PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
PESWiki Directory of Clean Energy Technologies
- Earth Batteries - Directory of technologies and resources relating to the generation of electricity from earth (dirt, with plants, minerals, moisture, earth's magnetic field, etc.) The Earth Battery technology is actually 150+ years old, and was a major source of power during the 1800s.
- Earth's Magnetic Pole Shift - How will it effect energy devices that involved magnetic or electromagnetic phenomena?
- Ground Source Heat Pumps >
EarthLinked Technologies - Company has been in the business of installing Ground Source Heat Pumps for nearly two decades. The residential and commercial systems save energy in the winter and summer, drawing from the thermal mass of the earth with their direct geo-exchange technology. ROI is just a few years.
- Featured: Wind > Horizontal Axis >
Honeywell Wind Turbine by EarthTronics - EarthTronics, of Michigan, USA, says they have developed a wind turbine for residential and business customers that produces the highest output while having the lowest cost per kWh installed, at 1/3 the cost of any other wind generator on the market, and will be available through Ace Hardware stores in the Fall. Skeptics say this is hype not supported by actual deployment. (PESWiki; June 18, 2009)
- (EBM) Energy By Motion - Out of the blue, a company in Hungary (originally from Toronto) springs on the scene with three humongous prototypes getting 6% over-unity, complete with patents, scientific certifications, demo hours, and a price tag for a power plant. The alleged rate: 6 cents/kW-hour.
- The Ecowatts Thermal Energy Cell - British group is developing an electrolysis based energy cell that converts electrical power into heat at an efficiency significantly greater than that of a conventional immersion heater. Independent analysis has verified that the system produces 1.5x to 2 times as much energy out as was put in. Expected in the market by 2010.
- Edwards Hot Water Heat Pump - is like a solar water heater without collector panels. It operates like a refrigerator only in reverse; transferring the heat in the surrounding air to the stored water. It is extremely energy efficient - using approximately one third the energy of a conventional electric water heater.
- Featured: Wireless Transmission / Battery Chargers >
eCoupled is helping launch a world without power wires - eCoupled technology by Fulton Innovation, entails an inductively coupled power circuit that dynamically seeks resonance with the device(s) being charged. Ties with Motorola, Energizer, Texas Instruments will see many products arrive in 2009. (PESWiki; Dec 19, 2008)
- EEStor Hybrid battery - Texas company is working on an "energy storage" device made from ceramics. It's not technically a battery because it doesn't use chemicals. It can allegedly charge within 5 minutes with enough energy to move a car 500 miles on about $9 worth of electricity -- about 45 cents a gallon.
- Electric Scooters - There is great alternative to city commuting -- electric scooters. The cost to travel 10-20 miles is well below $0.2 as opposed to $2 on city bus (NYC). Scooters require less mass to be moved, and hence can be far more economical.
- Electric Vehicles - The fuel cost for an electric car is one quarter that of a gasoline car. Lithium batteries extend the range and top speed. Choose from several new models or convert a conventional car into an electric car.
- Electrocharger - World's first hybrid retrofit that allows you to convert your car into a hybrid electric vehicle. Takes the place of the alternator and contributes to acceleration.
- Electron Power Systems™ (EPS) - Toroid plasma technology that remains stable without magnetic confinement, by using background gas pressure for confinement instead, could provide clean, non-polluting energy technology at one-tenth the cost of present energy generation.
- Featured: Fuel Efficiency >
Electrorheology Leads to Efficient Combustion - Rheology is defined as the science of the deformation and flow of matter. Researchers at Temple University have published a method by which their electrically charged tube is attached to the fuel line of a car's engine near the fuel injector, creating an electric field that thins fuel, or reduces its viscosity, so that smaller droplets are injected into the engine. (PESWIki; Oct. 1, 2008)
- Featured: Electromagnetic / Propulsion >
EmDrive - Chinese Say They're Building 'Impossible' Space Drive - Chinese researchers are proceeding to build a demonstration version of a technology developed by Satellite Propulsion Research Ltd (SPR Ltd) of the UK, who have tested both an experimental propellant-less thruster and a demonstrator engine that use patented microwave technology to convert electrical energy directly into thrust. (PESWiki; Sept. 27, 2008)
- The End of Suburbia: Oil Depletion and the End of the American Dream - Using the notion of "peak oil" as its underlying assumption, this documentary builds a case for suggesting that the suburban lifestyle is unsustainable. What happens when oil becomes unattainable in a society built on an oil assumption?
- ENECO Chip Converts Heat to Electricity - Utah company claims to have invented and patented a "solid state energy conversion/generation chip" that will convert heat directly into electricity or alternatively refrigerate down to -200 degrees Celsius when electricity is applied.
