PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Directory:ECS Solar Systems
ECS Solar Energy Systems is a state licensed, solar contracting company that specializes in the installation and maintenance of solar hot water, solar pool heating and solar electric systems. They are licensed for both residential and commercial Solar Systems. ECS is 100% owned and operated by Tom and Shirley Lane who have over 27 years experience in installing and servicing solar energy systems.
Tom Lane, President / Field Engineer, and Shirley Lane, General Operations Manager, have been in the business of solar contracting since 1977. ECS first started solar contracting in 1977 and is now the #1 solar electric company in Florida.
They employ five full time technicians trained by Tom Lane himself. Over 4000 homeowners personally know their commitment to excellence.
In the News
As of the year 2002, ECS Solar has installed more solar electric systems over the last 15 years than ALL the solar companies in Georgia and Florida.
- 1977 – Tom Lane starts solar contracting as documented by U.S. Department of Energy pamphlet HCP 115663-01, issued 1978.
- 1978 – Tom Lane issued the first specialty Solar Contracting License in Florida.
- 1995, 1996, and 1999: Won Solar Electric Project of the year from the Florida Solar Energy Association, for various solar projects.
- In 1993, Tom Lane and five other solar contractors were chosen to develop the test and textbooks for the new state solar electric license.
- 2000: Won the Solar Electric Project of the Year from the Florida Solar Energy Association for the First Coast High School Project in Jacksonville, Florida, a grid connected system for JEA Utility in Jacksonville.
- 2000: Won a Special Project Award from the Florida Solar Energy Industry Association for the “New Tara,? in Perry Georgia, the largest residential solar electric system in the United States as of 2000.
- 2001: Won the Solar Electric Project of the Year from the Florida Solar Energy Association for solar powering Broad Key Island in the Florida Keys.
- 1999: Hutton’s Solar Electric Contractor of the Year for the United States
- 2000: Certified by the Florida Solar Energy Center, Cocoa, FL, for installing solar electric grid connected systems; the only contractor as of 2002 to pass the solar exam without taking the week long course. Also certified by Siemens Solar, now Shell Solar.
- Solar powered the island Cornish Key in the outer islands of the Bahamas.
- 1993-2004: Tom Lane: Technical Director of the Florida Solar Energy Industry Association.
- 2001: Helped certify, install, and test the first BP solar powered gas station in Florida
- 2002: Installed the first two Grid Connection solar electric systems with Shell Solar panels, in two model homes for the parade of homes. They were installed for the Florida Home Builders Association in Marion County and Alachua County, Installed residential grid connected home in Melbourne, Brevard.
- 2002: Aurora Award given by the Southeastern Builders Association for pioneering the use of advanced solar power technology in home energy use.
A Sampling of Projects Completed by ECS
- DOMINICAN REPUBLIC: SOLAR WELL PUMPING
This project resulted in the two largest solar-powered well-pumping systems installed in the Caribbean as of 1996. Featured in U.S. Department of Energy publications. The project was sponsored by the University of Arizona's Farmer to Farmer program in 1988.
- BRITISH ARMY: MOBILE SOLAR POWER STATION
A mobile solar power station in the form of a trailer with generator backup capabilities build for the British Army's military operations in Saudi Arabia.
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA: ELECTRICAL VEHICLE CHARGING STATION
A solar power station for the University of Florida's Energy Park, acting as a charging station for UF's electric car program and powering offices at the International House with backup by generator or utility power.
- TANZANIA NATIONAL PARK: SOLAR VETERINARY CLINIC
Designed to power lights, centrifuges, microscopes, cryogenic freezers and water purification systems for a wildlife research laboratory in Tanzania National Park. A solar power system for a mini-lab and freezer for a land rover also was designed. Both projects were sponsored by the Laboratory Department of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- PEPSI-COLA/FRITO LAY SHEDS
A photovoltaic lighting system for portable storage sheds for the Frito Lay Division of Pepsi Company.
- SOLAR ELECTRIC PROJECT OF THE YEAR (1996) AWARDED BY THE FLORIDA SOLAR ENERGY INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
A mobile solar power station in the form of a trailer designed for Gulf Power Utility Company's contract with the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) at the University of Florida. The mobile station provides solar electric power or hybrid generator at IFAS, and also serves as a unique mobile educational and training facility in solar electric power for public schools in Florida. The mobile solar power station also provides a mobile emergency solar generator hybrid for quick response for power hurricane disaster sites.
- SOUTH PACIFIC OFFICE POWER CENTERS
Solar power station shipped through Hawaii to remote South Pacific islands as part of a power supply for containerized offices sold by Keola Beamer, Distribution Systems, Hawaii.
- MIAMI AUTO LEAGUE, INC. READY-RESPONSE STATIONS
A mobile solar power station for a Midas Muffler distributor for Caribbean Communications with quick portability to and from the site during hurricane warnings.
- BRADEX CORP. (CHILE): MOBILE SOLAR TEST STATION
A mobile power supply demonstration trailer for Bradex Corp. (Chile's Toyota distributor) to monitor a 400-watt solar array at various locations in Chile, and for testing solar well pumping. This led to Chile's government installing small solar systems in rural homes.
- Directory:Solar - index of resources
- News:Solar (current) | 2010 | 2009 | 2006-2008
- PowerPedia:Solar Energy - Encyclopedic review of history and future
- Directory:Solar Energy Research and Development
- Directory:Solar Problems
- Directory:Concentrated Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Infrared Harvesting
- Directory:Solar PhotoVoltaics
- Directory:Solar Thermal
- Directory:Home Generation:Solar Heating
- Directory:Thin Film Solar
- Directory:Solar:Photosynthesis Imitation
- Directory:Solar Paint
- Directory:Dye Solar Cells
- Directory:Solar Tower
- Directory:Floating Solar Chimney
- Directory:Space Based Solar Power
- Directory:Solar Sails
- Directory:Solar Windows
- Directory:Plastic Solar Cells
- Directory:Silicon - more efficient uses, alternatives, methods
- Directory:Black Silicon
- Directory:Synchronous Solar Heliostat
- Directory:Solar:Installation and Consultation