PESWiki.com -- Pure Energy Systems Wiki: Finding and facilitating breakthrough clean energy technologies.
Donations to PES are needed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Green methods of producing Diesel fuel, as in pure hydrocarbon fuel that is equivalent to what comes out of the oil fields. See also Directory:Biodiesel (not a pure hydrocarbon).
Other Diesel issues.
- Fill her up please, and make it myco-diesel - The fungus Gliocladium roseum, found inside the Ulmo tree in the Patagonian rainforest, has a potential so startling, that the discoverers have coined the term "myco-diesel" to describe the bouquet of hydrocarbons that it breathes."This is the only organism that has ever been shown to produce such an important combination of fuel substances," said Gary Strobel, a professor of biology at Montana State University. (AFP Google, "Wired Nov. 4, 2008)
- Ecofasa turns waste to biodiesel using bacteria - The process doesn't yield that much actual fuel: just one liter of biodiesel from 10 kg of trash. The project is now in a development phase, but Ecofasa said that a commercially viable model could be ready in three to four years. (Patent) (Video Link" Spanish) (AutoBlog Green; Oct. 18, 2008)
- CPD Process Turns Trash into Diesel Fuel - Green Power Inc has developed a catalytic pressureless depolymerization (CPD) process they call "NanoDiesel" that inexpensively converts biomass and municipal waste into high quality diesel fuel, which could solve the world's energy and waste problems at the same time, without upsetting the CO2 balance.
- Breakthrough Low-Emission Diesel Technology - Our Low-Emission Diesel Blend is One Instant Alternative to Cheaply Cut NOx, PM & other GHGs Simultaneously. By Merely Changing The Fuel to Our "Reformulated Green Diesel", There Won't Be Any Need For Retrofits, Repowering or Changing Your Engines.
- GRC Microwave Turns Carbon Items into Oil and Gas - Frank Pringle of Global Resource Corp (GRC) has invented and refined an efficient microwave energy process to turn plastics, discarded tires, and other carbon-based substances such as shale, coal, and tar sands into gas and oil.
- US Military Investigating Fuel from Waste - Two companies are working together on a portable system that converts coal, natural gas, and biomass into diesel and jet fuel. The military could use the system to convert waste created at military bases--food scraps, paper, wood--into a fuel for military jets and vehicles.
- Waste to Energy >
Changing World Technology - Thermal Depolymerization Process - Technology claims to have a viable method of reforming organic waste into oil. However, the system has cost far more, and the small issues much larger than they had initially estimated. (PESWIki; Aug. 26, 2008)
- Syntroleum Bio-Synfining™ process - This flexible feed, flexible synthetic fuel technology is able to take a wide variety of renewable feedstocks such as natural gas, vegetable oils, fats, and greases; and turn them into liquid hydrocarbons including diesel and jet fuels. (PESWiki; June 24, 2008)
Other Diesel Methods
- Directory:Microwave-based Oil Extraction - Methods of using microwave frequencies to extract oil and gas in seconds from shale, coal, and tar sands. The microwaves are tuned to an optimum frequency to separate the component parts which can be burned or condensed into liquid fuel, using only a small portion of the energy produced.
- Directory:Ecological Impact of Oil
- Directory:Ocean Trash Vortexes (Gyres)
- Directory:Fuel Efficiency - many more links here
- Directory:Microwave-based Oil Extraction
- Directory:Clean Coal
FOSSIL-BASED OIL REPLACEMENTS
- Directory:Non-Fossil Oil
- Directory:West Fabrication Institute's Taylor/Pyrox Technology
- Directory:Green Power Inc's NanoDiesel:Catalytic Pressureless Depolymerization (Oiling)
- Directory:Global Resource Corp:High-Frequency Attenuating Wave Kinetics or HAWK
- Directory:Changing World Technology - Thermal Depolymerization Process