- Featured: Wind > High-Efficiency HAWT >
Groundbreaking Energy Ball Wind Turbine for Home Power -The Energy Ball designed and built by Home Energy in the Netherlands, breaks from most wind turbine design by using a spherical structure. They say that by using such a design, significantly higher aerodynamic efficiency can be achieved (40% better efficiency), as compared to traditional designs. (PESWiki; Sept. 17, 2008)
- Featured: Videos >
Energy from the Vacuum series - Parts 1-9, now available, feature Tom Bearden as well as John Bedini, Walter Rosenthal, Deborah Chung, Howard Johnson, Peter Lindemann, Daniel Sheehan, Sparky Sweet, and T Henry Moray. "Even a tiny efficiency of tapping [space energy] could and will extract all the energy anyone could wish." (PESWiki; March 15, 2009)
- Energy Tower - Bi-directional Energy Towers, employ a method to transfer heat between the air and ground within a tower. Depending on whether the ambient air temperature is higher or lower than the ground temperature the air is cooled or heated the change in air temperature causes the air to rise or fall and drive electrical generation turbines.
- EnergyTower AB is a Mini Tornado Energy Device - The Energytower is said to be a controlled reproduction of a tornado inside a cylindrical tower.
- Engineuity is Preparing Hydrogen Solutions - Engineuity R&D Ltd. has been developing a technology for onboard hydrogen production. A characteristic feature of the technology is the use of a light metal wire made of aluminum or magnesium, water and a special conversion unit.
- Top 100: Solar > Inverters >
Micro-Inverters make solar modular - Enphase Micro-Inverters turn solar panels into modular systems, increasing the energy harvest by 13 to 15 percent. The system includes the micro-inverter, embedded powerline communications and Enlighten — a web-based performance monitoring and analysis tool. (PESWiki; Sept. 22, 2008)
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room (2005) - A must-watch movie for our generation. Especially interesting to those of us in the energy field inasmuch as part of the fraud included playing with California's energy supply for nearly a year.
- Emerging Technologies Development Corporation - hydrogen from water and battery economizer
- Encore's Accelerated Magnetic Piston Generator - New (Magnetic Piston Generator) MPG design has the flexibility to be powered by any source of thermal (heat) or pressure energy to produce electricity. Propels a permanent magnet through a series of electro-magnetic coils to generate electricity according to Faraday's Law of Induction.
- Energy Efficiency - Addresses the general principle of device efficiency in determining the value and practicality of any particular proposed solution.
- Top 100 / Featured: Wind > Vertical Axis >
Enviro Energies' magnetically levitated Mag-Wind™ system - Affordable wind turbine design by this North American company reduces friction, noise, vibration and energy losses, and generates power in low wind environments; is now going into production. (PESWiki; Jan. 23, 2009)
- Water as Fuel > Brown's Gas >
Epoch has Commercialized Brown's Gas - Epoch Energy Technology Corp is a Taiwan-based manufacturer of Oxy-hydrogen gas generators and solar water heaters. They have developed a method by which ordinary soft water can be instantly transformed into oxygen-hydrogen fuel.
- Concentrated Solar > eSolar Utility-Scale Solar Power - eSolar thermal power systems use reflected sunlight via heliostats as a heat-source to drive electric generators. Using small heliostat size and the advantage of mass production, eSolar systems were designed to minimize cost, realizing economy-of-scale at 33 MW, becoming cost competitive with fossil-fuel-powered plants.
- e-Traction System - Whisper™ buses in the Netherlands get 13.9 mpg by using a diesel engine with an electrical generator to produce electricity which runs electric motors that are directly connected to wheels.
- Wind > Vertical Axis >
Ettridge Wind Turbine - Australian inventor's turbine harnesses oncoming wind for 120 degrees of the turn, while the remaining 240 degrees is shielded by a skirt to cover the blades from oncoming wind. Meanwhile, overhead air scoops direct the air above the rotor down into the tunnel created by the rotor and wind shield. (PESWiki; Oct. 5, 2008)
- Fraud > Europositron Rechargeable Aluminum Batteries - Technology based on nanoscale electrochemistry will allow production of rechargeable aluminum batteries providing up to 20 times more capacity than current batteries. The materials are environmentally safe and fully recycleable. 1-2 years to market.
- EV Gray - Inventor of the Gray motor, which was the first market-ready prototype replication of Nikola Tesla's radiant energy phenomenon. Never made it to market for reasons that his nephew described as "paranoia, secrecy, and greed". He took his invention with him to the grave -- or did he?
- Why GM Created then Destroyed the EV1 - Leslie R. Pastor argues that GM had a significant motive for scrapping the EV1: they intended to prolong the use of gasoline system engines in cooperation and collaboration with the International Oil Companies.
- Evaporation - energy source modalities
- Examining New Foundations for Cold Fusion - W. Gulinski argues for the need for new foundational premises for cold fusion because otherwise there is no way to surpass some theoretical troubles such as are shown in Don Borghi's experiment. One such remedy is supposedly found in the Quantum Ring Theory.
- Honda patents exhaust-heat-to-energy process - Honda has received a patent on an exhaust heat exchanger that harnesses the heat energy from the exhaust through a thermal exchange, which can then be converted into electrical energy through a thermal electric process or to drive a turbine/generator.
- Top 100 / Featured: Generators / Wind >
ExRo Technologies' Variable Input Electrical Generator (VIEG) - ExRo's patented technology designed for widely variable speeds of wind, wave, run-of-river, and tidal turbines; takes the place of traditional generators that are limited in operating activity; and could lower the cost of wind turbines, while significantly increasing their power output. (PESWiki; Nov. 21, 2008)