe that this is all part of the cycles of planet Earth. The magnetic North and South poles have shifted before in the course of the planet's history - one result being the last Ice Age.
- Pole Shift (June, 2001)
- Magnetic Pole Shift? - Satellites Showing Radiation Damage (Sunday Times, New Zealand; July 26, 2004)
- Magnetic Pole Shift May Be Underway (Rense.com)
- Earth Changes / Pole Shift (About.com)
- When Compasses Point South (NOVA; PBS)
- FAQ: "The Great Magnet, the Earth" (Phys6.org)
- Magnetic Pole Shifts (weinholds.org)
- Google Earth's Magnetic Pole Shift
Local magnetic field fluctuations
- Magnetic Pole Shift May Be Underway - Ted Twietmeyer reports local fluctuations in the orientation of the magnetic field.
See Discussion page